Carey Price to start the game tonight for the first time in 330 days

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Impossible to quantify to such a thing. :) and it is so many, not so much.

That second "to" in your first sentence is entirely unnecessary. If you're going to be a dick about grammar, maybe you should check your own post first.

Also, putting an extremely subjective "X>Y" in your post and then saying you proved anything is laughable at best.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Remember the game in Edmonton last year? He stepped on the puck in warm-up and it essentially killed his season.

So there's still time for him to get injured before the puck drops.

Obviously, I'm talking with tongue in cheek, but it's really baffling when you look at his career overall. He doesnt get the injury prone label but he's only finished one season since 2011 where he was healthy. That just happened to be his MVP year.

Even before 2011, he had a significant injury in 2009, which set him back. He only joined the NHL in late 2008.

I mean, it's pretty frustrating when you enter the playoffs and you can't have your top guy in net when the chips are down, time and time again.

I just read today that his season ending injury was totally unrelated to what happened in Edmonton.

Edmonton was his groin, he injured his MCL against the rangers.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
A lot of people in denial ITT.

Carey is the best hockey player in the world. No other active player can bring a mediocre team to the top of his conference on his own. Prove me wrong.

Lundqvist carried the Rangers last year with a little help from Zucc and Raanta

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Montoya pitches a shutout and you bring in Price who is 8 pounds underweight?

Seems like the perfect excuse to let him rest a bit longer.

I think whatever amount of pounds he dropped add back up pretty quick. He was well enough that he was a part of the pre game ceremonies on Tuesday. So he's presumably had a minimum of two days where he is flu free.

Tuesday might have been the day where they were at the stage you are talking about. I think it was more about energy level at that point than the flu itself.

I don't think they would be starting him at all if they doubted his energy level tonight.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Montoya pitches a shutout and you bring in Price who is 8 pounds underweight?

Seems like the perfect excuse to let him rest a bit longer.

Actually this is the perfect game to bring him back. At home against the Coyotes isn't too intense.

Makes more sense than bringing him back on Saturday in Boston for his first game.

Plus if your franchise player is ready to go you play him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Carey is the best hockey player in the world. No other active player can bring a mediocre team to the top of his conference on his own. Prove me wrong.

That's funny, I remember when a Habs fan got ultra defensive when I called the Habs "a mediocre team with an elite goalie".

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
That's funny, I remember when a Habs fan got ultra defensive when I called the Habs "a mediocre team with an elite goalie".

Why would it matter? Why associate me with an entirely different person? You were right when you said this.

We'll see for this year.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
bCzlhQe.jpg

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
its a shame that CI is only giving us the Arizona feed.

really gripes me that on nights with full schedules and only room for one feed of a game they will pick the american feed over canadian no matter home or away.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

That's rigid and unique criteria so that no one could. Erik Karlsson made the worst team in the league a bubble team; doesn't fit your criteria. Patrick Kane carried a mediocre Blackhawks team (and won the Hart trophy for it) but since the Central division is much, much tougher, it doesn't fit your criteria. Not to mention someone like Crosby who doesn't count apparently just because he's on a good team. A team losing their best player for that long is uncommon.

Last edited:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Coyotes don't even have a shot on goal 6 minutes in. Should be an easy shutout for the Price man in his return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad