Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] D Dmitry Orlov signs with the Hurricanes (2 years, $7.75M AAV)

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Capsnplayers like going to Carolina alot for some reason. Orlov , Semin , TVR etc. Suorised Orlov took only a 2 year deal. Good signing by the Canes. Their blueline is always strong.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Way too much money. Awful. Why not keep Pesce?
Because he will want term, and CAR doesn't want to be dealing with it for the next 8 years. I thought this was crazy when I first heard it, but now I think it's a good deal for both sides(assuming that CAR can fit him).

They need Necas, TT, and maybe Jarvis to up their game next season, and more than anything, have Svech healthy for the playoffs.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Because he will want term, and CAR doesn't want to be dealing with it for the next 8 years. I thought this was crazy when I first heard it, but now I think it's a good deal for both sides(assuming that CAR can fit him).

They need Necas, TT, and maybe Jarvis to up their game next season, and more than anything, have Svech healthy for the playoffs.
They also have Skjei who’s a year older, and needs a contract at the same time. Who plays left side like Orlov and is going to be overpriced because he scored 18 goals. They both may be gone but you’d think Skjei would go directly from Orlov. Neither belong on the third pair.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
All NHL players should be saying, "I want his agent"(My Cousin Vinny). Gets paid, gets chance to win cup, AND gets one more contracts when the cap escalates. Canes are lucky to get him, but Dmitry made out great here.

Reactions: Stickpucker

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
When you discard your trash like MaxPac can you please do it in a way the Caps GM does not see it next time. Now he is our problem, one of many.

I was actually hoping we'd bring him back as a kind of lottery ticket, but not at what you signed him for. He looked really good in the handful of games he played for us. IF the achilles holds up he could be a nice addition. Of course that's a big IF.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Any sourc

I was actually hoping we'd bring him back as a kind of lottery ticket, but not at what you signed him for. He looked really good in the handful of games he played for us. IF the achilles holds up he could be a nice addition. Of course that's a big IF.
Over the course of his entire career he has gotten injured a lot, we already have one of those named T.J. Oshie. I have zero faith in MaxPac what so ever and our GM should be fired for that signing.

Carolina was smart, they did not keep him.
The Capitals were desperate so they grabbed their ankles...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad