Carey Price to start the game tonight for the first time in 330 days

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
bCzlhQe.jpg

hehe

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
We finished one spot behind them without Price lol.

That's exactly the point. Without Price, the Habs are basically the same as the Senators. If you'd give the Habs Anderson for an entire year, I think they'd only finish with 85-90 points, right around where the Senators usually end up.

Jeez no Ottawa is a mess defensively.

That's a coaching issue, on paper the teams are about even if Price is out.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
That's exactly the point. Without Price, the Habs are basically the same as the Senators. If you'd give the Habs Anderson for an entire year, I think they'd only finish with 85-90 points, right around where the Senators usually end up.

And without Karlsson the Sens are far worse than the Canadiens. Are you shocked that taking away a team's best player makes them way worse?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
And without Karlsson the Sens are far worse than the Canadiens. Are you shocked that taking away a team's best player makes them way worse?

Too bad no one is talking about how good the Senators are and this discussion came from talking about how the Habs are an average team without Price.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Too bad no one is talking about how good the Senators are and this discussion came from talking about how the Habs are an average team without Price.

It's a stupid discussion though because the Habs aren't without Price.

Not to mention they kicked your team's ass without him last night.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Didn't have any trouble of disposing the reining Stanley Cup Champs last game without Price.:D

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's a stupid discussion though because the Habs aren't without Price.

Not to mention they kicked your team's ass without him last night.

Didn't have any trouble of disposing the reining Stanley Cup Champs last game without Price.:D

Oh, I didn't realize that 1 game determines anything and I didn't realize that the Pens had Crosby or Murray yesterday. Good to know. That's also not relevant to the fact that the Habs aren't that good of a team without Price, which was the original discussion. If you think that's a dumb discussion, why even participate in it?

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Oh, I didn't realize that 1 game determines anything and I didn't realize that the Pens had Crosby or Murray yesterday. Good to know. That's also not relevant to the fact that the Habs aren't that good of a team without Price, which was the original discussion. If you think that's a dumb discussion, why even participate in it?

Actually the original topic is Price to start tonight.Than it got hi-jacked into a Habs aren't that good of a team without Price.
Also...

Al Montoya, G MTL 3 2 0 1 1.30 GA .962 SA%;)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

ironymeter2.gif

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Seems that the Pens aren't that good of a team without Crosby. They did get beat by a team that you consider not that good.:popcorn:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The difference is the Pens don't fall to 8th worst in the league when Crosby is out, unlike the Habs when Price is out.

Seems that the Pens aren't that good of a team without Crosby. They did get beat by a team that you consider not that good.:popcorn:

And the Leafs beat the Blackhawks in the year the Hawks won the Stanley Cup. What exactly does that prove?

Again, 1 game results really prove nothing. What actually happened is that the Habs were the 8th worst team in hockey last year without Price and they didn't become that much better over the offseason.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
The difference is the Pens don't fall to 8th worst in the league when Crosby is out, unlike the Habs when Price is out.

And the Leafs beat the Blackhawks in the year the Hawks won the Stanley Cup. What exactly does that prove?

Again, 1 game results really prove nothing. What actually happened is that the Habs were the 8th worst team in hockey last year without Price and they didn't become that much better over the offseason.

Price and Gallager for 29 games and Subban for 14 games and Petry for 31 games all while have an AHL goalie in net for the season.:popcorn:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Price and Gallager for 29 games and Subban for 14 games and Petry for 31 games all while have an AHL goalie in net for the season.:popcorn:

And not including Price, with those guys being healthy takes them from 8th worst to middle of the pack. Which is what I've been saying from the beginning. With Price, they're probably 3rd best in the Atlantic, right behind the Panthers and Lightning. Without him, they're just an average team.

This really isn't the thread for this, so I'm going to stop derailing this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad