Value of: Carlo to Toronto

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
You guys went up against two of the best offences in the league on an every other night basis, and that was with Matthews being shut down, no **** the GA will go up Carlo or not... now with JT in the mix and a pissed off Auston Matthews, it should go even higher with that dud hack in the lineup :)

During the 7 playoffs games, how many points did Auston Mathews get ??? 2 points in 7 games

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Once you Leafs fans realized that your NOT getting Brandon Carlo, you start attacking Him and his abilities basically calling him garbage. I read that over the summer Brandon Carlo has put on 20Lbs of muscle, let’s see how he plays this year.

Hopefully you weren't call me a Leaf fan. Because, if you are, I'm insulted! Attack my mother please but don't call me a Leaf fan. I hate them (the Leafs. Indifferent to the fans) :[

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
I’ve read that over the summer Brandon Carlo has put on 20Lbs of muscle, let’s see how he plays this season
Are you sure about 20lbs? 5 lbs of pure muscle per month doesn't sound too realistic, without even taking into account that he wasn't exactly an unhealthy player before the summer.

EDIT: never mind seems like there's a few athletes that were able to gain similar amounts of muscle. Carlo is going to be absolutely massive then if that's true

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Are you sure about 20lbs? 5 lbs of pure muscle per month doesn't sound too realistic, without even taking into account that he wasn't exactly an unhealthy player before the summer.

EDIT: never mind seems like there's a few athletes that were able to gain similar amounts of muscle. Carlo is going to be absolutely massive then if that's true

Big big season for Carlo. And I hope that its not Bruins fans that will be eating humble pie.

So far he has been a good not great #4. at 5 on 5. Good on PK. Something clicked in the last few weeks for Carlo before he got hurt. He went from being Hal Gill that can skate to being more aggressive both physically and in the parts of the ice outside the defensive zone. Not going to find the quotes here at work, but he himself stated how weird it was that something clicked and he just got that he was capable of doing these other things.

But, players getting stronger and having positive things to talk about in the offseason is something that happens every offseason. Sometimes its real and sometimes you don't see results. Last year it was Spooner coming into camp with more muscle and a new attitude and it didn't really work out. Years before it was Marchand and it did in a big way. Who knows.

Reactions: Raymoondo

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

I'm not sure 20 lbs of pure muscle is realistic but I think 20 lbs generally certainly is. The kid is 6'5, he clearly has the frame to put weight on.

Reactions: Raymoondo

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine

These guys live at the gym, and you can put on a lot of muscle if you drink a a lot of those protein shakes

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Is McQuaid worse than Polak? Carlo, I'm sure is a non-starter, especially if it's the leafs that are asking but McQuaid seems like they'd happily give away to anyobe. Honestly haven't noticed his play much in recent years and I know most people's opinion of him is he can't play anymore but if nothing else he's a warrior that would bring some much needed grit and heart to a fairly soft group of skilled players

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I’ve read that over the summer Brandon Carlo has put on 20Lbs of muscle, let’s see how he plays this season

Damn, all the other players were sitting at home eating chips while Carlo was getting in the best shape of his life. This changes everything.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I remember when Luke Schenn did that, did wonders for his career.

He also wasn't very good. ;)

Carlo can skate and the added size will help him continue to add the physical side Dougie never could. Carlo started showing some toughness before the injury last season, finally.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Is McQuaid worse than Polak? Carlo, I'm sure is a non-starter, especially if it's the leafs that are asking but McQuaid seems like they'd happily give away to anyobe. Honestly haven't noticed his play much in recent years and I know most people's opinion of him is he can't play anymore but if nothing else he's a warrior that would bring some much needed grit and heart to a fairly soft group of skilled players

McQuaid is a 6/7.

edit: honestly he wouldn't be a bad fit in Toronto as a part time player... but don't see these two teams making a deal for years.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The eye test my friend, the eye test. I know he made you guys nervous many times, including that absolutely beautiful goal he scored in game 7

I'm not going to disagree that he has that "scoring goals out of nowhere" Grabner type potential. He also hasn't produced much. Full asterisks allowed because he has only played with 4th liners... but he hasn't stood out producing wise compared to other 4th liners.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
You're arguing with a guy who's had 434 posts in 5 years....not really a great representation of our fanbase. Kapanen is what he is, really fast with a decent 2 way game......so far. We don't really know what he can become...but with increased time, we'll find out.

Just because I don't post a whole lot doesn't mean I'm not an avid user or reader or know the game and its players inside out...It's just funny to troll Bruins fans who think Carlo will become the next Chris Pronger when I think he'll become the next Luke Schenn.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Not interested even though he is good, he is not a top pairing defenseman and playing on a strong defensive team helps his over all stats and eye test but he would be a street dog on Toronto’s roster. Let him be a Bruin where he can have a decent career.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Just because I don't post a whole lot doesn't mean I'm not an avid user or reader or know the game and its players inside out...It's just funny to troll Bruins fans who think Carlo will become the next Chris Pronger when I think he'll become the next Luke Schenn.

It's for the bolded reason that Leafs fans have to wade through 10000 bullshit posts to have any intelligent conversation on this site....

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
It’s still unrealistic to be putting on that much muscle

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were a personal trainer. I've watched interviews with players that have stated after being eliminated from the playoffs take 2-3 weeks off before they start training for the new season. Every NHL team has a dietitian, and personal trainer. They teach them what foots to eat and what foods to stay away from which is very important when building muscle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad