Injury Report: Carey Price suffered from chronic fatigue

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The nutritionist brought him to see his own doctor to do the blood work up (as per the TVA report). The entire thing was outside of the habs organization.

Angela Price's nutritionist Jean-Francois Gaudreau :
"Tsé, je l'ai amené voir un de mes médecins, il n'y avait rien de majeur comme tel dans ces prises de sang, mais on voyait que yavait des niveaux bas au niveau des vitamines dont vitamines D, B12..."
"I brought him to see one of my own doctor, there was nothing major as such in his blood work up, but we could notice low levels of vitamins such as D, B12"
Carey Price souffrait de fatigue chronique - TVA Sports

One wonders what the habs pay their medical staff for ?!

The staff can't do anything if he's not going to them.

Wonder how a young man like Price ended up with a Vitamin B12 deficiency, though.

When I saw the title, I though the cause would be something else. He's always had trouble with the pressure of being a goalie here. Not many can hold the job that long. Even Roy crumbled under it in the end. Price did too when he started and it also took him years to perform in the playoffs. He likely knew what the contract meant as far as expectations, too. I thought all of this, or another injury, played into how he performed early.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
This story is almost unbeleivable. I'm full of scepticism, maybe there's something else they hide.
He's 30 and signed for the next 8 years, so be patient if you wanna see another cup.

Reactions: Forum93

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The staff can't do anything if he's not going to them.

Wonder how a young man like Price ended up with a Vitamin B12 deficiency, though.

When I saw the title, I though the cause would be something else. He's always had trouble with the pressure of being a goalie here. Not many can hold the job that long. Even Roy crumbled under it in the end. Price did too when he started and it also took him years to perform in the playoffs. He likely knew what the contract meant as far as expectations, too. I thought all of this, or another injury, played into how he performed early.

Isn't it weird that Price immediately went outside the organization to find out what was the problem ?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It's like the top secret Pierre Gauthier era all over again.

The funny thing is, Bergevin has become the secretive GM we thought we were not getting when Gauthier was fired. The way they handle injuries is exactly the way Gauthier did. Remember how Markov's injury was handled in 2011-12? No one lnew when he was returning. Exact same thing happened with Price in 2016 and now with Weber.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I can assure you that chronic fatigue syndrome is very really and extremely debilitating. It's been part of my life for 10 years now. I used to play tennis and snowboard and alway was a good athlete and suddenly it went downhill and I can't walk 30 minutes nowadays.

To say he had or has it is extremely premature considering he needed B12 and vitamin D and that he feels better already. Could be a burnout. Chronic fatigue syndrome is way mode complicated than that and using this diagnosis now is a bit insulting. There was a boxer from Québec (nickname Apou , not sure?) that had to end an undefeated carrer because of it.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
I can assure you that chronic fatigue syndrome is very really and extremely debilitating. It's been part of my life for 10 years now. I used to play tennis and snowboard and alway was a good athlete and suddenly it went downhill and I can't walk 30 minutes nowadays.

To say he had or has it is extremely premature considering he needed B12 and vitamin D and that he feels better already. Could be a burnout. Chronic fatigue syndrome is way mode complicated than that and using this diagnosis now is a bit insulting. There was a boxer from Québec (nickname Apou , not sure?) that had to end an undefeated carrer because of it.

Sadly a lot of people have a hard time believing something is real unless they experienced it themselves.

In any event, if Price is gonna suffer from fatigue problems, might as well let it be this season. We've got a couple of years (at least) in the crapper until this team has enough talent for a run, so it gives Price some time to recuperate

Reactions: KFlint

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Was it a second opinion though ? Did he consult the habs medical staff first ? We don't have the answers to these questions I don't think.

With the current Habs management, we're as likely to get an answer on this as we are to find details of Putin's sex life published on the Pravda.

Not like it really matters anyway. This team needs time right now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Guys, it's fine to comment on the reports. It's not fine to speculate on whether or not this guy was faking an injury or some other unsupported nonsense. Posts that delve into libel/speculative supposition will be removed. This is also not going to turn into a bashing thread. Leave those posts at the door.

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

Hmm, I find that very interesting.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Sad that media and fans came down so hard on Price, so sad.

Yet expected. We all knew the haters would be back as soon as the god mode would be deactivated. Make no mistake they are not talking about Subban now cause he could legitimately win the Norris but as soon as he'll not be Norris caliber they'll be back trashing him too.

Only reason Price and Subban mostly avoided the same treatment as Ribeiro and Brisebois is because they are elite players and when they are 100% criticizing them doesn't make any sense. But they are cancer. Like AG.

I'm curious to see who will be the next cancer. Probably Drouin. I'm really happy for Sergachev cause he was on his way to be a cancer and i'm happy for him that he avoided that fate. It will be good for his career and i like the kid.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I have a hard time watching the Habs and usually fall asleep midway into the game. Guess I suffer from chronic fatigue too...

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I’m not going to speculate on whether or not this is a fabricated story for Price or the organization to save face.

However I will say that CFS is very real, and I’ve known people that have had to battle it. It can rock your world and render you near useless.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Price has done wonders for the team image, he probably sells a ton of jerseys etc. Nobody is buying a Halak jersey, not ever, except his family. I mean jesus, who would be going to the allstar game all these years if Price wasn't around?

I'd prefer if Deslaurier/Gallagher were going. First of all, both are more deserving than Price. Secondly, it would highlight how we lack star power and could only help putting more pressure on our Pejorative Slured ownership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad