Value of: Carlo to Toronto

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
2.61 GA/gm in the regular season with Carlo
3.08 GA/gm in the playoffs without Carlo

...want to try again?

You guys went up against two of the best offences in the league on an every other night basis, and that was with Matthews being shut down, no **** the GA will go up Carlo or not... now with JT in the mix and a pissed off Auston Matthews, it should go even higher with that dud hack in the lineup :)

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
You guys went up against two of the best offences in the league on an every other night basis, and that was with Matthews being shut down, no **** the GA will go up Carlo or not... now with JT in the mix and a pissed off Auston Matthews, it should go even higher with that dud hack in the lineup :)

The funny thing is that Carlo would be the Leafs best defensive D right now.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Yeah, if you take away the fact that while adding JT, you lost a 50 pts C and 36G winger.

If they play each other again next year I don’t see how the outcome will be different. Pissed or not, Matthews was and will be shit down again by Bergeron, Chara & McCavoy

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, if you take away the fact that while adding JT, you lost a 50 pts C and 36G winger.

If they play each other again next year I don’t see how the outcome will be different. Pissed or not, Matthews was and will be **** down again by Bergeron, Chara & McCavoy

A 36G winger whos absolutely atrocious 5v5 and rode the coattails of a good power play around him as well as Marner and a 50 point C whos good on faceoffs but also not good defensively. Not worried about that one bit, especially with a couple more young guns in Johnsson and Kapanen getting bigger roles.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
A 36G winger whos absolutely atrocious 5v5 and rode the coattails of a good power play around him as well as Marner and a 50 point C whos good on faceoffs but also not good defensively. Not worried about that one bit, especially with a couple more young guns in Johnsson and Kapanen getting bigger roles.

That’s still 110 points to cover by JT and Kapanen’s ability to improve. I see JT putting up 80 points with Kapanen, Brown, Johnsson putting up between 15-25 points each.

It’s just my personal opinion but I think Boston, Tampa Bay, Washington & Pittsburgh are all better teams than Toronto’s and Philly’s, Florida & Columbus being very similar to them.

Hell, I think even Buffalo could give Toronto a run for their money this year.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Hey man, I'm not the one trying hard to justify an overrated dud who should have been shipped for Landeskog being good here..

:laugh:I'm not going to debate you on why Carlo is a good player because you won't listen anyway.

Mathews is a player who doesn't show up when it counts. and the Leafs will never win anything with him as their go to guy.

Did I do that right?:sarcasm:

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
That’s still 110 points to cover by JT and Kapanen’s ability to improve. I see JT putting up 80 points with Kapanen, Brown, Johnsson putting up between 15-25 points each.

It’s just my personal opinion but I think Boston, Tampa Bay, Washington & Pittsburgh are all better teams than Toronto’s and Philly’s, Florida & Columbus being very similar to them.

Hell, I think even Buffalo could give Toronto a run for their money this year.

Kapanen was an absolute beast for us in the playoffs and you saw that first hand, guy's got speed, skill and can go to the dirty areas. I'm quite confident he will improve as a full time NHLer especially if he's playing on a 3rd line with Kadri and Johnsson or Brown. For me, I'll take John Tavares 8 days of the week over JVR and Bozak even if mathetmatically JVR and Bozak had more pts. Our problem wasn't scoring, it was defense, and Tavares alone has more defense in his pinky fingernail than JVR and Bozak have in their whole bodies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Kapanen was an absolute beast for us in the playoffs and you saw that first hand, guy's got speed, skill and can go to the dirty areas. I'm quite confident he will improve as a full time NHLer especially if he's playing on a 3rd line with Kadri and Johnsson or Brown. For me, I'll take John Tavares 8 days of the week over JVR and Bozak even if mathetmatically JVR and Bozak had more pts. Our problem wasn't scoring, it was defense, and Tavares alone has more defense in his pinky fingernail than JVR and Bozak have in their whole bodies.

He had one point and was a -4

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Quite hilarious to see people, and especially Bruins fans, are still drinking the Brandon Carlo Koolaid...this guy is absolutely atrocious and more so whenever he plays against the Leafs. What an absolute dud LOL. Most overrated young defenseman in hockey and its not even close. Would have moved him for Landeskog faster than a heartbeat, can't believe Sweeney declined that :laugh:

The four Bruins games you watch a year isn't enough to convince anyone you have any idea what Carlo is or could be in the future.

If you aren't interested in the player you could just say so and save yourself the time.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Lol don’t bother. The adults here are well aware the guy is a troll.

Or delirious. If 1 point -4 Kapanen is their new lord and saviour I’m sure Boston will be just fine

Yeah some people aren't even worth responding to. Life is too short.

Carlo is a 21 year old top four d man who looks to have a very strong future ahead.

Reactions: Raymoondo

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
So because Carlo got burned, while being only 21, he's terrible. But Gardiner, being older, gets burned, he's still a great Dman. Got it, Leaf fans.

Once you Leafs fans realized that your NOT getting Brandon Carlo, you start attacking Him and his abilities basically calling him garbage. I read that over the summer Brandon Carlo has put on 20Lbs of muscle, let’s see how he plays this year.

Reactions: Pia8988

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He had one point and was a -4
You're arguing with a guy who's had 434 posts in 5 years....not really a great representation of our fanbase. Kapanen is what he is, really fast with a decent 2 way game......so far. We don't really know what he can become...but with increased time, we'll find out.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad