Carabao Cup 21/22

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bradley has to learn you can't challenge somebody like that in the box.
Phillips on for Bradley at halftime, Gomez to RB and we see this game out. Bradley isn’t ready, but he is 17 and that’s fine. Would probably be fine against like Wycombe but this is still an away to a PL team. Gordon is doing fine. Does not look out of place.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
A month into the season it's clear that Tsimikas saw no games last year not because they don't rate him but because there was no way they could introduce a new player to that back line last season. Looks like a very decent player.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
A month into the season it's clear that Tsimikas saw no games last year not because they don't rate him but because there was no way they could introduce a new player to that back line last season. Looks like a very decent player.
Very impressed with him going forward. Defending he is a bit of an adventure but in terms of a backup LB, not sure how much more you can ask for

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Very impressed with him going forward. Defending he is a bit of an adventure but in terms of a backup LB, not sure how much more you can ask for
Somewhere between Alberto Moreno and Andy Robertson. But aren't all LBs? :)

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Taki has looked good. Two half-chances and two good finishes.
I know this opposition is what it is and I don't watch training, but I don't know what they seem to dislike about him so much. It's obviously something but it's not apparent to me what it is.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I know this opposition is what it is and I don't watch training, but I don't know what they seem to dislike about him so much. It's obviously something but it's not apparent to me what it is.

He's not as fast as our other players. I think it's as simple as that. Jota isn't all that fast either but his close control is excellent and because of that he can still dribble around other players.

Reactions: Burner Account

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
lol Everton
So funny story. My friend and I were both watching at our homes and we noticed (just like you probably noticed) that the QPR keeper was diving to the same spot for every PK (except the one that got retaken because of the bad Jerzy Dudek impression). And of course, the losing Everton PK went right to where the keeper had been going the entire time. Classic Ev

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
if we actually use bettinelli, loftus cheek, sarr, im pretty sure villa will destroy us.

not to mention saul looked bakayoko tier in his first match as well.

going to be tough.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs clearly don't have the squad for this. Hopefully they lose tonight - fair chance of that I would say :laugh:

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Spurs clearly don't have the squad for this. Hopefully they lose tonight - fair chance of that I would say :laugh:

This is Spurs best chance to win a trophy. You think you are too big for this cup? You guys should be all over a trophy at this point.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This is Spurs best chance to win a trophy. You think you are too big for this cup? You guys should be all over a trophy at this point.

If I think the club is too big for this cup? :laugh:

Where did that question come from?

And we are in the CL you know :laugh:

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
If I think the club is too big for this cup? :laugh:

Where did that question come from?

And we are in the CL you know :laugh:

It sounded to me a bit that you wanted them to lose because this cup is irrelevant and you are aiming for bigger things.

Did you write CL just to imagine it's Champions League you are competing in? :D But that is also a good chance to win a trophy you're right about that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It sounded to me a bit that you wanted them to lose because this cup is irrelevant and you are aiming for bigger things.

Did you write CL just to imagine it's Champions League you are competing in? :D But that is also a good chance to win a trophy you're right about that.

I do believe anything except the CL (the real one), PL and the FA Cup is quite irrelevant. That is true. But I don't believe Spurs will win anything this year regardless - so it wasn't because I think Spurs are too big for the League Cup.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Not surprising. They made the cup to make money - not because it makes any sense to have two cup tournaments.

I don't mind the final - you still want to win it if you are in it, but I hate that teams are now feeling pressure from especially the media to take it seriously. Why not make a third cup when you are at it? It would be absurd.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not surprising. They made the cup to make money - not because it makes any sense to have two cup tournaments.

I don't mind the final - you still want to win it if you are in it, but I hate that teams are now feeling pressure from especially the media to take it seriously. Why not make a third cup when you are at it? It would be absurd.
There was a time where I thought the dismissiveness of the League Cup was the height of "big club" obnoxiousness and condescension, but with the calendar as it is now, it would be crazy to go full throttle in this competition. These international weeks where players are asked to play three games in six days are nuts and that's before you take into account the other Cup plus continental competitions.

Reactions: Havre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad