Trade: [CAR/CHI] 2023 1st overall pick for 2023 9th overall, 2023 61st overall, 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, and DJ Moore

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
“A first round pick in 2024”

So is it their’s?
I mean you always have to nervous trading your future 1sts when you currently aren’t good.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I wonder if it’s Stoud or Young

I don’t think that’s true at all. There’s not a Lawrence, sure thing, but Young and Stroud have a decent chance at being successful NFL QBs
Feel like every QB in this draft has some sort of flaw which makes me wonder if it's worth the trade up (I get why they did it). It's low risk for Chicago, if Justin Fields is a bust and you suck next year then you are picking high in what I think is a better QB draft class.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

So is it their’s?
I mean you always have to nervous trading your future 1sts when you currently aren’t good.
Carolina only had their own 2024 first rounder. I would take Stroud over Young. If he uses his feet more like va Georgia aka Herbert in the rose bowl that’s probably who I roll with.

Carolina has to play like second half Carolina. Nfc is a weaker conference. I believe the nfc south plays the nfc North and afc south.

They also have the 3rd place schedule so they get giants and Rams along with Miami.

Atl and TB unknown at QB for now. NO has Carr. Nfc North is Cousins, Goff, Fields, and likely Love. Afc south is Lawrence, Young likely either on Houston or Indy. Titans probably Tanny or Willis. Not sure who the last QB would be. If Houston passes up on young they would return Mills. Indy no clue.

Rams is Stafford. Giants is Jones. Miami is Tua if healthy.

Nfc is wide open. Especially the south.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Carolina only had their own 2024 first rounder. I would take Stroud over Young. If he uses his feet more like va Georgia aka Herbert in the rose bowl that’s probably who I roll with.

Carolina has to play like second half Carolina. Nfc is a weaker conference. I believe the nfc south plays the nfc North and afc south.

They also have the 3rd place schedule so they get giants and Rams along with Miami.

Atl and TB unknown at QB for now. NO has Carr. Nfc North is Cousins, Goff, Fields, and likely Love. Afc south is Lawrence, Young likely either on Houston or Indy. Titans probably Tanny or Willis. Not sure who the last QB would be. If Houston passes up on young they would return Mills. Indy no clue.

Rams is Stafford. Giants is Jones. Miami is Tua if healthy.

Nfc is wide open. Especially the south.
I'm not sure the Dolphins are sold on Tua. He played a bit better last year but can't stay healthy.

Cardinals will be taking phone calls for that 3rd pick

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
No complaints as a Bears fan beyond maybe being greedy and hoping that desperation would grow closer to the draft, but that's obviously with risk of interest drying up.

I'll take it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm not sure the Dolphins are sold on Tua. He played a bit better last year but can't stay healthy.

Cardinals will be taking phone calls for that 3rd pick
Miami picked up his 5th year option.

AZ is then looking at the 3rd QB in either AR who should sit or Levis.

Wildcard if Ryans says he wouldn’t draft the smaller Young if Stroud is taken by Carolina. Would rather build the Defence up first. Then AZ would hold the 2nd qb spot.

They are financially committed to Murray for 2023 and 2024 with $33 mill dead cap if he’s cut before 2025 season. So they wouldn’t have the cap room to spend on other talent anyways with a new rookie. Contract.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Panthers have to do what they have to do because without a QB you are nowhere…

That being said…this isn’t the year I’d want to get to 1. There’s no obvious first overall guy. And when that is the case…you have as good of a shot taking the 4th guy as the 1st one. Mayfield and Darnold went above Allen and Jackson in this exact situation. Rosen went ahead of Jackson too. You just can’t know no matter how many people you have working on it.

Is it better to have 1 so you can get your first choice? It seems obvious that it should be. But I don’t think it’s actually true.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm also on board with Detroit taking Jalen Carter if he falls to #6 now
I don't see Dan "No Turds Allowed" Campbell and crew being interested in Carter, not to mention the rumors of him being lazy which is another Campbell no no.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

That being said…this isn’t the year I’d want to get to 1. There’s no obvious first overall guy. And when that is the case…you have as good of a shot taking the 4th guy as the 1st one. Mayfield and Darnold went above Allen and Jackson in this exact situation. Rosen went ahead of Jackson too. You just can’t know no matter how many people you have working on it.

Is it better to have 1 so you can get your first choice? It seems obvious that it should be. But I don’t think it’s actually true.
Problem for Carolina is that 4 may not be around at 9. Seattle, Detroit could drop down. Even the raiders, May drop if they sign Jimmy.

You’d think Reich would have time.

Too bad Corral got hurt early and never saw the field. Would have been good for them like Atl with ridder to see what they had with him.

Carolina moved up from rd 4 with NE to get him in rd 3 and now owe their 3rd as well to NE.

Wonder if they try to flip Corral for a 4 or even a 5 to recoup a pick back. No point in having 2 guys who haven’t taken a snap on your 53 man roster.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
If you reach and pick the wrong QB though you are also dooming yourself. Got to think they pick young but what if they fell for the Johnston combine hype

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

So is it their’s?
They identified their guy. And when he’s your guy, he’s your guy. Bears didn’t mind it, their pick was #6 last year. And now they’ve been rewarded, in part.

Reactions: Voight

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
No more excuses for Frank Reich. You have the pick pick of the litter. Let’s see if he can develop a young QB the right way. Wonder if it will be Stroud or Young? I’d lean to Stroud personally.

Helluva haul for the Bears getting multiple firsts and a quality wide receiver thrown in.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
They'll take the QB from Florida.

Better to have two QB's who can run and can't pass than one.
I’m thinking Poles goes way off the board and takes some guy nobody has ever heard of then justifies it by saying “well he crushed the shit out of it in Madden simulations”.

I give him credit he got a lot for the pick, but having a number WR means nothing if the QB can’t get him the ball and is running for his life every snap.

Dingleberry

Jun 18, 2019
Come Panthers take Richardson I dare you, I want chaos.

"I can change him" - Frank Reich probably

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

So is it their’s?
They’re a QB away from good but that was before losing DJ and CMC. Creates some wholes there.
Feel like every QB in this draft has some sort of flaw which makes me wonder if it's worth the trade up (I get why they did it). It's low risk for Chicago, if Justin Fields is a bust and you suck next year then you are picking high in what I think is a better QB draft class.
I feel like every year, the next year is the better class but won't pretend to know. The Panthers and Reich just got painful reminders how important the QB position is. I'm not surprised their going all in on one.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No more excuses for Frank Reich. You have the pick pick of the litter. Let’s see if he can develop a young QB the right way. Wonder if it will be Stroud or Young? I’d lean to Stroud personally.

Helluva haul for the Bears getting multiple firsts and a quality wide receiver thrown in.
I would lean stroud. Bigger body and you finally saw him use his legs vs Georgia. Only reason I can guess he didn’t want to run much at OSU is the quality of the QB room. If he goes down and McCord steps in and plays well he’d be out of the job.

Carolina deals an extra first plus their second in 2025 and SF second in 2023 plus Moore a WR who finished his 5 year rookie deal and is making mid to high teens base salary for the next 3 seasons. More experienced than Claypool. Bears were wise to get a WR since fields is unlikely to attract too WR to join him with what he’s shown so far in his passing game.

Carolina still has their own second and SF third to work with on day 2 to add help for their QB. Good draft for TE so should add that position.

Reactions: BergyTime37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad