Player Discussion Carey Price - 2nd Baby Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We don't know that. The big problem is we don't know why he is garbage now. If you are a rival GM, why would you take the risk? Also, if he's the type of guy to "mentally check out" after signing the most lucrative contract in the history of NHL goaltenders, why the hell would anyone want him on their team?
Pacioretty checked out yet here we are with a red hot Tatar, a red hot Suzuki and a 2nd round pick.

The talent is there, everyone knows it, maybe all he needed was a change in scenery. Point is we got a good return on him potentially returning to form.

Domi scores 5 goals last year via beating a goalie in net....why would anyone take a flyer on this kid??...Answer: the talent is there, (I believe 7th in NHL scoring) just needed a change of scenery, just like Price.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Pacioretty checked out yet here we are with a red hot Tatar, a red hot Suzuki and a 2nd round pick.

The talent is there, everyone knows it, maybe all he needed was a change in scenery. Point is we got a good return on him potentially returning to form.

Domi scores 5 goals last year via beating a goalie in net....why would anyone take a flyer on this kid??...Answer: the talent is there, (I believe 7th in NHL scoring) just needed a change of scenery, just like Price.
These two don't come with a 10.5M annual price tag for the better part of the next decade.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
That’s up for the team that aquires him to determine the worth vs risk. It’s 7yrs and change as of now......
There is no team out there dumb enough to take that 'risk', if you can even call it that. Teams have seen how he has played since signing it. It's not hard to see how this ends. MB took the risk, what's left now is one of worst contracts in NHL history.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
There is no team out there dumb enough to take that 'risk', if you can even call it that. Teams have seen how he has played since signing it. It's not hard to see how this ends. MB took the risk, what's left now is one of worst contracts in NHL history.
Not even close....come on man!!

Price is healthy and 31.....there’s a team or two that’ll take that risk I’m sure.

Anyways....we’ll agree to disagree:)

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You’re entitled to think he’s untradeable...I on the other hand think that he’ll be traded.

He’s still a very good goalie, he just has a crap défense in front of him and he’s mentally checked out.

It least it appears that way

The answer is simple then, make him rot on the sidelines and play Niemi. Next year sign a #1b goalie for 5-6M but 1-2 year. We have a ton of cap space and we can wait until Price decides to give a shit.... THEN you trade him.

Reactions: jaffy27

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Price is just making a joke out of himself at this point. Just completely mailed it in as soon as he signed that contract. He literally just stopped trying. I refuse to believe he is physically no longer capable of being a good goalie. He just doesn't give a crap. Says a lot about his character...
Well this is his third contract. He was made a millionaire after signing his second contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad