Player Discussion Carey Price - You're Richer Than You Think Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ok, but I would rather have Price overpaid than say, Kevin Hayes ;)
I don't know what's going on with the UFAs this year. Karlsson was pricey but I would've been cool with that just like I'm fine paying Price. But when guys like Hayes start pulling in crazy money like that it's nuts.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Duchene and Panarin. Panarin I think makes 11+. Duchene might now ask for 10. We'll see I guess.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
We are in year 2 of his contract and he is already not overpaid by much , this is a bit encouraging.

Top class player the odds are against him in a 31 teams league but we might manage to make one or 2 decent runs before he declines too much.

Keep it up Carey you have made us proud today.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
We are in year 2 of his contract and he is already not overpaid by much , this is a bit encouraging.

Top class player the odds are against him in a 31 teams league but we might manage to make one or 2 decent runs before he declines too much.

Keep it up Carey you have made us proud today.
The way UFAs are getting paid, as long as Price doesn't decline too much within the next few years the deal wont be too bad. I'm intrigued to see what Bobrovsky signs for. If it's a long term deal at 8.5M+ then the Price contract doesn't look too bad.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The way UFAs are getting paid, as long as Price doesn't decline too much within the next few years the deal wont be too bad. I'm intrigued to see what Bobrovsky signs for. If it's a long term deal at 8.5M+ then the Price contract doesn't look too bad.
It'll be interesting to see what Bob gets. He hasn't been consistent and is coming off a poor year but he does have some great seasons in his past.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Price's salary will be normal in two-three years for elite goalies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
mfmebv5bbf531.png

3rd in voting for postseason all-star too

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Shades of Jean Beliveau. The legacy lives on. Thumbs up Carey!

Thats the first thing that crossed my mind last night. Jean Beliveau.
You guys, and hockey, are lucky to have him. All class.

Rivalries are good and all that but every now and then a special person/player transcends that bullshit.

*stick tap to Price*

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
mfmebv5bbf531.png

3rd in voting for postseason all-star too
I don't get how he's tied for 7th in Vezina voting and 3rd in AS votes. I also don't get how anyone could've voted for Fleury as high as they did in the Vezina voting.

People seem to treat the Vezina/Norris as if it's a Hart trophy in the sense that if the team doesn't make the playoffs then it should be held against the player. Doesn't make sense to me. It shouldn't be relevant for those awards.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't get how he's tied for 7th in Vezina voting and 3rd in AS votes. I also don't get how anyone could've voted for Fleury as high as they did in the Vezina voting.

People seem to treat the Vezina/Norris as if it's a Hart trophy in the sense that if the team doesn't make the playoffs then it should be held against the player. Doesn't make sense to me. It shouldn't be relevant for those awards.
Ridiculous that he wasnt in the top 5, let alone top 3.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I was cooking dinner and chopping onions when Price came in.

Yeah.

You can say anything about Price, his contract, his playoffs... But he has the class of the old Canadiens teams.

He's one of the most respected players in the league. All the more impressive when you think of his first few years here.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

GMs vote on Vezina and PHWA on the all-star teams. With such a small pool of voters for the Vezina, you get weird results sometimes, especially outside of the top-3.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Yeah.

You can say anything about Price, his contract, his playoffs... But he has the class of the old Canadiens teams.

He's one of the most respected players in the league. All the more impressive when you think of his first few years here.
It gets better.

Whitehead, who was at the event with his father, says he talked with the netminder for just over an hour after leaving the stage about “lots of random things” — and Price even gave him his number, saying “call me any time.”

Boy surprised by Carey Price at NHL Awards was in ‘absolute shock’

It would be easy to do that contrived skit for the show and mosey on, but Price hung around spending time with the young man, showing caring and compassion for a kid who is hurting.

Thumbs up, Carey. All class.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah.

He was forced to grow up fast. Acted like a kid when he entered, the market forced him mature fast or sink. Funny watching the media blow up him smoking cigarettes a decade ago to the family man he is now. Just shows how much people change in their 20’s.

Reactions: albator71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad