News Article: Carey Price still in his prime at 32 yrs old

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
2019-20 NHLPA Player Poll results unveiled

NHLPA just released his annual players poll and Price keeps reigning at the top of the goaltenders category for a 2nd consecutive year with an increased 11,6% rate from last year according to his peers...

TOP 4:

Price 41,55%
Vasilevski: 17,09%
MAF: 8,93%
Bobrovski: 5,63%

All this with a non playoffs team ahead of him, thats pure dominance as far as Im concerned and a clear indication that he still has a couple of good seasons ahead, no sign of decline yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
The reason Price’s numbers are down is because our defensive core sucks. Weber and Petry are very good but that’s it.

Everyone else is at best a 5/6 D. Chiarot is solid but he is not a really a top 4. More so a very solid 5D. Mete is not a close to a top 4. Kulak is pretty bad.

Romanov coming in will be a big help but we need another top 4 LD. Not sure who to go after. It could be through trade or free agency. If we got a guy to play with Weber, this would be a solid top 4.

1LD - Weber
Romanov - Petry

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The reason Price’s numbers are down is because our defensive core sucks. Weber and Petry are very good but that’s it.

Everyone else is at best a 5/6 D. Chiarot is solid but he is not a really a top 4. More so a very solid 5D. Mete is not a close to a top 4. Kulak is pretty bad.

Romanov coming in will be a big help but we need another top 4 LD. Not sure who to go after. It could be through trade or free agency. If we got a guy to play with Weber, this would be a solid top 4.

1LD - Weber
Romanov - Petry

I would say the whole team sucked in a whole, but thats getting better with the kids gaining experience and some other close to crack the line-up... I would say our center line is what hurt us the most over the past couple of years, then our D-core for sure, its not that bad, but thats not very good either... Hopefully Romonov comes in to add some life and poise on the left side next season...

Hopefully KK heals well and comes to the next camp in great shape, we really need him to take the next step... Suzuki should be better too... At worst, this team will be highly competitive in 2021-2022, but I wouldnt be surprised if we make the playoffs as soon as next season if we can avoid injuries...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
give him a good D and no one would complain about his 'rating'. this thread on the main board is a shit show. as if fans know better than 500+ pro players who see him up close. the answers on there are peak sanctimonious bullshit. people are embarrassingly dumb and arrogant

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
give him a good D and no one would complain about his 'rating'. this thread on the main board is a shit show. as if fans know better than 500+ pro players who see him up close. the answers on there are peak sanctimonious bullshit. people are embarrassingly dumb and arrogant
Being a professional player doesn't make one good at evaluating and assessing others.

If you account for the defensive effort the Habs put in this season, Price still did not perform better than how the league's most average goalie would have performed under the same circumstances. He was great last year, mostly in the second half, but he hasn't performed like a top 3 goalie this season. Neither has Bobrovski (seeing him up there is even worse tbh).

And in the meantime, you have Vasi up there, who even Tampa fans are going to tell you he's not as good as his number shows (he also underperforms compared to an average goalie put in the same circumstances - aka behind Tampa's ridiculous defense that prevents a ton of high scoring chances)

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Interesting that Bobrovsky got 29 votes as best goalie.

Yes, I posted that in the Out of Town thread. Neither do I think that Kucherov belongs with McDavid, Crosby and MacKinnon. Panarin for instance is a better player than Kucherov in my opinion.

Reactions: the

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Any starter in the league would flirt with 0.909 and 25-ish wins on the Montreal Canadiens every year.
Haven't you heard? Price is literally the only goalie in the league that has a shitty defense in front of him. I mean Connor Hellebyuck, who is 7th in the league for save percentage, has a hall of fame defense in front of him with Demelo, Poolman, Beaulieu, Pionk and Kulikov being 5 of the 6 dmen. Price would be lucky to have a d-core like that.

I want to defend Price because the defense truly is awful, but he is inconsistent nowadays. We have seen him do well with the EXACT SAME garbage defense, we have also seen him shit to bed hard. The guy who is getting 10.5 million a year, is the highest paid goalie in the league, and is supposed to be a player that no other team has, can't be inconsistent if he wants to be a top goalie.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad