Confirmed with Link: CAR/ARIZ: Marcus Kruger (10% retained by CAR), 2018 3rd for Jordan Martinook, 2018 4th

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree that he has that aptitude and showed some of it previously. Also, I think the damage has largely been done to his offensive development and it’s badically irreparable at this point. Might as well run Crouse-Kruger-Cousins.
You always come back to his offensive development. He never was a offensive dynamo, ever. That will not be his game in the NHL either. Crouse is 6'4" , 220 bruiser, skates very well and will be a great net presence, something we need badly. I'm tickled pink that Chayka is staying with the rebuild. He is doing it the right way.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
2nd. 34th overall. I ****ing HATE this fact. Just for the privilege or ruining Crouse’s upside. Idiots. Thank god that page has been turned for good.

Yeah, that 2nd may have put us in a prime spot to draft someone like Dellandrea, Thomas, Woo, McIssac, or Sandin. Blergh.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You always come back to his offensive development. He never was a offensive dynamo, ever. That will not be his game in the NHL either. Crouse is 6'4" , 220 bruiser, skates very well and will be a great net presence, something we need badly.
I'm inclined to agree with you, but playing him a halfseason on the fourth line did nothing for him.

It also doesn't make giving away a second rounder just to utilize him as a completely replaceable fourth liner for the short term any less idiotic.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You always come back to his offensive development. He never was a offensive dynamo, ever. That will not be his game in the NHL either. Crouse is 6'4" , 220 bruiser, skates very well and will be a great net presence, something we need badly. I'm tickled pink that Chayka is staying with the rebuild. He is doing it the right way.
Incorrect. You didn’t pay attention to his draft season.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

You obviously will disagree (and have disagreed), but in general more is expected from a Top 11 draft pick. Which is probably why Florida moved on from Crouse rather quickly.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, that 2nd may have put us in a prime spot to draft someone like Dellandrea, Thomas, Woo, McIssac, or Sandin. Blergh.
Or to make it easier to move up into the late first for someone...

Either way those options with a second are more attractive than using Crouse for part of a season.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The kicker is it's completely irrelevant as well as subjective.

Crouse's upside makes no difference to the stupidity of trading down from the second into the third just to use him on the fourth line that year.

Reactions: IPreferPi

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
62 pts. is no big deal when you have a man's body playing with peers that are 170 lbs. soaking wet. I know I like Crouse better than you but I don't expect him to ever put up big numbers in the NHL. IF he does, good for him, and us.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You obviously will disagree (and have disagreed), but in general more is expected from a Top 11 draft pick. Which is probably why Florida moved on from Crouse rather quickly.
I have said previously that going 11th OA was probably to high for him, but the Coyotes did not draft him, just made a good deal to get him.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The kicker is it's completely irrelevant as well as subjective.

Crouse's upside makes no difference to the stupidity of trading down from the second into the third just to use him on the fourth line that year.
The thing is, I would have had Crouse with the Coyotes this year, or most of the year anyway. The Coyotes thought different, or couldn't make a deal to make room for Crouse. Don't forget, it was the NHL or junior for Crouse last year. I had no problem with him not going back to junior.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Who wants an extra second if we can have yet another fourth liner...

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Chayka probably made this deal at 3am after waking up from a fever dream of an unhappy Hjalmarsson.

Richardson replacement, it was always coming.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Panik Stepan Keller
Domi Strome RW-trade
Tkachuk Dvorak Fischer
Crouse Kruger Cousins

Something like this? Added Tkachuk and a RW acquired through trade (for Perlini+).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
62 pts. is no big deal when you have a man's body playing with peers that are 170 lbs. soaking wet. I know I like Crouse better than you but I don't expect him to ever put up big numbers in the NHL. IF he does, good for him, and us.
Cmon Jake, I wasn’t telling you that googling his stats would help you get it. Projects like him need time to develop those skills at lower levels. That’s how it works. Otherwise you stupidly blow a top ten pick on a 4th liner.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Does this have any impact on the Richardson contract talks?
Maybe he's really happy here but he wants too much money/too many years than Chayka is willing to give him. Basically tells him that he can either back off on the contract talks or find somewhere else to play.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He asked for a multi-year deal after scoring 3g-12a-15p. I like him. I hope we keep him. He has to come back to earth.

Reactions: kbay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad