Player Discussion Carey Price - The Price Is Right? *Mod warning post 1284*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Tell me when you remember an actual argument cause attacking me sure doesnt make prices stats look better...poor price I take advantage of him...lol..you priceheads are hilarious ! you guys keep bringning halak back lolz, he stole two series with a 8th seed, beating defending champs and president trophy winner, price never stole a series maybe a game every 5 years...in the end we remember winners
Nobody is going to remember Price's 3 trophy year?

Reactions: Michelangelo

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
A lot of people hard on Price. He needs to be better, period. Let’s hope, if he’s not seriously injured, he ups his game. A confident and sharp Price would do wonders for this team.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Jim Carey (Actor) is the only reason why any one remembers Jim Carey (goalie). Not because of his Vezina or his compagny OptiMED.

Price will be remembered as the most overpaid goalie of all time.

I wonder if MTL can sue him if he plays like this for the rest of his career.

people will chose to remember whatever they want, you'll keep hating CP.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
Your analogy couldn't be more out of touch. He's not hired to run/lead a company. He's paid to do one thing, stop pucks, nothing more or less. He's not paid to be the GM, nor the coach, nor the radio host critique. His contract has everything to do with it. He is being paid to perform as the best goalie in the league, yet he somehow has the worst stats. And if, you want to go in the direction directing a company, usually if a CEO performs absolutely terrible, the shareholders will have him out on his a** in no-time.
But you are expecting him to carry this lame excuse of a team and hide all the flaws the GM has introduced. So basically you are expecting him to get us the cup on his own but newsflash it is the rest of the team that needs to win it. Just outscore the opponent and you'll win 10/10. The hidious contract is on the imcompotent GM not the employee.

Reactions: BLONG7

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
But you are expecting him to carry this lame excuse of a team and hide all the flaws the GM has introduced. So basically you are expecting him to get us the cup on his own but newsflash it is the rest of the team that needs to win it. Just outscore the opponent and you'll win 10/10. The hidious contract is on the imcompotent GM not the employee.

Leadership on the ice is the only flaw of this team and Price is the worst at it when things dont swing his way.

Reactions: AnctilNDG

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017

We’re expecting him to be better than last place amongst goalies league wide. It’s not much to ask for considering he’s getting big bucks. And yeah, at 10.5M, he’s expected to carry the team. He’s getting superstar money, and superstars carry their teams. In life, everything pro has its con. He signed a hefty contract, with the most storied franchise, it’s only normal that he will be criticized heavily if he can’t live up to his contract.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
We’re expecting him to be better than last place amongst goalies league wide. It’s not much to ask for considering he’s getting big bucks. And yeah, at 10.5M, he’s expected to carry the team. He’s getting superstar money, and superstars carry their teams. In life, everything pro has its con. He signed a hefty contract, with the most storied franchise, it’s only normal that he will be criticized heavily if he can’t live up to his contract.

people should get over it, I mean, if you're under 40 chances are you don't remember Habs last Cup (live obviously)...

so yeah, storied... what story ? the last 25 years of mediocrity ? or all those dynasty years you didnt see cause you werent born yet ? ?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Price went in a funk last year also. Around time Therrein was fired. Started season like a Vezina winner, stunk out the joint from Christmas to late-February, then turned it around overnight.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So Last is average now?
The Habs are last............Price has been pretty average...do you remember, the season he was 10-2 and got hurt, and we were then an AHL team, and collapsed...he has covered over alot of our poor performances, for years...it seems people have very selective memories, when it serves, their agenda.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
His contract kicks in next season, he's still at 6.5 - only 500k more than Plekanec

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The Habs are last............Price has been pretty average...do you remember, the season he was 10-2 and got hurt, and we were then an AHL team, and collapsed...he has covered over alot of our poor performances, for years...it seems people have very selective memories, when it serves, their agenda.

Price has not been average he has been horrible that's the point. He is one of the biggest reasons the habs are in last. He was a huge part of the team success but if its a team game this season when Price is tanking it then maybe he didn't cover everything on his own and maybe the performances of those teams weren't so poor.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Price has not been average he has been horrible that's the point. He is one of the biggest reasons the habs are in last. He was a huge part of the team success but if its a team game this season when Price is tanking it then maybe he didn't cover everything on his own and maybe the performances of those teams weren't so poor.
Wow, just wow...guess we will agree to disagree...I have always wondered, how many on here, watch the games, or just look at the results...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Wow, just wow...guess we will agree to disagree...I have always wondered, how many on here, watch the games, or just look at the results...

I don't know how you can say Price has been average.

The team in front of him has played way above average. 7th least shots and tied for 2nd least HDCA, high danger chances you know the best scoring chances. What more can he team in front of Price do? Allow 10 shots a game from the point only? Goalies are paid to stop the puck and at some point the goalie has to do his job. If the team infront of you is limiting shots and the most dangerous shots they are doing their job. Price putting up a sub .890 is not doing his job and his extremely far from average. Those are ECHL level numbers.

With all the negativity, I still think Price will turn it around and pull one of his patented streaks where he posts a .960 and 1.25 GAA. Price's career isn't finished, he just started the season like crap. When its your franchise player doing that it compounds the situation. and before anyone says it yes Max deserves crap to for those first 8 games where he had 1 goal. Both of them played like crap and the team had a crap record. Your stars need to play like stars for the team to win.

Reactions: eurodin

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I heard Therrien had some words to say on Price and Waite last night that I missed? Does anyone know what was said?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't know how you can say Price has been average.

The team in front of him has played way above average. 7th least shots and tied for 2nd least HDCA, high danger chances you know the best scoring chances. What more can he team in front of Price do? Allow 10 shots a game from the point only? Goalies are paid to stop the puck and at some point the goalie has to do his job. If the team infront of you is limiting shots and the most dangerous shots they are doing their job. Price putting up a sub .890 is not doing his job and his extremely far from average. Those are ECHL level numbers.

With all the negativity, I still think Price will turn it around and pull one of his patented streaks where he posts a .960 and 1.25 GAA. Price's career isn't finished, he just started the season like crap. When its your franchise player doing that it compounds the situation. and before anyone says it yes Max deserves crap to for those first 8 games where he had 1 goal. Both of them played like crap and the team had a crap record. Your stars need to play like stars for the team to win.
Our Dman corps is awful, and we have a popgun offence, that shoots from the outside most nights...Price has not been Price, but we have way bigger concerns on this team............and I do agree he will come out of this funk, but will our horrid D unit?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Our Dman corps is awful, and we have a popgun offence, that shoots from the outside most nights...Price has not been Price, but we have way bigger concerns on this team............and I do agree he will come out of this funk, but will our horrid D unit?

Stats don't point it out, you are looking at it through the lens you have from the summer that the D is horrible.

7th fewest shots, 3rd fewest dangerous shots. What more can the D do? I guess the other team should never touch the puck all game.

Shoots from the outside? 4th most shots from the dangerous areas. How can we be shooting from the outside if we have the 4th most shots from the dangerous areas?

The D isn't in a funk they are doing their job!

Price is not. When you allow the 3rd least dangerous shots at some point your goalie has to actually make saves. Once Price gets out of his funk the GA will drop like stone.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

Price's contract is an abomination. I know we have other issues to fix on this team.

But paying 10.5 freakin millions starting next year for 8 years to a goaltender posting junior level stats has to be a big concern.

IMO Price contract is the nail in the coffin for the habs

Reactions: AnctilNDG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad