badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
"He'll push us over the top when he comes back."

*tries to hide sarcastic smile, fails miserably*

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
When retired players who can't play anymore but still count against the cap are movable it's safe to say everyone is tradeable.

Sry but this is just not comparable to an 84 million dollar contract. There isn't a single team willing to take this on. We couldn't give him away IMO.

You think Molson is going to swallow 40 million to move him. He won't even fire this clown of a GM because he is terribly cheap. Price will not be moved, it's about the only certainty around this team.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
well at least he was the only Canadien player to ''SCORE'' last year!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
His face looks bonier then I’ve ever seen it. They’re definitely trying to slim him down. Makes him look like he’s aged about 5 years.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
His face looks bonier then I’ve ever seen it. They’re definitely trying to slim him down. Makes him look like he’s aged about 5 years.

It's the first time I ever see a video of him in a gym during the summer. I bet the fatigue syndrome will magically go away !

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It's the first time I ever see a video of him in a gym during the summer. I bet the fatigue syndrome will magically go away !

This is bs Phillip. The guy has never been accused of not training. But his cheek bones are starting to hit skeleton level.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
This is bs Phillip. The guy has never been accused of not training. But his cheek bones are starting to hit skeleton level.

He's been losing weight for years now, I remember him saying that he had lost baby fat (or something like that) in camp. He wanted to be faster and more agile in nets.

I was trying to find the quote again but failed

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He's been losing weight for years now, I remember him saying that he had lost baby fat (or something like that) in camp. He wanted to be faster and more agile in nets.

He went from 230 to 215. Which makes sense. I’m just curious how much further they’re going to take it because he’s looking pretty skinny and it’s looks like more then baby fat. I imagine he’s taking it pretty serious after last season.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He went from 230 to 215. Which makes sense. I’m just curious how much further they’re going to take it because he’s looking pretty skinny and it’s looks like more then baby fat. I imagine he’s taking it pretty serious after last season.

I could only find a few things:
- He was at 250 when he started, lost 20 pounds while playing/new diet
- he lost 11 pounds in 2013 before camp
- In 2016, while he had that big knee injury, he losts 10 pounds (220) and he wanted to stay at that weight. They did say he looked much skinnier

dunno at 215, if he is already at 215 and if he will be able to keep it or not

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
After watching what Fleury did in Vegas, Price would have value to a team like Seattle if they get an expansion team. A good chunk of his contract is actually paid out in the first 2 years. Since nothing has been announced, the Seattle team possibly won't take the ice before 2020/21. And with $30M off his contract, plus the respect he has amongst players around the league...and he and his wife are from the northwest, it seems like a fit. But he'd have to waive his NMC. And Seattle would have to take him when cheaper options would be available.

Reactions: Fixxer

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
When retired players who can't play anymore but still count against the cap are movable it's safe to say everyone is tradeable.

Sry but this is just not comparable to an 84 million dollar contract. There isn't a single team willing to take this on. We couldn't give him away IMO.

You think Molson is going to swallow 40 million to move him. He won't even fire this clown of a GM because he is terribly cheap. Price will not be moved, it's about the only certainty around this team.
He has value for sure. One rough season on a terrible team isn't going to reduce it to zero. But he has to have a decent season this year or else that value will go away. And it's not going to be easy playing behind this roster.

Personally, I think we should trade him and Max now. I'd say the same thing on Weber but that's now an impossibility. The problem is that MB knows that his only chance at saving his job is for Price to carry the way so he won't do it. It should be done though, the guy's in his early 30s and we aren't going anywhere for at least the next three to five years. As I said in the rebuild thread... rip the band aid off and move on.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
He has value for sure. One rough season on a terrible team isn't going to reduce it to zero. But he has to have a decent season this year or else that value will go away. And it's not going to be easy playing behind this roster.

Personally, I think we should trade him and Max now. I'd say the same thing on Weber but that's now an impossibility. The problem is that MB knows that his only chance at saving his job is for Price to carry the way so he won't do it. It should be done though, the guy's in his early 30s and we aren't going anywhere for at least the next three to five years. As I said in the rebuild thread... rip the band aid off and move on.

The problem with trying to trade Price is who is the Price of 2018? Is he the flub of last year or the Price of old. Nobody really knows. Other GM's will want to know for sure before risking and taking on an $84M contract. As such, they will low ball offer and push for a lot of salary retention until he can prove he is the Price of old. So, if you want to trade him now, expect little in return.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You’re not kidding. He does look skinny
215lbs still seems like a lot for a goalie
I’m assuming it’s to take pressure of his knees , the weights loss I mean
Pushing off from post to post must put a lof pressure on the groin and knees probably best for his career to slim down

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You’re not kidding. He does look skinny
215lbs still seems like a lot for a goalie
I’m assuming it’s to take pressure of his knees , the weights loss I mean
Pushing off from post to post must put a lof pressure on the groin and knees probably best for his career to slim down

I wouldn’t be surprised if he weighed in at 200-205 at the beginning of the season. It looks like he has an eating disorder in that video and I’ve met him, he’s not a fat guy at all when he’s near the 230 plateau.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The problem with trying to trade Price is who is the Price of 2018? Is he the flub of last year or the Price of old. Nobody really knows. Other GM's will want to know for sure before risking and taking on an $84M contract. As such, they will low ball offer and push for a lot of salary retention until he can prove he is the Price of old. So, if you want to trade him now, expect little in return.
Superstars usually aren't available to begin with. Him coming off a bad year is a buy opportunity for these guys. The Islanders for example were dead last in save percentage last year and it cost them the playoffs and maybe John Tavares. Price would look awfully good for them esp given the fact that they just lost their franchise player. It's not just contenders who'd want him, it would be clubs who are trying to make the playoffs.

And we have the luxury of more cap space than we know what to do with. No UFAs want to come here. We're not going anywhere for the next few years anyway so we could eat a bunch of that contract in the coming seasons and let the other club be on the hook for the later years... it's not that hard to do.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
As much as I love Price, I wish he would just ask for a trade. He's never going to win anything here. Get some assets back and gain the ability to really tank hard, and let Carey go compete for a cup.

It would be a real shame if he retired without a cup ring. Not happening In Montreal within the next 5 years, that's almost a given.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I love Price. He is still the best goalie in the league in my opinion. That being said, I really don't care about his feelings. He knew damn well what he was getting himself into when he signed that contract, and he 100% deserves criticism for his embarrassing performance last year. He is about to get paid 10.5 f***ing million dollars every year for the next 8 years. However, he is most definitely not the only one to blame for last year. This still doesn't excuse his abysmal play last year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I love Price. He is still the best goalie in the league in my opinion. That being said, I really don't care about his feelings. He knew damn well what he was getting himself into when he signed that contract, and he 100% deserves criticism for his embarrassing performance last year. He is about to get paid 10.5 ****ing million dollars every year for the next 8 years. However, he is most definitely not the only one to blame for last year. This still doesn't excuse his abysmal play last year.

Agreed.

Although he is still the least of my worries at this point. I highly doubt he will have another bad year. He's way too good to repeat the awful play he had last year. But IF he does have another stinker of a year, then I'll be concerned.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->