Pre-Game Talk: carbos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Leaf fan coming in peace.

Please beat the crap out of the Bruins.
And remember, if you find yourself in a game 7, sit Jake Gardiner.
I think it would be worth it to see what happens if we dress Mr Game 7 and Mr Anti-Game 7 in the same game 7.

Best case we win. Worst case they annihilate and all of Toronto is destroyed.

Actually, both of those would be best case. Let’s do it.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Swap Eddy with Gards and I think that will be our lineup. Gardiner had a great series, and in fact that Gardiner-Fleury pairing was one of the best in the entire play-in rounds. No way that Brindy's going to break that up.
I get your love for Gardiner but its either Gardiner-Edmundson or Edmundson-Fluery.

Rod loves Edmundson too much to sit. Knowing of it goes its Fleury that sits. I don’t like because Boston will easily focus on a Gardiner Eddy pair.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I get your love for Gardiner but its either Gardiner-Edmundson or Edmundson-Fluery.

Rod loves Edmundson too much to sit. Knowing of it goes its Fleury that sits. I don’t like because Boston will easily focus on a Gardiner Eddy pair.

Gardiner-Fleury >>>>>>> Fleury-Edmundson > Gardiner-Edmundson

Gardiner and Fleury are analytical monsters when paired together. Eventually Brindy will have to break the Eddy love, won't he? Once Pesce comes back, it becomes too obvious that some mixture of Slavin/Hamilton/Skjei/Pesce/Gardiner/Fleury/Vatanen are the guys that you run with in the ECF, right? I will say that Eddy was great against the Rangers, however, I still think that Gards was at his best when playing with Fleury. To me, it's a matchup thing. I want two strong, mobile pairings in the middle to match up against the likes of DeBrusk/Kase/Coyle.

Last edited:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
VENGEANCE.
2a36eb0e72_ltpScottWalker051209.jpg

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
As long as Williams doesn't take 47 penalties in back to back games I think we'll be in better shape than we were last year. Ultimately though, if the refs call every little thing on us like they did at times in the series last year, there's not much anyone can do about it.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Gardiner-Fleury >>>>>>> Fleury-Edmundson > Gardiner-Edmundson

Gardiner and Fleury are analytical monsters when paired together. Eventually Brindy will have to break the Eddy love, won't he? Once Pesce comes back, it becomes too obvious that some mixture of Slavin/Hamilton/Skjei/Pesce/Gardiner/Fleury/Vatanen are the guys that you run with in the ECF, right? I will say that Eddy was great against the Rangers, however, I still think that Gards was at his best when playing with Fleury. To me, it's a matchup thing. I want two strong, mobile pairings in the middle to match up against the likes of DeBrusk/Kase/Coyle.
Advanced analytics are cool but Rod continues to give Gardiner the most sheltered minutes of any defender. 1st and 3rd game he played 4 less minutes than Fleury who had the 2nd lowest number by a decent amount. The 2nd game Gardiner play 4 seconds more than Fleury, who played his lowest minutes of the series. I don’t see how we take out a guy playing 18-20 minutes a night for a guy playing 8-13 minutes a night. IMO Gardiner’s numbers only look great because he is given the most favorable situations.

Rod doesn’t agree with Gardiner’s signing and is letting it be known by his time on the ice.

Last edited:

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
In general I loved our defense against the Rangers. Am I the only one who is a bit concerned with Sami Vatanen? To me he got walked too much for my comfort against skillful, dancing Rangers forwards. I could see the same thing against Marchand/Pastrnak. Fortunately Sami's offense was fantastic, and largely made up for it.

It'd be a moot point if Hamilton is comfortable enough to play as the #1RD.

I agree with everybody that we need to stay out of the farking box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad