Player Discussion Carey Price - The Price Is Right? *Mod warning post 1284*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Do you like peanuts or peenuts ?
...ops this is the price thread...maybe you can find me in the:
Does anctilndg like toews or malkin thread !

If you don’t understand why I’m asking you about Toews and Malkin after posting Price team stats you win sir lol

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You keep posting opinions with No basis to them, no stats no nothing... just beliefs

I gave you multiple posts with stats on them pages back and you keep coming back and saying “you give no stats.” We’re way past the stats at this point and there’s nothing more for you and I to discuss.

AnctilNDG

Oct 20, 2017
NDG
I’m not trying to make a Price vs Crosby arguement. Not at all. I take Crosby on my team 10/10 times if given the choice between the two. I’ll tell you this again because you don’t get it but this will be the last time. The only reason I brought him up was to show that just because you aren’t consistently the #1 of every statistical category doesn’t mean you can’t be labelled the best at your position. You’ve been going on forever about how Price being the best goalie in the league is a joke, etc. Price has consistently been near the top for a long stretch. And stats that you’ve provided yourself show that. You want to blame Price solely for this teams playoff failures and let everyone else off the hook.
Advanced stats put playoffs price worst in league after bryz fleury and niemi since 2007. A team will never win with a sub 900 goalie (2014-2015 at his peak become garbage) in the playoffs, wake up to reality

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He keeps saying Price fans, but what he doesn’t realize is he’s on a Habs board and Price is the starting goalie of this team.

People keep saying MB defenders, but what they don't realize is MB is the GM of this team. It's interesting how perspectives shifts depending on the opinion people tend to have at any given time.

AnctilNDG

Oct 20, 2017
NDG
Price was the best in 2014-2015, best goalie in the world, intimidates opposing teams, so dominating, best against HDS and then...playoffs...sub 900 eliminated 2nd overall habs get outplayed by anderson 1st round and bishop 2nd

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Advanced stats put playoffs price worst in league after bryz fleury and niemi since 2007. A team will never win with a sub 900 goalie (2014-2015 at his peak become garbage) in the playoffs, wake up to reality

You’ve said this a hundred times, a hundred different ways. I’m done responding to it. I’ve already told you how I feel about Price in the playoffs. He may not be carrying this team by himself to any cups, but if a team can’t win getting .930 goaltending like they got last year, they aren’t going to be winning many series, let alone cups.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
People keep saying MB defenders, but what they don't realize is MB is the GM of this team. It's interesting how perspectives shifts depending on the opinion people tend to have at any given time.

Bergevin has and never will be a bright spot of this organization. He’ll always be a dark hole. Where is the comparison?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I didnt take you seriously dont worry, I only consider arguments all in all I find this quite inteesting

I am actually doing a peer review base stage analysis of beliefs and reality distortion cognitive dysfunction caused by blind faith

We find a group a believers (ex: creationist) and confront them with facts about their belief and see and note how they invent and distort reality to keep their belief intact.

We found that price fan were a great example of how far one may go to retains his or hers beliefs.

With all the evidence the reactions here go well beyond anything we could have imagined.

This is really the gold mine for our research team and weve abandoned all the other areas were the followers were deemed too logical in the end

Price fans are the best in the world at being blinded by ones beliefs and we have made enormous strides thank to them into understanding the world distrotion capabilities of the human brain, its actually quite fascinating

If true, it's interesting.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Son now people cant talk about having doubts on Price Being the God savior of Habs land without being labeled a traitor to the Gospel of Molson's holy book of thruths? Yes, hockey has been turned in the new religion, for the bad, around here. I like Price when he's good but he's never been bigger than what he brings on the ice. If he keeps that pace he'll be the new Theo, and rightfully.

It's because it would be the first time that Frank goes the other way, that's why I wrote it. You are into extremes a tad here.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Just pointing out the logical inconsistency with your argument, not comparing the 2.

It’s not an inconsistency at all. Your comparing the best player on our team whose played very well for this team to a manager who hasn’t done very well. But we can’t go into that in this thread. I’d love to hear what your perspective of what Bergy’s done that’s made this team better over the years tho.

Reactions: Peanut

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
What the f dude? Getting a big contract to play doesn't mean you are in debt somehow. You can still be pissed. You don't ow it to anyone that you were the sole reason that this team isn't a lottery team and you got paid for it. The team takes a chance. You ow them or fans nothing!

Then the heat he receives from fans and media is well deserved.

He's the main reason why the team is looking like a lottery team right now. Watch your words. He's last in the league for stats, yet is being paid the most - the two don't correlate. She'll we agree matey?

Last edited:

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
You’re speculating on Price’s motives in regards to PK. He did say PK didn’t fit into the system the Habs wanted, but this wasn’t a slam on PK himself. Price’s best season numbers were with PK in front of him. The year the management had enough and shipped PK out, Price wasn’t even playing and doubt he hung out in the dressing room day in and out. Add to this, they are like BFFs...

As for your statements about being annoyed with himself, I am sure he is. It’s not his personality to go on a rant in the dressing room saying it isn’t his job to score goals. I am sure he wants to win, and no doubt he knows his performance is linked to the team’s success.

By no means am I giving Price a free pass. He hasn’t played well at all, and even though I think a lot of goals this year were of the no chance variety, I also feel he’s cost us at least 4 points this season. When we weren’t scoring, he wasn’t stealing games, and now that we are scoring, he is still struggling.

Given his history, I am going to trust and believe he is truly hurt. Whether it’s a lower body, or his feelings, he’s clearly not 100%. I mean, he was MVP a couple years ago and had a decent season last year. It’s unexpected and doubtful he’d suddenly fall off a cliff like this.

Yeah, he needs to be better for sure. However, the team’s success, his new contract extension, this is ALL on the management. This is what happens when they build their team around the goalie. Goalie struggles, we either lose or have to just play run and gun and hope to outscore the opponent. NYR and OTT I believe are more the outliers than the norm, so we are going to need our goaltending to get back up to speed.

End of the day, the team is all about Price. IF he doesn’t turn it around, we miss the playoffs. Point finale.

[MOD] The article quotes Price word for word, "PK did not fit into Canadiens system".

BFF's? Now whose the one speculation like a high school cheerleader here?

carey-price-says-p-k-subban-simply-didnt-fit-into-canadiens-system

Last edited by a moderator:

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
You’ve said this a hundred times, a hundred different ways. I’m done responding to it. I’ve already told you how I feel about Price in the playoffs. He may not be carrying this team by himself to any cups, but if a team can’t win getting .930 goaltending like they got last year, they aren’t going to be winning many series, let alone cups.

Now everyone thinks the Advance stat are the only this to gauge on. NOT

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Don't make up things. Price said himself, PK didn't fit into Habs system, so perhaps and very likely, he was one of the guys who wanted PK gone.
He was as diplomatic as he could be. I don't know what Price's relationship was with PK vs Weber but Price basically described the situation here. He was traded because the team (ie Therrien) did not like his style of play.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You'd have to be a special type of fan to wait 7 years to try to be right about something you were, and still are, wrong about.
Yep.

There are two or three accounts with about 80 posts to their credit who've been dormant since around 2010... and now they're here in full force.

But you know, we should've kept Halak...

Reactions: Andrei79 and Peanut

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Yep.

There are two or three accounts with about 80 posts to their credit who've been dormant since around 2010... and now they're here in full force.

But you know, we should've kept Halak...

I'm not saying we should of kept Halak, but lets say somehow we could of traded Price for Carter or Giroux rather than trading Halak for Eller.

In the grand scheme of things would the team had been any worse off or different without Price? Take away Price and the team doesn't get 100 points seasons the last 6 years and doesn't go to the ECF. Not much of a change and its possible those things still happen with a different goalie. Or better yet when MB comes in the team tanks for 3 years and we have Nate/Ekbald on the team and MB was recently fired for not making the playoffs for 3 years in a row.

Reactions: AnctilNDG

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
There's no speculation. Are you incapable of reading? The article quotes Price word for word, "PK did not fit into Canadiens system".

BFF's? Now whose the one speculation like a high school cheerleader here?

carey-price-says-p-k-subban-simply-didnt-fit-into-canadiens-system

You're choosing to interpret Price's statement in a way that only fits a very specific agenda, one which you obviously share.

Even a partially open minded person can clearly comprehend that this is no condemnation of PK, in any way. It's merely Price making a neutral statement which is basically aping the team's motivation/excuse. There clearly is no bias either way in what he said.

By all reports and observations, Price and Subban are friendly. We've all seen posts like yours before, and they're just as reliable as similar ones by an infamous poster on Twitter who also intentionally twists the truth in every tweet, on every day.

Reactions: sandviper

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm not saying we should of kept Halak, but lets say somehow we could of traded Price for Carter or Giroux rather than trading Halak for Eller.

In the grand scheme of things would the team had been any worse off or different without Price? Take away Price and the team doesn't get 100 points seasons the last 6 years and doesn't go to the ECF. Not much of a change and its possible those things still happen with a different goalie. Or better yet when MB comes in the team tanks for 3 years and we have Nate/Ekbald on the team and MB was recently fired for not making the playoffs for 3 years in a row.
You've defended MB non stop. The fact is that this team probably would've missed the playoffs in most seasons with just average goaltending. Carey Price is the only reason this team went as far as it did.

And yet, you didn't want to credit the guy who had bottom third teams everywhere for us making the playoffs and having 100 point seasons. And now that he's struggling, he's supposedly the only reason we aren't winning... Nevermind the fact that we still can't score.

Price is playing like crap right now. Nobody denies this. But to try to argue that he hasn't been great for the past several years is revisionist nonsense.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
You've defended MB non stop. The fact is that this team probably would've missed the playoffs in most seasons with just average goaltending. Carey Price is the only reason this team went as far as it did.

And yet, you didn't want to credit the guy who had bottom third teams everywhere for us making the playoffs and having 100 point seasons. And now that he's struggling, he's supposedly the only reason we aren't winning... Nevermind the fact that we still can't score.

Price is playing like crap right now. Nobody denies this. But to try to argue that he hasn't been great for the past several years is revisionist nonsense.

Oh please with this narrative.

Any good goalie would have done just as good in montreal.... have you forgoten Huet? Do you not remember how amazing he was?
Why dont you just admit it for once here in mtl we went above and beyond to destroy our backup goalies confidence in order to protect and Boost carry's.

Who the f*** lets a backup goalie get annihilated 10-0?

Only in mtl with Price

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Oh please with this narrative.

Any good goalie would have done just as good in montreal.... have you forgoten Huet? Do you not remember how amazing he was?
Why dont you just admit it for once here in mtl we went above and beyond to destroy our backup goalies confidence in order to protect and Boost carry's.

Who the **** lets a backup goalie get annihilated 10-0?

Only in mtl with Price
wtf are you talking about

this post makes absolutely zero sense... so Price is the one to blame for Montoya getting annihilated?

i feel dumber after having read it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad