Value of: Carlo to Toronto

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Let me preface this thread with a heartfelt apology for another "D to Toronto" thread but this one has kind of been burning a hole in my brain so I'm over it.

I still really do not understand why Boston signed John Moore, but here we are. I think the talk that they might trade Krug is nuts. Nonetheless they have 8 roster D with Zboril potentially knocking on the door soon.

Carlo would be a good fit as a shut down D for TO that fits the age core, and I get there's absolutely no hurry to move him, but with him, McAvoy, Donato and Heinen needing new deals this summer and DeBrusk and Krug next it could get a little dicey even with Chara and McQuaid off the books.

Anything realistic get it done from Toronto?

Reactions: Getz2perry

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Something around Dermott for Carlo?

I’d hate to lose Dermott, but Carlo is a rhd which is a bigger need

Or Johnsson/Brown And a Pick?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

That's shuffling lawn chairs and doesn't address the premise needs for either team. According to OP, the Bruins are looking to move out a defenceman because they have too many. The Leafs are looking to add a good one because they have too few. Swapping defencemen doesn't solve the need for either.

I'm sure the Bruins aren't interested in trading Carlo for anything that's not an overpayment and I sure as heck don't want to give up Dermott before we really know what we have in him.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
That's shuffling lawn chairs and doesn't address the premise needs for either team. According to OP, the Bruins are looking to move out a defenceman because they have too many. The Leafs are looking to add a good one because they have too few. Swapping defencemen doesn't solve the need for either.

I'm sure the Bruins aren't interested in trading Carlo for anything that's not an overpayment and I sure as heck don't want to give up Dermott before we really know what we have in him.

How about Johnsson, 2nd & Pickard

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I really don't think the Bruins are going to be moving Carlo. As many have said, Krug is likely to be the D who is available for a few reasons. McAvoy is going to take over the PP at some point most likely, they have 3 LHD who are better defensively and a couple of them are puck movers. They won't ever be what Krug is offensively but Krug won't ever be what they are defensively. They have several good LHD prospects. Krug is going to get a huge pay day which is probably going to be more than Boston wants to pay for an all offense defenseman. Krug also can be traded to a certain number of teams per his modified no trade clause. Last but not least, they can get a good player who would help the team in return for Krug, 60 point scoring D are worth a significant amount.

It seems that Carlo is being counted on to play big minutes on the PK and be a good defensive top 4 D who can play big minutes. I do not think it would be smart to create an imbalance by trading Carlo, they do not have anyone ready to provide what he provides right now. McAvoy can replace Krug on the PP.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
From what I just read McQuaid is the most likely to be traded. It is my strong belief that McAvoy, Carlo, Krug and Chara because of his age and NMC are the least likely to Traded

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
How about Johnsson, 2nd & Pickard

If Johnsson has a great season (55+ points) they might be interested. But they've got pretty decent depth themselves and Carlo brings a fairly unique element to their blueline which I expect they want to keep. A late 2nd is pretty meh and they've already got 2 goalies, Pickard would need to pass waivers for their team. But until Johnsson has sustained success at the NHL level he's not going to carry a ton of value.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto

Not a chance of the first offer.

Maybe a forward.

But Boston/Leafs trading to help each others needs? Not a chance.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
From what I just read McQuaid is the most likely to be traded. It is my strong belief that McAvoy, Carlo, Krug and Chara because of his age and NMC are the least likely to Traded

Again, a case of unlikely to be moved due to division rivalry but what is the cost of McQuaid to Toronto? Fills a need for us and the fact he expires after this year is nice.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I said from what I read McQuaid is the most likely to be traded, I never said to Toronto.

I know that lol but just curious on the cost to Toronto or is it just a case of you'd rather he sit in the press box and eat the cap then deal him to a division rival?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Do you have any deal in mind that you think might work?

Honestly. No. Bruins seem to want to build around Carlo and McAvoy as their top 4 RHD and they don’t really have anything young past that on the right side. Axel is the only other and was just drafted.

As well don’t see Boston filling Toronto’s biggest and most obvious need.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The problem is that teams want our good players for their good players. It is further augmented on HF because an "over-payment"is required as well.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad