Player Discussion Carey Price - You're Richer Than You Think Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Try a little harder and I am sure you can find better example than Edmonton. Also, Edmonton as had terrible management
Edmonton has drafted well.

I know I`m replying to an old post but other than their 1st round picks (many of them 1st overall) EDM has drafted poorly.

Here is the list of guys they have drafted since the 2004 lockout in the 2nd round or later who managed to play at least 200 games.

2005 Chris Vandevelde 278 Gp 48 points most games with philly out of league
2006 Jeff Petry 609 GP ( more with Mtl than EDM)
2009 anton Lander 209 GP never a full NHL season in KHL
2010 Martin Marincin 201 GP journeyman D now with Leafs
2011 Tobias Reider 379 GP (drafted by edm but traded toArizona- signed as FA with oilers last year and scored 0 goals

So lots of years where their 2nd round pick was low 30s and still only managed to draft one regular NHLer in Petry after the 1st round since 2004.

They may well be the worst drafting team in the last 15 years when considering where they were drafting from (position)

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
more of an addition by subtraction situation. habs clear up cap space and get rid of an underachieving overpaid goaltender.

How is getting more cap space considered an addition when moving one of our best players? We've had an abundance of cap space for 3 years now and have been ass the entire time.

Getting even more of it doesnt make this team any better whatsoever. If Bergevin cant seem to make the team better with ~10m in cap space, you think he's going to make the team better with 20m?

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
How is getting more cap space considered an addition when moving one of our best players? We've had an abundance of cap space for 3 years now and have been ass the entire time.

Getting even more of it doesnt make this team any better whatsoever. If Bergevin cant seem to make the team better with ~10m in cap space, you think he's going to make the team better with 20m?

Easy. we plug in Kincaid as the starter and primeau as the backup. With that 10 million savings we go after hall and backstrom both UFA's in 2020. Chances are it would hurt short term and we'd have a top 5 pick next year. Not to say the team gets any better short term but it helps us escape mediocrity. Maybe we'll get a 2nd round pick in return for price if not we could cut him outright. Send weber packing while were at it

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Easy. we plug in Kincaid as the starter and primeau as the backup. With that 10 million savings we go after hall and backstrom both UFA's in 2020. Chances are it would hurt short term and we'd have a top 5 pick next year. Not to say the team gets any better short term but it helps us escape mediocrity. Maybe we'll get a 2nd round pick in return for price if not we could cut him outright. Send weber packing while were at it

And then what happens when Primeau can't cut it as a 21 years old NHL starter in 2021?

Reactions: Vachon23

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
If Primeau cant cut it we'll have to either trade or sign a new goalie. To be honest though I believe Primeau's legit and is going to be a fine NHL goalie. Maybe he'll actually be able to perform come playoff time something "the great" Carey Price was never able to do.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If Primeau cant cut it we'll have to either trade or sign a new goalie. To be honest though I believe Primeau's legit and is going to be a fine NHL goalie. Maybe he'll actually be able to perform come playoff time something "the great" Carey Price was never able to do.
Hopefully the Habs will have a real GM by the time Primeau gets his shot at playing in the NHL...Price and Primeau would both benefit with the team moving on from the clown GM we presently have.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm shocked people on the main poll board think both Gibson and Vasilievsky are better than Price. If Price had TB's team or Anaheim's defense, he would post God-like numbers. Price is the best goalie in the league - he showed it yet again last season.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm shocked people on the main poll board think both Gibson and Vasilievsky are better than Price. If Price had TB's team or Anaheim's defense, he would post God-like numbers. Price is the best goalie in the league - he showed it yet again last season.
Every single dman besides Weber, Petry, and Benn got sent down or cleared waivers. However, he definitely isn't the same goalie as his Hart trophy year.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Every single dman besides Weber, Petry, and Benn got sent down or cleared waivers. However, he definitely isn't the same goalie as his Hart trophy year.
Exactly. I agree with you that he isn't the same goalie, but I'm sure if he had a better defense in front of him it would motivate him to play even better (as well as help him). Price is relied upon too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad