Confirmed with Link: [CAR/AZ] Shayne Gostisbehere for a 2026 3rd round draft pick

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Nah. We need to spread them out. Max 50 contracts.
Likely won't sign 4 or 5 per year in the three drafts prior to 2026. Also need to package picks in a current draft to move up.

I guess I need to trust the expert. The man with the plan. Still a disappointing return.

Reactions: ck26

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
No retention, no cap dump back, straight trade for a 3rd is probably fair.

When I was talking all that mad shit about getting a first, I was kinda thinking we'd have to retain and take a dump back. But straight trade? Yeah a 3rd is about fair.

Reactions: jmelm

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Likely won't sign 4 or 5 per year in the three drafts prior to 2026. Also need to package picks in a current draft to move up.

I guess I need to trust the expert. The man with the plan. Still a disappointing return.
Its a little light if we retained. If we didn’t retain it’s market value.

Ahhh man, that's not enough for Ghost. It's really not.
Well we also received Dudas and Lipkin in the trades involving Ghost.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Its a little light if we retained. If we didn’t retain it’s market value.

Well we also received Dudas and Lipkin in the trades involving Ghost.
It's market if it's this year, maybe '24.

Anyway not overly significant either way. A player picked in the 3rd round in '23 or in '26 isn't likely to be much of a contributor to the team's long term success.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's market if it's this year, maybe '24.

Anyway not overly significant either way. A player picked in the 3rd round in '23 or in '26 isn't likely to be much of a contributor to the team's long term success.
Move up to grab a player scouts love like Geekie.

Confirmed no retention

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This means the Coyotes are broke and truly can’t do anything with cash. They’re going out of business.
No. It means they have plans for the other retention slot. They needed a team to take Goatibehere without retention which limited the market.

Reactions: jmelm and Jakey53

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Feel like they allowed him to choose where he wanted to go. Maybe that’s why we got a 3rd or maybe it’s the rolling the dice that Carolina drops in the future kind of thing. Either way thanks Ghost for every thing!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad