GDT: CAR-DET. Take your BP medicine early because you're gonna need it.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
How many can you spell without looking? How bout pronounce?

Used to use CVS and the automated system would butcher the words worse then me.

My Prasugrel it would destroy
Hmm, good question. I think all of them I'm currently on at least, but then they all have alternate names I don't know as well, and that's probably like only half. The past ones, yeesh.

Reactions: Tryamw

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
So without looking

Carvedidol
Parsugrel
Lisinopril
Omeprazol
Rosuvastatin

Tidbit my gastro doc that got me on omeprazol is Indian and told me he was prescribing me Ohm-E-Pray-Zol

When I tried to get it refilled the ladies at the pharmacy laughed their asses off at me and knew who wrote the scrip. Since its pronounced oh-mep-ra-zol

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
I was on Lisinopril, but the dry cough side effect impacted me and was unbearable. I had a constant dry cough. The Dr. switched me to Losartan, but now has migrated me to irbesartan as he said it was better.
I was on lisinopril for years, then i was in Boston and all of a sudden my lips started swelling up, looked awful, looked like Megan Fox. Now I’m on amlodopine besylate and my lips are back to normal. I read on Facebook that lisinopril comes from snake venom, so it must be true.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I was on Lisinopril, but the dry cough side effect impacted me and was unbearable. I had a constant dry cough. The Dr. switched me to Losartan, but now has migrated me to irbesartan as he said it was better.

I'm only on 2 meds. That one and statin drugs for hereditary high cholesterol.

Same story for me. I was taking Lisinopril for a while and one day I developed a dry cough. I lived with that a lot longer than I should have. One day I got so fed up I finally googled it and the first result was that side effect. Doc switched to Olmesartan and I've been good ever since. I also have hereditary high cholesterol. I'm the only kid out of 4 that inherited both.
Been on it for a little while now and had no idea that was a side effect. Hopefully I can get off of it next doc appt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad