Player Discussion Carey Price - Moving Home Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Of course that didn't stop posters on this board telling him to stop after the three or four times in his entire career it led to a goal against.
That's always gonna happen no matter who's in net. :laugh:

"Why is Subban carrying the puck up the ice???? He gave it away. He needs to stop carrying the puck!"

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
That's always gonna happen no matter who's in net. :laugh:

"Why is Subban carrying the puck up the ice???? He gave it away. He needs to stop carrying the puck!"
This board (and maybe others), a player makes a mistake and posters think the player will keep repeating the same mistake ad nauseam. Like if humans doesn't evolve or learn from past mistakes. The example of Price : he's a good goalie so he should stop every puck. That doesn't work like this in real life, puck goes in the net, cars make accidents, babies makes poo poo in their huggies, or in other words : shit happen.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I feel sorry for Price, will be need to live in pain? Can he do basic activities like lift furniture?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Just posted this in another thread, thought It'd be appropriate to post here as well...

The Carey Price effect. 2015-2016 edition:

In 2015, Up until US Thanksgiving - Habs are in first place overall in the league. Most wins, most points, best p%, most goals scored, etc.

The day before US Thanksgiving - Carey Price is injured, misses the rest of the year.

From US thanksgiving until end of season, Habs are in last place. Least points, worst p%, lease wins, most goals against, 2nd worst goals for.

With Price - 1st in almost every metric.
Without Price - last in almost every metric.

It's crazy the impact he has on his team. Both in goaltending and stopping actual pucks, but also in simply inspiring confidence in his teammates and allowing them to take more risks/score more goals.

Well, no doubt price was instrumental in the habs success, but part of it is also because many of his backups were utter horse crap especially if you asked them to carry the load.

Was that the year they had Mike Condon to try and carry the ball? I recall he looked decent as a backup early on, but he crapped the bed when he was asked to carry the load. He didn't last in this league for much longer.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I feel sorry for Price, will be need to live in pain? Can he do basic activities like lift furniture?
My elderly mom had a bone to bone knee/femur for ~2 decades. She continued to do her daily stuff, walk 4km every day and go to the gym 3-4 times per weeks (mostly mobility exercises at her age). Lots of injections, Tylenols, meds and treatments for the pain and swelling until she finally got her replacement surgery last year (it's a life changer).

So Price should be able to do basic activities until he's "old enough" to get his replacement surgery. He can't do it until his contract is over, since he won't be able to play hockey again after despite being healed.

Reactions: Ezpz

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

1700580100217.png

:pout:

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Man............tough ending for him, and all the Habs fans that knew the Bergevin years, wasted his talent.

No way he comes back guys, there is the knee issues, and of course the pain killers issue on top of that......

The guy at times seems like he may want to work in the hockey world, and other times you have to feel no way does he bother.

He will be fine, doing his day to day stuff as he moves forward, and has a ton of money to help him with a beyond phenominal retirement, for him and his family.
Such a great guy..............wish him well!!

I think most of us who have retired from our careers all feel this way...

Reactions: bcv and Tyson

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

i'm sure his 10's of millions will ease the burden, a problem I wouldn't mind having. I just want to know if I should sell his rookie card, is it going to plummet in value?

Last edited by a moderator:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
i'm sure his 10's of millions will ease the burden, a problem I wouldn't mind having. I just want to know if I should sell his rookie card, is it going to plummet in value?
Absolutely not. Short term it may drop, but long term it will increase. If he gets inducted into the HOF it will increase the value as well.

Reactions: Habs

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

In retrospect, he was easily the 3rd best player of his generation after Crosby and Ovechkin, but this was cloaked behind the circumstances. Price was a towering goalie just as good as Dryden.

We might not see another one like him for decades.

If you think Malkin or Kane tilts the ice as much as Price, you are crazy, insane.

Maybe Getzlaf or Toews at their peak. Otherwise, for his overall body of work, playing the most pressure position in hockey; goalie in MTL, Price was King.

(I don't consider Pronger from the same generation).

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
In retrospect, he was easily the 3rd best player of his generation after Crosby and Ovechkin, but this was cloaked behind the circumstances. Price was a towering goalie just as good as Dryden.

We might not see another one like him for decades.

If you think Malkin or Kane tilts the ice as much as Price, you are crazy, insane.

Maybe Getzlaf or Toews at their peak. Otherwise, for his overall body of work, playing the most pressure position in hockey; goalie in MTL, Price was King.

(I don't consider Pronger from the same generation).

Montreal was not a good place for him, he should of asked to be traded to vancouver when he could, he would of had a much better career there im sure of it.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
How come ? He’s been paid like a superstar for is entire tenure here .. and still is . He might no got all the love on these boards. Who gives a shyt.

He got all the love, respect. And money from the org. He can no chill for the rest of life . I think he received a lot from the CH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad