Carabao Cup 2020/21

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Yes. Again. To all of the above.

disagree. The game wasn’t close. Everton were never in it, and were lucky not to be down 2 or 3 goals at half. The referee was watching Cavani and the Everton player. They were wrestling and could have gotten yellows. Maybe an overzealous ref goes red. But there was no luck in that game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
disagree. The game wasn’t close. Everton were never in it, and were lucky not to be down 2 or 3 goals at half. The referee was watching Cavani and the Everton player. They were wrestling and could have gotten yellows. Maybe an overzealous ref goes red. But there was no luck in that game.
I didn’t say Everton was in the game. I did say United have once again benefited from inconsistent officiating.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Surprised City didn't get handed Brentford in the semis. They've had some sweetheart draws in plenty of cups.
The exception is in when domestic cups when they don’t want to risk losing out on a Manchester derby.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Brentford have beaten more PL sides to get to this stage than Sheff United, West Brom and Fulham combined this season (4)

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Brentford are hardly some obscure 3rd or 4th tier side. They have a decent chance at promotion to the Premier League this year and are one of the top sides in the Championship. I think Spurs could be caught out here very easily if they don't approach the game the right way.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Classic Mourinho. Loading up the box with CMs :sarcasm:

Always makes me happy to see how Sissoko almost glows after scoring goals - which doesn't happen often.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This offside review is criminal. It was clearly off with the knee and it took them a solid 2 minutes to figure it out.

Unless that Spursplayer has a 20cm long ankle of course.

So lucky though. Spurs really can't defend deadball situations for ÷&#&&$=^.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Looked a bit unlucky, but don't think he can complain much about that one.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Still think he will lose the final :laugh:

Not sure how much one can read into these things? Sample size will always be small, but probably fair to say that Mourinho is relatively speaking better at "counter-play" than "own-play"? And that "counter-play" might matter more in the latter stages in cup competitions than in the league.

Hopefully he proves me wrong by winning the league, but losing in all the cups :DD

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
COVID City with a few more positives. No one important so the match will go on today.

That is the criteria now? :laugh: (not laughing at you)

I still can't get why there can't be an open/transparent "protocol" for when matches are getting postponed or not. It can't be that if Kane and Son get infected Spurs are pushing to get a game postponed, but not if it is Lucas and Davies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
That is the criteria now? :laugh: (not laughing at you)

I still can't get why there can't be an open/transparent "protocol" for when matches are getting postponed or not. It can't be that if Kane and Son get infected Spurs are pushing to get a game postponed, but not if it is Lucas and Davies.

it was tongue in cheek but yea I'm pretty sure that's how they're approaching it.

Like I think if James/Lingard were positive for United, it'd be the same. But if it were Bruno & Rashford - they'd pause

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
City clearly exploiting United's obsession with playing the FBs narrow though. Run attackers diagonally into the formation which pulls the defenders to one side and the FB along with them. Then the wide attacker (Foden has had a couple times) has 20 yards of space to either work a cross or drive the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad