Player Discussion Carey Price - Moving Home Edition

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Montreal Canadiens: Carey Price family looking to move, sell home

“It looks like we will be making the move to Kelowna after this hockey season.” wrote Angela Price, Carey’s wife, on social media. “I feel like we will come back for visits quite often.”

“Yes, we will (sell our house),” she wrote. “It’s going to be hard to say goodbye to this house and especially our neighbours.”

Not that I ever expected to see him play for the Habs (or anyone) ever again, but this may drive the final nail into the coffin.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I, too, am selling my home and moving to Kelowna

also, obligatory:

FE97F11C-0EE8-49A3-BDBA-4E035073BC7D.jpeg

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's strange how radio silent it's been on Price's health this year.

All of last season it was "he's rehabbing, setback but still rehabbing, hoping to return soon, rehabbing, etc".

This year - nothing.

Is he still rehabbing?
Is he considering/undergoing surgery? (I remember there were risks, not saying he should, just curious if it's still being looked at/considered)
Is he working towards an actual return?

I understand people here are all assuming he's done. How about Price himself though? Last year I fully got the feeling he was 100% working towards a return. Is he still doing that this year, or has he given up?

Reactions: DailyKaizen

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Until he officially calls it a career, is he still not considered an employee? Believe me, I love the guy, but they're paying him millions for a few more years. He can just move away, bye bye team? I'd make him an ambassador or something. I might sound ridiculous I know, but still...

All of last season it was "he's rehabbing, setback but still rehabbing, hoping to return soon, rehabbing, etc".

This year - nothing.

Is he still rehabbing?
Is he considering/undergoing surgery? (I remember there were risks, not saying he should, just curious if it's still being looked at/considered)

I understand people here are all assuming he's done. How about Price himself though? Last year I fully got the feeling he was 100% working towards a return. Is he still doing that this year, or has he given up?
Clearly from the article, sounds like he's done. They are moving across the country and said they'll "visit" Montreal.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site

This year - nothing.

Is he still rehabbing?

Last year, there was still hope he would come back. Now we know the odds of him playing again are near zero, so there's was less speculation about his health.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

This year - nothing.

Is he still rehabbing?

Meh...was obvious last year too, you just clinged on.
It's like Weber, it wasn't official until it became that but it was obvious he was doneso.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This year - nothing.

Is he still rehabbing?

Price had a press conference earlier this year. So it hasn't been radio silence. He said he'd like to work his way to return. However, he said he's aware it will never happen. His injury was far from him being able to do the smallest thing to work on any possible return.

But if they're looking to sell their Montreal home to return to BC, then it pretty much confirms he's officially done.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Fought with people for years on this site on why his contract wouldn’t end up mattering much yet there was panic regardless. Thanks for everything Price. You deserved to win a cup. It’s to bad you didn’t drag Bergevin’s turd just three more games in 2021 to really shut the spoiled fans up.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Until he officially calls it a career, is he still not considered an employee? Believe me, I love the guy, but they're paying him millions for a few more years. He can just move away, bye bye team? I'd make him an ambassador or something. I might sound ridiculous I know, but still...

Clearly from the article, sounds like he's done. They are moving across the country and said they'll "visit" Montreal.
It is surprising how Weber, Price and Byron ( and anybody else on Robidas island )can just completely check out without having insurers insisting they go through rehab and at least try to get back on their skates.
That being said, I completely understand them wanting to gtfo and move to Kelowna; I sincerely think it's the nicest city Îvetever visited in Canada.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
It is surprising how Weber, Price and Byron ( and anybody else on Robidas island )can just completely check out without having insurers insisting they go through rehab and at least try to get back on their skates.

Not surprising at all if you understand how the human body works.

• Haha
Reactions: First Line

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Damn, MB really wasted the entire prime of a franchise goaltender. We could have won a Cup with this guy with competent management, maybe more than one. Came pretty close a couple years even with the clown show. This is MB’s legacy.

I wish Carey all the best. I was always critical of him; I won’t pretend I wasn’t, but he won me over in the end, and I always respected him as a person. He was always nothing but class in this league and as the face of this franchise. I hope he stays involved with the team in some capacity, even if he’s not around much.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Wonder if we could move his contract like we did Weber?
His contract isn't a big deal compared with Gallagher, Armia, Hoffman, Dvorak, Matheson, Savard and even Anderson. We could sell Price's contract soon but it wouldn't solve our problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad