Trade: [CAR/CHI] 2023 1st overall pick for 2023 9th overall, 2023 61st overall, 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, and DJ Moore

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
They’re a QB away from good but that was before losing DJ and CMC. Creates some wholes there.

I feel like every year, the next year is the better class but won't pretend to know. The Panthers and Reich just got painful reminders how important the QB position is. I'm not surprised their going all in on one.
Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are getting ridiculous hype, especially the latter as being generational QB's.

I personally love Michael Penix Jr at UW. he stayed in school this year but the only reason his stock is down is a couple of ACL injuries. Bo Nix looks promising at Oregon, Quinn Ewers gets some hype as well but i've not really watch him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are getting ridiculous hype, especially the latter as being generational QB's.

I personally love Michael Penix Jr at UW. he stayed in school this year but the only reason his stock is down is a couple of ACL injuries. Bo Nix looks promising at Oregon, Quinn Ewers gets some hype as well but i've not really watch him.
Levis came off a strong 2021 and a combination of poor play with a new OC and injuries to shoulder and toe hampered in. So nothing is a sure thing for Maye and Williams.

A lot of 3rd year ncaa kids to keep your eye on. McCarthy at Michigan. Ewers at Texas who will feel the pressure of Arch manning if Ewers doesn’t deliver next season, Dart from Ole Miss who had a couple of former starters transfer in.

Van Dyke from Miami had a bad season in 2022 and thus returned for another season at Miami.

McCord should be the new starter at OSU but he’d be wise to stay 2 years as the starter. The loser of the competition between McCord and Brown I would bet transfers as they brought in a freshman QB this class.

Even teams with legit QBs can tumble to the bottom of the standings.

Murray, Stafford, Wilson, Ryan, Carr. Not sure how many expected all 5 Of these vets to have their teams in the bottom 7 in the nfl last season on opening day.

With Penix, 2 acl tears already. Is it the same knee or one to each knee? I can’t recall many QBs with multiple acl tears. Watson right now. Think there was white at Oklahoma back in the Bradford era who had at least 2 acl injuries.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

KJ Jefferson from Arkansas is pretty good. Jayden Daniels has some potential too.

Reactions: Scomerica

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
KJ Jefferson from Arkansas is pretty good. Jayden Daniels has some potential too.
Seen plenty of hype from drafts with 4/5 QBs and it hasn’t planned out really.

Baker, Darnold and Rosen
Lance an unknown, Wilson massive disappointment. Fields still waiting. With the trade no excuses for him to put up or shut up. Will be have weapons. Expect them to use pick 9 on OL. The seconds (Bal and SF plus their own 3rd) either another OL and DL.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Moore was the WR that Carolina remembers took off his helmet after the improbable TD reception from Walker in the dying seconds vs ATL on 4th down, For the 15 yard penalty and the K missed the 48 yard PAT.

5th year WR not a rookie or even Second year guy.

Claypool as a second year guy had that infamous celebration of a first down when his Steelers were trying to run a 2 minute drill vs Minny.

That’s the bears 2 top WR.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Moore was the WR that Carolina remembers took off his helmet after the improbable TD reception from Walker in the dying seconds vs ATL on 4th down, For the 15 yard penalty and the K missed the 48 yard PAT.
Claypool as a second year guy had that infamous celebration of a first down when his Steelers were trying to run a 2 minute drill vs Minny.
What about Moody ?
Is he considered the Bears best receiver the last few years?

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015

Bear down

I hope Carter falls and they draft him, too

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I guess im the only one who thinks the return to go from 1 to 9 isnt that impressive, i've always loved DJ Moore though but still in a bad QB situation

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I guess im the only one who thinks the return to go from 1 to 9 isnt that impressive, i've always loved DJ Moore though but still in a bad QB situation

Yeah I felt it was a little light too, especially with the other 2nd being in 2025, Moore is a nice player, but how much might he be diminished by Fields' underwhelming passing skills?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Forgetting Darnell Mooney

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not super thrilled with drop to 9 but overall deal is fine

Moore is now #1 WR which should push Mooney to #2 and Claypool to #3 if he doesn't completely blow

No more excuses for Fields. He either takes major step next season as a passer or Bears draft his replacement

Need to draft a pash rusher or two early in draft and probably bring in another in FA to start and improve D

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not super thrilled with drop to 9 but overall deal is fine

Moore is now #1 WR which should push Mooney to #2 and Claypool to #3 if he doesn't completely blow

No more excuses for Fields. He either takes major step next season as a passer or Bears draft his replacement

Need to draft a pash rusher or two early in draft and probably bring in another in FA to start and improve D
Weapons are set with kmet at TE as well in addition to RB. Stabilize the OL and regardless of the D it’s on fields to produce.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
They get multiple 1sts, 2nds and an actual #1 WR option. The draft isn't like it used to be, you're almost just as likely to get an elite player at #9 overall as #1, or anywhere in the first round.

The first overall just isn't that special anymore. The Panthers will do well to even get another Jared Goff.

If the Panthers had the #1 choice overall, I would do this deal every single day and twice on Sunday, the day where the Panthers are going to lose tons of games forever now.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think the Bears did very well. That is a LOT of capital acquired for moving down 8 spots.

Clearly CAR willl draft a QB at 1. There will be growing pains. That 1st in 2024 could be top 10.

It could go either way.

NFC/south is extremely weak but then again no QB in this draft is just expected to enter and dominate and Carolina just traded their WR away from the new QB.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
They get multiple 1sts, 2nds and an actual #1 WR option. The draft isn't like it used to be, you're almost just as likely to get an elite player at #9 overall as #1, or anywhere in the first round.

The first overall just isn't that special anymore. The Panthers will do well to even get another Jared Goff.

If the Panthers had the #1 choice overall, I would do this deal every single day and twice on Sunday, the day where the Panthers are going to lose tons of games forever now.
I mean that’s not true at all. Lawrence, Borrows, Murray. If anything with the importance of QBs the high picks are more important than ever.

Reactions: Voight

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Now that Ive thought about it more, I think this is pretty fair deal. The Panthers didnt overpay imo.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
If this is the Caleb Williams draft, Bears are are staying at one and saying bye to Fields imo.

I do not think keeping Fields and trading the pick is necessarily a vote of confidence for Fields. I just think this draft has questionable prospects. Ironically, Carolina could finish in last next year. Meaning the Bears may face the Fields vs Williams decision next year. This is a big year for Fields future as a Bear.

Regardless, Bears won this trade. I think Carolina is crazy giving all of that up for non elite QB prospects. Give it up for Manning, Burrow, or Lawrence prospects? Sure. Definitely not these guys.

This feels like a decision by the owner.

I mean that’s not true at all. Lawrence, Borrows, Murray. If anything with the importance of QBs the high picks are more important than ever.
Murray is not even close to the other two.

He has been kind of a dissapointment thus far.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If this is the Caleb Williams draft, Bears are are staying at one and saying bye to Fields imo.

I do not think keeping Fields and trading the pick is necessarily a vote of confidence for Fields. I just think this draft has questionable prospects. Ironically, Carolina could finish in last next year. Meaning the Bears may face the Fields vs Williams decision next year. This is a big year for Fields future as a Bear.

Regardless, Bears won this trade. I think Carolina is crazy giving all of that up for non elite QB prospects. Give it up for Manning, Burrow, or Lawrence prospects? Sure. Definitely not these guys.

This feels like a decision by the owner.

Murray is not even close to the other two.

He has been kind of a dissapointment thus far.
People have to understand that teams who hold the top pick to high end QBs in the draft won't be trading the pick.

I mean, let's say Caleb Williams meets the hype in 2024 draft. The only teams I could see who would deal the pick are the following, every other team holds onto it.

KC with Mahomes. Bills with Allen. Cin with Burrow. LAC with Herbert. Jax with Lawrence. Clev has no pick. Asking a lot of Williams to be as good as these 5 Qbs.
Now, Add in whichever team signs a multi year deal with Lamar, Hurts if he signs this offseason, Denver with Wilson and AZ with Murray, will have massive dead caps for 2024 if they move off their guy. They'd have to work the phones to see what they could do because they won't get the full benefit of the rookie QB contract if they are eating massive dead caps in 2024 and 2025 (Post June 1 cut) or whatever trade they can work out.

Everyone else, even if they are eating some dead cap in 2024, would get rid of a Dak, Jones, Smith, Carr, Goff, etc. and Draft Williams.

Like you said, Chicago would be dumping Fields if Williams was draft eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad