Player Discussion Carey Price - The Price Is Right? *Mod warning post 1284*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
wtf are you talking about

this post makes absolutely zero sense... so Price is the one to blame for Montoya getting annihilated?

i feel dumber after having read it

Huh wtf? Thats really not what i said.

And i dont feel like going in to details for you.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
You've defended MB non stop. The fact is that this team probably would've missed the playoffs in most seasons with just average goaltending. Carey Price is the only reason this team went as far as it did.

And yet, you didn't want to credit the guy who had bottom third teams everywhere for us making the playoffs and having 100 point seasons. And now that he's struggling, he's supposedly the only reason we aren't winning... Nevermind the fact that we still can't score.

Price is playing like crap right now. Nobody denies this. But to try to argue that he hasn't been great for the past several years is revisionist nonsense.

I didn't argue he hasn't been great, I said that in the grand scheme of things would it made a difference? Like you said Price is the only reason we went as far as we did. Ok so take Price off the team and whats the difference? No 3rd round 1 year? No 100 point season? Probably better off to miss the playoffs and bottom out the last few years its not like we won a few cups or made an SCF with Price.

Price has been a great RS goaltender he isn't good this year. He carried bottom third teams everywhere, but now we are 3rd in corsi, 4th in shots, and 10th in SA he is putting up his worst season ever. I hope he plays better since he is on my team and I will root for him to turn it around.

But with hindsight if we could of managed to snag a Grioux or Carter or other top C over Eller I would of made the trade. Of course with hindsight.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
Then the heat he receives from fans and media is well deserved.

He's the main reason why the team is looking like a lottery team right now. Watch your words. He's last in the league for stats, yet is being paid the most - the two don't correlate. She'll we agree matey?
Never said he wasn't but that still doesn't mean that he ows something or that he should've be grateful and just zip it If there is something wrong with management. Price is playing bad, agreed, but that doesn't mean that he ows something cause of the contract.

AnctilNDG

Oct 20, 2017
NDG
You’ve said this a hundred times, a hundred different ways. I’m done responding to it. I’ve already told you how I feel about Price in the playoffs. He may not be carrying this team by himself to any cups, but if a team can’t win getting .930 goaltending like they got last year, they aren’t going to be winning many series, let alone cups.

Hes so good .930 but wait lundqvist played better

thats why we lost... super defensive series stats are tweaked

lundqvist had better S% than price 5/6 and overall in series

MTL outshot NYR 206-179 + 27 shots in 6 games

Advanced stats out of 16 (min 4 games)
HDS% 14th (only bob out in 5 and craw out in 4 did worst)
MDS% 3rd
LDS% 3rd
GSAA 10th
Average 7.5th

Mtl vs NYR = best goalie win series, price was average compared to 16 other starters (7.5/16), so we wont win because he was average team still outshot opponent usually the best goalie wins the series in defensive battles period, even tho you want to blame the team... no team goes far with an average goalie that cant stop high danger shots...so yes its price fault he never got anywhere in the playoffs, just that one year in hamilton...1/15

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Never said he wasn't but that still doesn't mean that he ows something or that he should've be grateful and just zip it If there is something wrong with management. Price is playing bad, agreed, but that doesn't mean that he ows something cause of the contract.

Yes, yes he does owe something. In anything in life when you sign a big contract results are expected, this isn't a charity.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
Yes, yes he does owe something. In anything in life when you sign a big contract results are expected, this isn't a charity.
Getting paid to work and ow are two different things. And no one forced MB to play that amount. Let's just face it. Signing a guy to that kinda deal is a gamble. Carey doesn't ow anything. There are expectations but no there is no debt.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Hes so good .930 but wait lundqvist played better

thats why we lost... super defensive series stats are tweaked

lundqvist had better S% than price 5/6 and overall in series

MTL outshot NYR 206-179 + 27 shots in 6 games

Advanced stats out of 16 (min 4 games)
HDS% 14th (only bob out in 5 and craw out in 4 did worst)
MDS% 3rd
LDS% 3rd
GSAA 10th
Average 7.5th

Mtl vs NYR = best goalie win series, price was average compared to 16 other starters (7.5/16), so we wont win because he was average team still outshot opponent usually the best goalie wins the series in defensive battles period, even tho you want to blame the team... no team goes far with an average goalie that cant stop high danger shots...so yes its price fault he never got anywhere in the playoffs, just that one year in hamilton...1/15

The part of “Price’s the reason he never got anywhere” is non sense. He gave up 11 goals. There’s no excuse for 10 by us. I’ll admit you got me with an arguement for the first time.

Last edited:

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
You're choosing to interpret Price's statement in a way that only fits a very specific agenda, one which you obviously share.

Even a partially open minded person can clearly comprehend that this is no condemnation of PK, in any way. It's merely Price making a neutral statement which is basically aping the team's motivation/excuse. There clearly is no bias either way in what he said.

By all reports and observations, Price and Subban are friendly. We've all seen posts like yours before, and they're just as reliable as similar ones by an infamous poster on Twitter who also intentionally twists the truth in every tweet, on every day.

And so are you, you don't what went on behind close doors, or who really wanted who out. Were you there? Were you in the discussions? No and no to my answers, so don't speculate.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017

And like I said, if he wants to have a poor attitude after just signing a huge contract, then he will rightfully take the blame if he can't live up to it, either through his play and behaviour, or both.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
And like I said, if he wants to have a poor attitude after just signing a huge contract, then he will rightfully take the blame if he can't live up to it, either through his play and behaviour, or both.
His contract has nothing to do with this. If you are hired to lead a company to better sales but you figure the company ain't going anywhere do you just sit silently or do voice the problems for greater good?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
His contract has nothing to do with this. If you are hired to lead a company to better sales but you figure the company ain't going anywhere do you just sit silently or do voice the problems for greater good?
Now he's a martyr for the greater good of the team?

The best way he can help the team is to stop pucks.

Reactions: Habs Icing

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
And so are you, you don't what went on behind close doors, or who really wanted who out. Were you there? Were you in the discussions? No and no to my answers, so don't speculate.

What I'm discussing is what you're using for "evidence". The quote you offer in no way implies in any way that Price dislikes Subban. No reasonable person could glean that from what Price said.

It's clearly wishful thinking on your part and absolutely nothing else. I'm not interpreting that quote; I'm using that quote as it was literally spoken.

Your interpetation is pure fantasy. The burden of proof is on you. Good luck finding some.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017

Your analogy couldn't be more out of touch. He's not hired to run/lead a company. He's paid to do one thing, stop pucks, nothing more or less. He's not paid to be the GM, nor the coach, nor the radio host critique. His contract has everything to do with it. He is being paid to perform as the best goalie in the league, yet he somehow has the worst stats. And if, you want to go in the direction directing a company, usually if a CEO performs absolutely terrible, the shareholders will have him out on his a** in no-time.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
What I'm discussing is what you're using for "evidence". The quote you offer in no way implies in any way that Price dislikes Subban. No reasonable person could glean that from what Price said.

It's clearly wishful thinking on your part and absolutely nothing else. I'm not interpreting that quote; I'm using that quote as it was literally spoken.

Your interpetation is pure fantasy. The burden of proof is on you. Good luck finding some.

The quote also in no way implies that him and Subban are buddies as you suggested, because apparently, you're the third wheel in their friendship, and have an inside scoop. You were most definitely interpreting the quote in terms of your bias, by once again, suggesting that him and Price are good friends.

If anything, the quote implies exactly one thing, that Price acknowledged that "Subban did not fit in their system", otherwise, he would not have said it.

AnctilNDG

Oct 20, 2017
NDG
The part of “Price’s the reason he never got anywhere” is non sense. He gave up 11 goals. There’s no excuse for 10 by us. I’ll admit you got me with an arguement for the first time.
Price playoffs career
2003 - 906 2.43
2005 - 896 2.38
2006 - 911 2.93

2007 901 2.78
2008 878 3.56
2009 890 3.56
2012 894 3.26
2014 3rd round 4goals/20shots/injured
2015 2nd round 896 2.89

As you can see 8/12 price didnt post good enough numbers to give his team a chance so he is responsible for his lack of success...other series he posted good numbers but was outplayed when we lost by opposing goalie...why would he become good all of the suden after 15years of mediocreness ???

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Price playoffs career
2003 - 906 2.43
2005 - 896 2.38
2006 - 911 2.93

2007 901 2.78
2008 878 3.56
2009 890 3.56
2012 894 3.26
2015 2nd round 896 2.89

As you can see 8/12 price didnt post good enough numbers to give his team a chance so he is responsible for his lack of success...other series he posted good numbers but was outplayed when we lost by opposing goalie...why would he become good all of the suden after 15years of mediocreness ???

How many times have we gone over the playoffs? You will spin in circles over and over if I don’t stop you so let me put an end to the madness like I did with Genesis and say last response to you.

Reactions: Peanut

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
How many times have we gone over the playoffs? You will spin in circles over and over if I don’t stop you so let me put an end to the madness like I did with Genesis and say last response to you.

Dude, you should prob just stop coming here if you dont want to face the truth

Reactions: AnctilNDG

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Price playoffs career
2003 - 906 2.43
2005 - 896 2.38
2006 - 911 2.93

2007 901 2.78
2008 878 3.56
2009 890 3.56
2012 894 3.26
2015 2nd round 896 2.89

Yeah ok we get it Halak > Price

I remember that same AnctilNDG username back after the trade happened. And then you suddenly happen to comeback at this time? It's not a coincidence, you're just taking advantage of his poor play to bash him, the same way you did 6 years ago

Dude, just go back to the hole you crawled out of

Reactions: Peanut

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I remember that same AnctilNDG username back after the trade happened. And then you suddenly happen to comeback at this time? It's not a coincidence, you're just taking advantage of his poor play to bash him, the same way you did 6 years ago

What amazes me is the amount of time these guys wait to come out. They were out in full force last year. Price starts lighting up the league again the final 20+ games to end the year after Therrien was fired, they were no existent until we lost against New York.

Reactions: Peanut and Andrei79

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So it sounds like MB released the news that Price has a knee injury. I guess Habs didn't like everyone second guessing the 'injury' news. If true, I can't see Price playing through his 8 year contract. His knees are going to go before that. I imagine it's the same knee too - the one where he missed the whole year on a couple of years ago, the right, I believe. The one Kreider took out.

Oh well, there's always LTIR.

AnctilNDG

Oct 20, 2017
NDG

Tell me when you remember an actual argument cause attacking me sure doesnt make prices stats look better...poor price I take advantage of him...lol..you priceheads are hilarious ! you guys keep bringning halak back lolz, he stole two series with a 8th seed, beating defending champs and president trophy winner, price never stole a series maybe a game every 5 years...in the end we remember winners

Reactions: Da Grinder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad