Injury Report: Carey Price suffered from chronic fatigue

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yet expected. We all knew the haters would be back as soon as the god mode would be deactivated. Make no mistake they are not talking about Subban now cause he could legitimately win the Norris but as soon as he'll not be Norris caliber they'll be back trashing him too.

Only reason Price and Subban mostly avoided the same treatment as Ribeiro and Brisebois is because they are elite players and when they are 100% criticizing them doesn't make any sense. But they are cancer. Like AG.

I'm curious to see who will be the next cancer. Probably Drouin. I'm really happy for Sergachev cause he was on his way to be a cancer and i'm happy for him that he avoided that fate. It will be good for his career and i like the kid.

Subban will never know his luck being traded when he did. The organization may have turned on him, but he left as hero to the fans. It’s the ones who stay with rare exception that play with a ticking time bomb of when the fanbase will decide their time is up. Halak is another example. Traded after a fluky Cinderella run and 7 years later he’s on his fifth team and there are still a group of fans that think he’s better. If he was a consistent starter despite what stats say, St. Louis wouldn’t have traded the farm to acquire Ryan Miller just a couple of seasons after they acquired him, he wouldn’t have been in the AHL just last year. It’s a cruel business in Montreal. So many bi-polar fans out for blood. If you get to leave on a positive note, you should consider yourself blessed. Patrice Brisebois got treated the worst I’ve ever seen. He wasn’t a superstar but god did that guy take abuse and he even came back at the end of his career.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Isn't it weird that Price immediately went outside the organization to find out what was the problem ?

Likely because he's in field filled with prideful men, himself included, who minimize syptoms and wait until its too late to consult. Likely because the Habs medical staff is comprised of surgeons. His wife likely nagged him non stopped to go see someone, hence her nutritionist.

So no, not weird at all. What's weird is your reaction to this. If you want to doubt the staffs competence though, go right ahead. Metro Vendome, McGill University Health Center, surgery dep, theyre all there. Or, you can go to the campus, they teach there too.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
CFS isn’t anything to make fun out of and those who do/did should do some research instead of spewing garbage here. This isn’t an issue where a person just wants to sleep in or ate too much turkey during the holidays. CFS doesn’t care if you’re an all-star athlete or keyboard warrior.

Playing performance past and present aside, I’m glad CP seems to have this under control now. For those here who has dealt with CFS, I know where you’re coming from. For the rest, I hope this isn’t something you’ll have to struggle with personally or somebody you’ll have to care for.

Yes, there are things far worse, and I am not implying this is the worst illness ever, but I’m just saying it IS a big deal and at the very least understand that.

Last edited:

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
CFS isn’t anything to make fun out of and those who do/did should do some research instead of spewing garbage here. This isn’t an issue where a person just wants to sleep in or ate too much turkey during the holidays. CFS doesn’t care if you’re and all-star athlete or keyboard warrior.

Playing performance past and present aside, I’m glad CP seems to have this under control now. For those here who has dealt with CFS, I know where you’re coming from. For the rest, I hope this isn’t something you’ll have to struggle with personally or somebody you’ll have to care for.

Yes, there are things far worse, and I am not implying this is the worst illness ever, but I’m just saying it IS a big deal and at the very least understand that.

Yeah ok, that sounds like a medical condition, he should be place ld on IR and let the assurances deal with the contract and move on.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'd prefer if Deslaurier/Gallagher were going. First of all, both are more deserving than Price. Secondly, it would highlight how we lack star power and could only help putting more pressure on our ******ed ownership.
Yeah, but its never the real 'allstars' going to these things, never has been. Its an old boys popularity contest, which each GM getting a say who gets to look good in a team jersey. Look at how many players in the league who aren't going, but should be? Its the same guys every year, no matter of their stats.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'd be chronically tired as well playing 3 days a week with that squad in front of me

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Likely because he's in field filled with prideful men, himself included, who minimize syptoms and wait until its too late to consult. Likely because the Habs medical staff is comprised of surgeons. His wife likely nagged him non stopped to go see someone, hence her nutritionist.

So no, not weird at all. What's weird is your reaction to this. If you want to doubt the staffs competence though, go right ahead. Metro Vendome, McGill University Health Center, surgery dep, theyre all there. Or, you can go to the campus, they teach there too.

Price is going outside the org for things that I can't understand why they are not diagnosed in house. We're an elite pro team with nutritionists, doctors, trainers.. hell freakin' yoga trainers, yet we can't diagnose something so major that Price missed 10 games for it ? I question things, and I draw my own conclusions. I think it's healthy but you do you !

PS: I have 100% faith in the habs medical staff.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If there's something wrong with him it didn't show up for most of when he's come back. And they're playing the hell out of him right now. If there's something wrong they should shut him down. Season is lost anyways.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Price is going outside the org for things that I can't understand why they are not diagnosed in house. We're an elite pro team with nutritionists, doctors, trainers.. hell freakin' yoga trainers, yet we can't diagnose something so major that Price missed 10 games for it ? I question things, and I draw my own conclusions. I think it's healthy but you do you !

I wish Price to remain healthy but should this be a chronic problem it is important to officially documents everything. This way down the road he could medically retire Hossa style without impacting Habs and still earn a nice paycheck.

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
Price just wants to play on a team w/ more star power #SucePourRasmus

or he's just tired of management, can't fix this w/ vitamins.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Subban will never know his luck being traded when he did. The organization may have turned on him, but he left as hero to the fans. It’s the ones who stay with rare exception that play with a ticking time bomb of when the fanbase will decide their time is up. Halak is another example. Traded after a fluky Cinderella run and 7 years later he’s on his fifth team and there are still a group of fans that think he’s better. If he was a consistent starter despite what stats say, St. Louis wouldn’t have traded the farm to acquire Ryan Miller just a couple of seasons after they acquired him, he wouldn’t have been in the AHL just last year. It’s a cruel business in Montreal. So many bi-polar fans out for blood. If you get to leave on a positive note, you should consider yourself blessed. Patrice Brisebois got treated the worst I’ve ever seen. He wasn’t a superstar but god did that guy take abuse and he even came back at the end of his career.
Posted it before he was traded. Then stated when he was traded "great career move for Subban"

Even earlier to "get out" Sergechyov. Another great career move.

Patteryns girlfriend .... brilliant career tweet for Greg.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Posted it before he was traded. Then stated when he was traded "great career move for Subban"

Even earlier to "get out" Sergechyov. Another great career move.

Patteryns girlfriend .... brilliant career tweet for Greg.
Its already difficult to attract quality UFAs due to the pressure that comes with playing in Montreal. It will be even harder now with the loser mentally that the bozos in charge put in place. I won't be surprised if Price and Weber want out for a chance at the cup somewhere else.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I wish Price to remain healthy but should this be a chronic problem it is important to officially documents everything. This way down the road he could medically retire Hossa style without impacting Habs and still earn a nice paycheck.

Did the hawks document Hossa's condition from day #1 ? And did his jersey allergy condition start when he started wearing the unique colors of the Hawks jersey ? To me the whole thing felt like one big scam to get the hawks out of Hossa's cap hit but this is just my opinion, I have zero proof of this.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The only question mark is of the veracity of the team, which is no stranger to offering fabrications as excuses. Ignoring this unlikelihood, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a very real disease, that just so happens to be named after its most prominent symptom.

I imagine if brain tumours were commonly called Prolonged Headache Syndrome, there would be just as many ignorant comments being issued, but about drinking, or "watching his own highlights".

Perhaps those unfamiliar might be interested in what the Mayo Clinic has to say about CFS.

Mayo Clinic on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Reactions: KFlint

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Well, if we're talking about how management has set things up for players, I don't know. Maybe it's crap. Maybe they have the best system in place and Price still decided he'd rather go see his wifes nutritionist, because that's how he is. I have no idea, there's not much info available in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad