Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] D Tony DeAngelo signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $1M)

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It’s not about being intellectual.

“DeAngelo has a history of disciplinary issues. He was suspended twice during his junior career in the OHL, including for violating the league's policy covering "homophobic, racist, and sexist language" and abuse of officials. He also was suspended for three NHL games in 2017, while with the Arizona Coyotes, for physical abuse of officials.”

Don’t believe everything you read. You also must be a huge fan of the Habs draft choice. LOL
Yea this is garbage. And the official thing was a soft call that was prob more reputation then anything If you re-watch it. Very talented with the puck on his stick. Def better then Guss. Watch what he’s does in the first 20-25 games with the canes.
Their fans are gona love him fairly quickly.

Reactions: mj2sexay

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Abuse of officials incident was visually laughable. Don't know if there was a verbal component to it.
If he hasn't had any verbal issues since the OHL, that should speak to his ability to grow from that incident.
He got into hot water with the Rangers mostly for sounding off on social media, yes? Or remind me what else happened?
I get fighting Georgiev was the last straw but it's not out there. How many stories do you hear about teammates fighting in practice? It happens from time to time. how many of those players get the "doesn't deserve a second chance" label?

Reactions: mj2sexay

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I like this move for the Cames. Low risk high reward and really being a Trumpet in Carolina probably works.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
You paid Aho when he got offer sheeted, had no problems with lowballing him before that.
The face of the franchise.

The 6.2Mx8 for Hamilton was a complete joke.

TT is not getting big time money, he’s getting top6 money.

Carolina had a great looking future but this offseason has put a major hit on it

I agree that the 8x6.2 Dougie was a joke. I’m fine with not paying him what the Devils did or even $8+ as I think you can make an argument that it’s a bad contract that just isn’t worth it in the end. But to not even offer something in the $7.5 range is basically saying we don’t want you back because it’s not reasonable to think he’d accept under that.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Omg they’re such jerksssss. They should climb Mount Everest and beg for forgiveness and even in the skies God will not listen.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Not to be political but obviously DeAngelo has character issues that may or may no go away. If they do not go away the Canes can bury him, if they do they have an offensively good but defensively horrid defensemand at a low cost for one year.

Obviously the Canes are aware of the character issues which is why the contract is a one-year deal. It´s a low-risk high reward type of contact.

Personally i think he´ll put his foot in the crap again but you never know.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I liked ADA on the rangers and was sad he was fired. I'm a little surprised this is he best deal he could get, though. That said, it's his next deal that has the potential to blow up IMO. Hopefully he's learned from his past and can have a regular NHL career.
If he stays clean and quiet for the whole season, and plays the same role he did for NYR last year , he’ll easily put up 60+ points and then cash out

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Nobody ever mentions the Rangers suspended him for a couple? of games prior to the Georgiev incident. Why? Taking a bad double minor penalty (maybe it involved verbal abuse of official but can't remember). That's likely most of his problem right there. Just too mouthy. Maturity can fix that.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Nobody ever mentions the Rangers suspended him for a couple? of games prior to the Georgiev incident. Why? Taking a bad double minor penalty (maybe it involved verbal abuse of official but can't remember). That's likely most of his problem right there. Just too mouthy. Maturity can fix that.
He'd fit right in as an HFboards member. Half the people that complain about this kid act the exact same way on this board.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
David Quinn hated him from the beginning

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Tony is just not a person that's easy to like. Bag of rocks personality.

I'm sorry for the mess the Hurricanes have brought on themselves

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Probably produces close to Hamilton for a fraction of the price. Hurricanes are going to be good next year.

If DeAngelo gets regular even strength minutes with the Aho line, is the 1st unit PPQB and keeps out of trouble,yeah, I see no reason he won’t hit at least 40pts.

That’s a lot of Ifs, though. I hope he truly realizes what he needs to do to be successful.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If DeAngelo gets regular even strength minutes with the Aho line, is the 1st unit PPQB and keeps out of trouble,yeah, I see no reason he won’t hit at least 40pts.

That’s a lot of Ifs, though. I hope he truly realizes what he needs to do to be successful.

Something to prove on a 1 year contract and a dynamic offence in Carolina... Those numbers are going to look pretty good imo.

cwgatti

Mar 3, 2006
"I think we're splitting hairs here. "Official" versus "unofficial" trade request. Is "open to a move" really all that different? Does it matter if the Rangers are equally "open to a move" because Georgiev may not be a unanimously well-liked teammate?"

Frank Sierevelli on twitter.

Don Waddell says that most all teammates he asked had high opinion of Tone DeAngelo...

Probably more than one reason why JD & Gorton were canned, but this couldn't have helped matters.

Maybe Georgiev was the problem that day?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Maybe your students get F's because their teacher is operating from an ideological bias. Par for the course unfortunately when it comes to that profession and also why my kids will go to a heavily vetted private school.

Google has literally been caught throttling information on the basis of ideology, the fact that you're presenting it as some neutral search engine speaks as much volume as your position that Wikipedia is some neutral source.
Let's not kid ourselves, everyone works from an ideological bias, and pretending that anyone or anything acts otherwise is incredibly naive

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe your students get F's because their teacher is operating from an ideological bias. Par for the course unfortunately when it comes to that profession and also why my kids will go to a heavily vetted private school.

Google has literally been caught throttling information on the basis of ideology, the fact that you're presenting it as some neutral search engine speaks as much volume as your position that Wikipedia is some neutral source.
It is a bit strange that you are taking a flippant comment and using it to get on a soapbox about how Google and Wikipedia censor the truth.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016

Start off insulting me and my profession, than talk about sending your kids to “a heavily vetted private school” without knowing what kind of school I teach at, claim my students get F’s based on my “ideological bias” when I very specifically noted it was because of a lack of effort and then finish up making it crystal clear that you don’t know how to do research.

I’m betting your kids teachers will love dealing with you.

I’ll move on, since talking to you is exactly like talking to those kids who get F’s because they don’t put in effort and blame everyone else. o_O

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Don Waddell says that most all teammates he asked had high opinion of Tone DeAngelo...
Yes. But if you're picking a questionable guy for the reason that he's dimes-per-dollar, would you own up that yeah, guys told me he's kind of dick and that the whole thing's a huge gamble, but we like the price tag so you know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad