Value of: Carlo to Toronto

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Thats fair. I can say that if there was one fan base that could smell a #1D its Boston. Baring injury, I just don't see how he doesn't become one. He just oozes everything you look for. Best young talent IMHO to join the Bruins since Bergeron.
Agreed he is very likely to a be a #1 I'd just like to see him without Chara which we will see the season after the upcoming one.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Agreed he is very likely to a be a #1 I'd just like to see him without Chara which we will see the season after the upcoming one.

Actually, its very possible THIS season you see Chara and Carlo back together and Moore/McAvoy being a pairing. Not for sure, but I think they want to give Carlo a chance to grow other parts of his game after a season of baby sitting Krug.

edit: of course in that scenario its unclear which pairing is the #1 pairing... which I think might be the wise course of action in a division with TB and Tor.

Reactions: WJCJ and Ziggdiezan

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I feel like it is a little too early to call a defender a #1D when they have only played 63 regular season games.

Lots of other defenders get crucified if you call them a number 1D without like 2-3 seasons of high level play.

Not saying he can't or won't be a number 1D but I'd like to see a season or two more first
I agree with this McAvoy really good but he needs to at least have to deal with a puck in the face once to start making these proclamations

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Bruins probably favorably deploy Moore to pump him up to Leddy/Stralman levels and trade him for a good haul next year or the year after while keeping Carlo around.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Quite hilarious to see people, and especially Bruins fans, are still drinking the Brandon Carlo Koolaid...this guy is absolutely atrocious and more so whenever he plays against the Leafs. What an absolute dud LOL. Most overrated young defenseman in hockey and its not even close. Would have moved him for Landeskog faster than a heartbeat, can't believe Sweeney declined that :laugh:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
If you trade for Carlo just remember he still has to
answer for Santino. There is only one question. Was it Tattaglia or Barzini ?

Ans - it was Barzini

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Quite hilarious to see people, and especially Bruins fans, are still drinking the Brandon Carlo Koolaid...this guy is absolutely atrocious and more so whenever he plays against the Leafs. What an absolute dud LOL. Most overrated young defenseman in hockey and its not even close. Would have moved him for Landeskog faster than a heartbeat, can't believe Sweeney declined that :laugh:

Good enough to average 20 minutes a night over his 1st two years in the league on a top 5 team in GA and wins. Lol.

Also 16th most PK TOI for all skaters on the second best Pk team over that time.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So because Carlo got burned, while being only 21, he's terrible. But Gardiner, being older, gets burned, he's still a great Dman. Got it, Leaf fans.

If a defenseman makes a poor play once they are clearly garbage.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Came for this comment.
Wasn't disappointed.
:laugh:

what exactly do you think a 21 yr old, 6'5 defenseman who has played a shut down role for 2 years in the top 4 of a defense that finished 8th and 3rd in GA cost?

He's also the top pair D on the PK, averaging 2:47 per game, behind only Chara

If you think its less than a 20G/60PT unsigned winger, then I guess Leaf fans are gonna keep living up to the stereotypes.

Reactions: wintersej

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
what exactly do you think a 21 yr old, 6'5 defenseman who has played a shut down role for 2 years in the top 4 of a defense that finished 8th and 3rd in GA cost?

He's also the top pair D on the PK, averaging 2:47 per game, behind only Chara

If you think its less than a 20G/60PT unsigned winger, then I guess Leaf fans are gonna keep living up to the stereotypes.
Haha sure thing, sport ;)

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Good enough to average 20 minutes a night over his 1st two years in the league on a top 5 team in GA and wins. Lol.

Also 16th most PK TOI for all skaters on the second best Pk team over that time.

You guys didn't miss a beat without him in the playoffs, he's a dud get over it..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad