Player Discussion Carey Price - The Non All-Star Edition

Will Price Ask for trade before end of season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
LOL @ people even entertaining that Halak is anywhere near Carey Price

Price > Halak with me but I will always wonder who we would have gotten in a trade with Price instead of moving Halak. If that happened, I wonder where we would be today

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Price < Halak with me but I will always wonder who we would have gotten in a trade with Price instead of moving Halak. If that happened, I wonder where we would be today
We are an AHL team without Price, now that being said, we could have drafted higher if he had been the one to go not Halak. It's impossible to know...the Habs organization for the last 10 years really has no clue on what they are doing. This is why you should never challenge worse!!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We are an AHL team without Price, now that being said, we could have drafted higher if he had been the one to go not Halak. It's impossible to know...the Habs organization for the last 10 years really has no clue on what they are doing. This is why you should never challenge worse!!

I had the greater sign backwards... just noticed that.

Reactions: BLONG7

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Price > Halak with me but I will always wonder who we would have gotten in a trade with Price instead of moving Halak. If that happened, I wonder where we would be today
yea would of received a bigger offer for Price for sure,not only that but higher draft picks also so possible our team would be better if we sticked with Jaro

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
yea would of received a bigger offer for Price for sure,not only that but higher draft picks also so possible our team would be better if we sticked with Jaro

Well... in trade for Halak Habs got a Stanley Cup winning goal scorer... mind you, that orange shite gibbon therrien (borrowing this from someone else) thought Eller was nothing more than a bench warmer who needed to be made an example of after every shift. But if Habs had a decent coach, that return for Halak would have and still could be paying off for Habs.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well... in trade for Halak Habs got a Stanley Cup winning goal scorer... mind you, that orange shite gibbon therrien (borrowing this from someone else) thought Eller was nothing more than a bench warmer who needed to be made an example of after every shift. But if Habs had a decent coach, that return for Halak would have and still could be paying off for Habs.

Ikonen and Olofsson for Eller right?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I guess right... and? Who are they and what have they done for Habs? You know for certain they will be any good?

Ikonen is a solid prospect but injuries have derailed his development. Olofsson might turn into a bottom 6 forward. Too early to know. They might both bust.

They are certainly not going to turn into top 6F

Last edited:

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018

Yup. Without Price we likely would have tanked big time but then the rebuild would have been more thorough. Makes you wonder for sure.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Iʼd tell you that I probably wouldn’t be comfortable voting at this particular time. Some questions need to be answered. A very unusual situation. Moving forward, Iʼd like to play.”

“Iʼd say that we were fresh. You see every season how it pays off. It gonna be chaotic. I think weʼre pretty underrated team. We proved that we can get hot. And that’s all matters at the playoffs. I like opportunities right in front of me.”

“Thereʼs a lot of things in my like Iʼd like to redone. A great opportunity. You never know how the future hold. Iʼll take every opportunity that I get.”

“Itʼs motivating. I prepare myself to every situations. Iʼm still in Washington (in the home of the Tri-City Americans). Iʼm using their gym and their facility. The practice sheet next to the door. Iʼve been able to skate a bit. No skaters shooting at me tho.”

“Iʼm starting to make plans. Iʼd like to come soon. Iʼm kinda in a isolation. This was the best case scenario for my family.”

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
“Iʼd tell you that I probably wouldn’t be comfortable voting at this particular time. Some questions need to be answered. A very unusual situation. Moving forward, Iʼd like to play.”

“Iʼd say that we were fresh. You see every season how it pays off. It gonna be chaotic. I think weʼre pretty underrated team. We proved that we can get hot. And that’s all matters at the playoffs. I like opportunities right in front of me.”

“Thereʼs a lot of things in my like Iʼd like to redone. A great opportunity. You never know how the future hold. Iʼll take every opportunity that I get.”

“Itʼs motivating. I prepare myself to every situations. Iʼm still in Washington (in the home of the Tri-City Americans). Iʼm using their gym and their facility. The practice sheet next to the door. Iʼve been able to skate a bit. No skaters shooting at me tho.”

“Iʼm starting to make plans. Iʼd like to come soon. Iʼm kinda in a isolation. This was the best case scenario for my family.”
You missed a big part:

from Eric Engels
"I want the opportunity to be able to play for a Stanley Cup, but I want to be able to live my life normally."--Carey Price. Says he has friends and family who have passed away from COVID-19.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I want the opportunity to be able to play for a Stanley Cup. But I want to be able to live my life normally.”

“Trying to beat the Penguins and winning a Stanley Cup is an enormous challenge. I've no doubt me and my teammates will be ready for that. We need to play better.”

“I watched their games (Pens) for the season. Weʼll have three weeks to see that during the camp. Iʼm preparing my body to be ready and focusing on my family. My family will stay at Washington.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“There's no question in my mind that nobody would think less of anybody for bowing out. It's a situation that's above hockey. I'd have nothing but respect for that person. It'd be a very difficulty decision to make.”

“It's always plausible that great goaltending wins you championships...”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad