Captain and Asst. Captain Vacancies

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
Not that it wouldntbe decided within the easing room, but I could see:

Captain Subban > people can say he's ready or not, remember guys like Landeskog, or Crosby...
Subban is more ready than they both were.

Alternate Captain Markov > the guy who could be captain. Widely respected, and loved by the Habs faithful, Markie I'd love to see as captain. But something tells me he's happy here as the Alternate.

Alternate Captain Plekanec > IMO the forward most worthy, and la clear leader on this team for a long while.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Markov would never accept it, but he deserves it. Subban i don't think is ready yet, let's give him A first and take it from there. Plek doesn't strike me as the captain type but we are not in the room so can't say. Patches I don't think is even alternate captain material, let alone captain.... Gally is too young and immature (as in not mature enough, not as in frat boy like) enough. Prust maybe?

I'd' be fine with rolling with 3 A's for a while. With subban as an eventual captain. This would make him the first African- Canadian captain in nhl history right?

PricePkPatch*

Markov would never accept it, but he deserves it. Subban i don't think is ready yet, let's give him A first and take it from there. Plek doesn't strike me as the captain type but we are not in the room so can't say. Patches I don't think is even alternate captain material, let alone captain.... Gally is too young and immature (as in not mature enough, not as in frat boy like) enough. Prust maybe?

I'd' be fine with rolling with 3 A's for a while. With subban as an eventual captain. This would make him the first African- Canadian captain in nhl history right?

Do you count Iginla as black?

don't go the silly "african-american" politically correctness. It's a silly way of talking about one's race. Plus, Subban is of Jamaican-ancestry.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site

Technically, wasn't Iginla recognized as the first African Canadian nhl captain?

PricePkPatch*

Technically, wasn't Iginla recognized as the first African Canadian nhl captain?

I know it's a bit silly to talk about it that way, but isn't Iginla a mulatto? (mix of white and black-ancestry). Subban is full-blooded black ancestry.

I dislike calling the Mulatto "blacks", 'cause it calls back to the horrible "one-drop" argument.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
I know it's a bit silly to talk about it that way, but isn't Iginla a mulatto? (mix of white and black-ancestry). Subban is full-blooded black ancestry.

I dislike calling the Mulatto "blacks", 'cause it calls back to the horrible "one-drop" argument.

Yes, I believe Iginla would be of mixed ancestry, but he has had a lot of recognition for his black roots. Defining himself as African American.

From his recognition from willie o ree, and his own talk, I would believe he will be recognized before Subban.

That's not to say Subban doesn't deserve his own accolades, but if anyone asked Subban, I believe that he'd say Jerome was before him.

He'll still be the first to hoist the Stanley cup as captain :yo: (when we win it all)

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay

Wtf? Regardless of whether you're born from two black parents or one you're still black.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
C- Plekanec
A- Eller
A- Markov

Chose Eller because he's the perfect leader for the media. Also should help with his confidence issues.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
C: Gallagher
A: Markov
A: Plekanec

Subban is too emotional, IMO. He'd piss off far too many refs if he had the C.

I could see Gallagher captaining this team for years and years and years. But he may be do young, in which case give Markov or Pleks the C, and Subban an A. Gallagher could take the C when Markov moves on in 3-years.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Captain: Tomas Plekanec

Alternate: Andrei Markov

Alternate: PK Subban / Max Pacioretty

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Just put it on Markov's jersey and tell him it's never coming off. Ultimate lead by example player you can give it to on the roster.

True professional, incredible work ethic to get back from all his injuries. True loyalty to the franchise. This is what you want your young players to see when they get into the Habs dressing room.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00