Value of: Carlo to Toronto

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
No deal that makes sense. Bruins move Carlo and their top need becomes finding another Carlo.

Exactly. There is no trade involving Carlo that makes sense right now unless they are getting an upgrade on Carlo and what he brings to the team. A guy like that would cost a lot to acquire and they already have McAvoy ahead of him on the right side so they are probably pretty happy to keep him.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
From what I just read McQuaid is the most likely to be traded. It is my strong belief that McAvoy, Carlo, Krug and Chara because of his age and NMC are the least likely to Traded

The thing about that is that trading McQuaid really isn't going to bring any immediate help to the team, what are they likely to get for him? McQuaid could be traded at some point, I agree with that, bur Krug is going to price himself out of Boston. 60 point D get paid. There is no 60 point D who has come up for a new contract in the last couple of years and make less than $8 million that I can think of. Even if he was to take a discounted contract to stay with the team, I can't see him signing for less than around $6.75 million on a long term deal and that's probably a long shot. He can get more than that.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Let me preface this thread with a heartfelt apology for another "D to Toronto" thread but this one has kind of been burning a hole in my brain so I'm over it.

I still really do not understand why Boston signed John Moore, but here we are. I think the talk that they might trade Krug is nuts. Nonetheless they have 8 roster D with Zboril potentially knocking on the door soon.

Carlo would be a good fit as a shut down D for TO that fits the age core, and I get there's absolutely no hurry to move him, but with him, McAvoy, Donato and Heinen needing new deals this summer and DeBrusk and Krug next it could get a little dicey even with Chara and McQuaid off the books.

Anything realistic get it done from Toronto?
How does signing a bottom pair LD make a 2nd pair RD expendable?

Look, I totally get that TOR needs a top 4 RD, and maybe one will be available, but teams aren't looking to simply make deals to help out the Toronto Maple Leafs with their needs. Boston trading Carlo makes them worse an would make RD their #1 need after doing the deal. And I'm not even a big Carlo fan.

Maybe what TOR fans should do is make a thread asking teams what RD's are available and starting from there. Otherwise it just becomes "Josh Manson to TOR" and "Trouba to TOR" and "Carlo to TOR" et al.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

Look, I totally get that TOR needs a top 4 RD, and maybe one will be available, but teams aren't looking to simply make deals to help out the Toronto Maple Leafs with their needs. Boston trading Carlo makes them worse an would make RD their #1 need after doing the deal. And I'm not even a big Carlo fan.

Maybe what TOR fans should do is make a thread asking teams what RD's are available and starting from there. Otherwise it just becomes "Josh Manson to TOR" and "Trouba to TOR" and "Carlo to TOR" et al.
Trust me when I say there is no collaboration to all these threads. There is no round-table where Leaf fans get together and discuss the weekly agenda for how many different threads we collectively post to draw the ire of the main boards. Just a bunch of folks posting threads who really couldn't be bothered on how it reflects on "TOR fans".

Fortunately, both the ignore thread and ignore poster features are active if it is that overbearing. I believe there was a general "What RD are available" thread, but it quickly/predictably devolved in something else entirely.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine

As you probably already know Tory Krug is our Power play Quarterback which is hard to find, when his contract is up in 2 year the Bruins will have 5 million coming of the Salary cap from buyouts and salary retained. He is a very important player on the Bruins and I’m sure they will make sure he is resigned before hitting the free agent market. Sorry to burst your bubble but the Bruins Top three D is set for a very long time.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
As you probably already know Tory Krug is our Power play Quarterback which is hard to find, when his contract is up in 2 year the Bruins will have 5 million coming of the Salary cap from buyouts and salary retained. He is a very important player on the Bruins and I’m sure they will make sure he is resigned before hitting the free agent market. Sorry to burst your bubble but the Bruins Top three D is set for a very long time.
I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to my post. I didn't mention Krug. I was talking about how signing Moore doesn't make Carlo expendable.

My bubble isn't burst because my bubble has nothing to do with anything you've written. It's like you read a completely different post. I suggest reading slower and maybe taking some lessons in Close Reading.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The Bruins have absolutely no reason to move Carlo, especially to a divisional rival, for a reasonable price so, no.
Is that really true.
The bruins are in an interesting place. The have a few aging players that they are finding replacements for, but they will have to make decisions next year for cap reasons. I understand the reluctance of moving Carlo but the contracts next year could get ugly. If Chara has another good year and Boston is competitive (no reason to see why they won't be), do you let him walk or do you sign him for another year? There will be tons of teams willing to sign him for a couple of years.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
McAvoy- Carlo sets Bostons RD for the next 10 years, no need to create more holes into the lineup.

Reactions: John Bruins

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Boston isn't trading us a player to solve our needs, unless they get a ransom in return. We aren't trading the asking back. Its not like picks or prospects will get this done. They want to go for it with Chara and Bergeron still around, while they develop McAvoy and Pastrnak to eventually take the reigns.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Is that really true.
The bruins are in an interesting place. The have a few aging players that they are finding replacements for, but they will have to make decisions next year for cap reasons. I understand the reluctance of moving Carlo but the contracts next year could get ugly. If Chara has another good year and Boston is competitive (no reason to see why they won't be), do you let him walk or do you sign him for another year? There will be tons of teams willing to sign him for a couple of years.

The Bruins aren’t going to resolve any supposed cap issues by dealing a RFA top 4 RHD. If push came to shove they would easily move on from a number of other players or even move Heinen for futures because for as good as he is(and will be if you think he will command big bucks) the Bruins are deeper at LW than RD and one of those things are much more difficult to acquire than the other.

Reactions: Pure

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
HelplessSatisfiedGroundhog

:sarcasm:

With that said, I'd be very interested in carlo from a Toronto pov.

Hard to put a value on though.

Excuse me if im wrong, but is that the "useless" Kapanen? :sarcasm:

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Dream on my fellow Leaf fans. We had our chance to draft him, at this point it would take an insane overpayment, just to get Boston's interest. Think Nylander, it would be similar to the Hall ~ Larsson trade.

Nice drafting Boston! Carlo in the second and McAvoy a mid first, now your set on RD for the next decade+.

Reactions: Grabner

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
How about this......

Dear fans of other teams, if you would be so kind, could you please list your top 4D....as well as the cost to acquire for the Leafs? We want them....all of them.

Reactions: KeonHorton

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Would never trade dermott for Carlo. Thats counterproductive. Johnsson neither.

Bracco? Brown? Prospect?

No, No, and No. We wouldn't want Dermott or Johnsson for him either. None of these pieces are doing anything for Boston. Dermott is a LHD, the spot we're already deep at. All these trades would do is strengthen Toronto at an area they need strengthening. A BOS/TOR trade for Carlo would hurt, so it's not happening.

I don't understand why this keeps coming up.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
While Carlo is rather underwhelming at this point of his career, there could still be more in him. And I'd imagine the last thing the Bruins would want to see is that showing up in a Leafs jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad