GDT: CAR - TBL

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
If mrazek lets in goals while not even half of an AHL squad is iced in front of him and facing tampas top lines he should be wavied. The hot taeks are staring early i guess.

Oh damn this is their NHL vs our AHL line up. Why is it that I feel that Tampa is the one team Carolina is never ever able to beat?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If Mrazek allows some goals, but prevents others, we should not make any judgments because it's a preseason game against a team that's icing a bunch of NHL regulars.

There, now our bases are covered.

Not completely covered. You've left open one possibility for Mrazek's save%:

tenor.gif

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Here da lines

Zykov-Wallmark-Svechnikov
McGinn-Martinook-Di Giuseppe
Saarela-Bishop-Pu
Geekie-McKegg-Brown

Bean-McKeown
Fleury-van Riemsdyk
Cajkovsky-Renouf

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic

Also it said mrazek may play the whole game they don't know yet

Holy shit, when you put it out there like that it doesn’t even look like an AHL lineup. Dear God.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Hot take: Dan Ellis was pretty good for the Canes, until he was rushed back from an injury because Cam also got injured. (if my memory is working)

Ellis was scheduled for a start, but became sick...Ward played and injured his MCL. After Ward was out for the year, Ellis and Peters split starts...both with sub-900 SV% after Ward's injury.

I think Ellis was OK as a backup...but he couldn't hack it as a starter.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Does the US baseball know tactical ball drops btw?

In the Finnish version, if a defending player catches the stricken ball straight from air before it hits the ground, the baserunners who are moving between bases at that strike (but make it safely to the base before the ball gets there) get "wounded", meaning that they are removed from the baserunning but it doesn't count as an out.

Guys who are more batters than runners (and come to the batting plate with the purpose to move the existant runners in the field up bases with the first two strikes) often try with their final third strike to wound themselves with an intentional easy-catch strike so they don't have to do the running duties beyond the the lazy jog to the 1st.

The defending players, obviously aware of this, often will initially make the easy catch but then immediately and obviously open the glove and let the ball drop, to make it not count as a straight catch so the fat **** won't get wounded but instead will need to become a baserunner.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Here da lines

Zykov-Wallmark-Svechnikov
McGinn-Martinook-Di Giuseppe
Saarela-Bishop-Pu
Geekie-McKegg-Brown

Bean-McKeown
Fleury-van Riemsdyk
Cajkovsky-Renouf

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic

Also it said mrazek may play the whole game they don't know yet

Is it just me, or is there an inordinate amount of "K"s in that lineup? The 3rd line doesn't stand a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad