News Article: Carey Price still in his prime at 32 yrs old

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Surprised Price not getting any praise for this:

Players changes play in from best of 3 to 5, specifically because of him. That’s saying a lot!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Physically and talent wise, I think Price can still be the best goalie in the league. It's between the ears that is the problem. He hasn't been focused and motivated for the last 2 years. I don't know if it's related to his personal life or he's just fed up of losing and realizes this team is going nowhere for the next 2-3 years again but he doesn't play like a player that believes in his team.
He plays like a player stuck behind a really bad team.

Players changes play in from best of 3 to 5, specifically because of him. That’s saying a lot!

Actually, that's pretty cool. :laugh:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He plays like a player stuck behind a really bad team.

Actually, that's pretty cool. :laugh:

Oh definitely. I don't think Price lost his ability over the past 2 years. He lost his focus and motivation probably because of the quality of the team and not trusting management.

Reactions: BLONG7

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Oilers have the right to be scared of Kane. The guy can singlehandedly win a series on his own. Carey Price on the other hand, not so much anymore. He can definitely play great for a stretch, but he hasn't been consistent for like 3 years now.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Oilers have the right to be scared of Kane. The guy can singlehandedly win a series on his own. Carey Price on the other hand, not so much anymore. He can definitely play great for a stretch, but he hasn't been consistent for like 3 years now.
In the playoffs, a hot goalie is what every team fears. Cup teams almost always are a result of riding a hot goalie. A rested and very motivated Price is as good a reason as possible to be afraid. He has the ability to win a series. He just needs to shut up and do it.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

But he's not an elite goalie anymore and only had 2 good seasons, I guess players don't look at enough stats to know that he isn't good I don't get it

Reactions: Prettyisland

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
But he's not an elite goalie anymore and only had 2 good seasons, I guess players don't look at enough stats to know that he isn't good I don't get it

Come on now, he's had more than two good seasons. He had one exceptional season, one great season, and quite a few good seasons in-between.

I often criticize Price, but let's be honest here, he's had a crappy team for many years now.

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Idk if that's sarcasm, but Price hasn't been good for 3 years now. Even if you watch him play, you can see that he is inconsistent. The team in front of him may suck, but other goalies have been able to play well with crappy defense too. At 10.5 million, there shouldn't be many if any excuses.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
No goalie has more external AND internal pressure in the league and I don’t think any goalie has had the external pressure he has . Internally the dominator and Marty come to mind

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Come on now, he's had more than two good seasons. He had one exceptional season, one great season, and quite a few good seasons in-between.

I often criticize Price, but let's be honest here, he's had a crappy team for many years now.
Idk if that's sarcasm, but Price hasn't been good for 3 years now. Even if you watch him play, you can see that he is inconsistent. The team in front of him may suck, but other goalies have been able to play well with crappy defense too. At 10.5 million, there shouldn't be many if any excuses.

I was kidding

Reactions: Sterling Archer

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Cant have a 32 years old goalie playing 68+ games a season. At 10.5mil, it's hard to find a good back up as those go for 3+mil. How do you justify paying 13.5mil on goaltending, if you arent sure to make the playoffs. Price in his prime, had no problems playing 70 games.

Reactions: lo striver

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Cant have a 32 years old goalie playing 68+ games a season. At 10.5mil, it's hard to find a good back up as those go for 3+mil. How do you justify paying 13.5mil on goaltending, if you arent sure to make the playoffs. Price in his prime, had no problems playing 70 games.
I disagree, he did it, but I think it contributed to his nagging groin injuries and I think he often tried to fight through them for the betterment of the team, but I don’t think a goalie playing 70 games a year makes sense if you have cup aspirations this day and age.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Except in the playoffs. When we got him there...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad