Confirmed Trade: [CAR/MIN] Nino Niederreiter for Victor Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Lot of posters here haven't watched Wild i see. Nino has been trash for two seasons now while getting to play with guys like Staal,Koivu and Granlund. He has lost his skating and shot.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
not a hockey trade. seems like a trade by minny to salvage value for a guy who was not getting out of the doghouse with the current coach.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
With all the love for the canes I’m expecting Rask to put up 50points in minny... that’s just the way it works here at hf

Reactions: DaveG

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I don't think it's as bad as the majority of you are claiming. Nino is overrated based on that one 57 point season. He leaves you wanting more on a consistent basis.

Rask may very well bounce back in a new environment. Everyone who leaves Carolina recently seemingly does.

In saying that, it's a deal that makes a ton of sense for Carolina and clearly a deal they couldn't reject.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
This is a very even trade to be fair. Overall Rask has a better PPG and is a centre.

Nino has not been delivering the numbers expected of him. 1 awesome season but thats it.

Rask is younger and a change of scenery may be best for both players.

Good trade for both teams. Not as one sided as people think
What the hell are you talking about Rask has a lower PPG than Niederreiter each of the past 3 seasons while being an utterly miserable drain on possession. He's worse than Brandon Sutter.

Niederreiter is having a mediocre season but he was great last year. On top of that, he has had fantastic underlying numbers in the past. This is a massive win for the Canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad