Captain and Asst. Captain Vacancies

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I don't know what's the mood in the room but I would look at Subban, MaxPac, Galchenyuk and Gallagher, and if he would have played more, I would have liked to look at someone like Tinordi... These are players that will probably be with us for a while, have grown up in the Montreal system, can lead by their performance on ice (no risk to be forced to play them only because they're the captain) and could be taken aside and groomed to teach them everything that the Montreal captaincy would entail... And they'll grow by the responsibility that's foisted upon them.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
After he put his foot up in the penalty box after taking that stupid penalty in the playoffs..I have a hard time wanting Plekanec to be captain.

Dec 2, 2010
[C]Plekanec
[A]Markov
[A-Home]Subban
[A-Away]Prust

Price and Manny are also a presence in the locker room.

That assumes they want to keep Plekanec for the near future. If not, then Marky.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
After captaining his home country at the Olympics

I think he's ready for the habs captaincy (even tho I thought he should be traded for a top 6 winger)

I think itll be pleks 100%

markov just WILL not talk to the media everyday lol

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I'd give the C to Gallagher, although he is still young, he shows all the qualities of a great captain.

A captain must:

- Lead by example
- Provide encouragement
- Be a role model
- Never quit
- Be very hard-working
- Be well-liked and well-respected amongst teammates
- Be someone who can represent the team, wear the colours proudly, and do whatever it takes to win
- Play hard for the logo on the front of the jersey and the guys beside

To me, Gallagher has all of those qualities, and more, which, IMO, would make him a great captain.

C - Gallagher
A - Plekanec
A - Markov

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
I'd give the C to Gallagher, although he is still young, he shows all the qualities of a great captain.

A captain must:

- Lead by example
- Provide encouragement
- Be a role model
- Never quit
- Be very hard-working
- Be well-liked and well-respected amongst teammates
- Be someone who can represent the team, wear the colours proudly, and do whatever it takes to win
- Play hard for the logo on the front of the jersey and the guys beside

To me, Gallagher has all of those qualities, and more, which, IMO, would make him a great captain.

C - Gallagher
A - Plekanec
A - Markov

I agree with a lot of this. He just seems like the most prototypical leader-type on the team. He's very similar to a younger Gionta in a lot of ways.

Maybe if he changed his number to 21 and grew a goatee it would confuse Therrien enough to give him the C :naughty:

PricePkPatch*

I agree with a lot of this. He just seems like the most prototypical leader-type on the team. He's very similar to a younger Gionta in a lot of ways.

Maybe if he changed his number to 21 and grew a goatee it would confuse Therrien enough to give him the C :naughty:

In term of "leading by example", I think Subban is ahead.

Want it or not, but Subban is already the first to go give support to a struggling youngster. He's kept Beaulieu's on-the-ice outbursts in check (it's clear as day Beaulieu respects the hell out of Subban). He was the one to jump on Weise to make sure he did not fell face-first onto the ice.

He's the last man leaving the ice. He never misses a practice. He listens to his elder. He's been in the middle of controversies, and always came out on top and stronger.

Being captain is not always rosy-dandy, and Gallagher never had a genuine controversy surrounding him. We have no idea how he'd answer to criticism.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
In term of "leading by example", I think Subban is ahead.

Want it or not, but Subban is already the first to go give support to a struggling youngster. He's kept Beaulieu's on-the-ice outbursts in check (it's clear as day Beaulieu respects the hell out of Subban). He was the one to jump on Weise to make sure he did not fell face-first onto the ice.

He's the last man leaving the ice. He never misses a practice. He listens to his elder. He's been in the middle of controversies, and always came out on top and stronger.

Being captain is not always rosy-dandy, and Gallagher never had a genuine controversy surrounding him. We have no idea how he'd answer to criticism.

if by example ON the ice, disagree, dont think one top the other when it comes to work ethic, dedication, etc. he difference is probably in the dressing room, PK is more vocal and has a few more years in the league.

outside Markov/Plekanec who will be C and A (whoever gets the C, the other gets an A) Subban should be the other A.

He'll remain a A while the other two guys are on the team and if he does well (leadership) he gets "promoted", if not, he'll stay a A. No harm done to anyone.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
There is no way Markov will take the C, he's too low profile for that. He might be a leader on this team but he's not one for the spotlight, and I think it's fair to say that being captain for the Montreal Canadiens puts you in the spotlight.

PricePkPatch*

There is no way Markov will take the C, he's too low profile for that. He might be a leader on this team but he's not one for the spotlight, and I think it's fair to say that being captain for the Montreal Canadiens puts you in the spotlight.

It's my opinion as well.

And.. well. Pleky too. Let's be honest. He's not exactly Mr. Media-Man..

Just have 3 As:

Pleky
Markov
Subban

and then wait until we think Subban is fit to wear the C. Might take 1-2-3 years. But it's okay. Subban will get to grow in the role of leadership.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I really don't want to see Plek with a C or an A. I rarely like his playoffs performances, he gets lazy most of the time. I don't think he should be in the leadership conversation.

Markov - C
Subban - A
Gallagher - A

Subban takes the C for the rest of his career once Markov retires.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It's my opinion as well.

And.. well. Pleky too. Let's be honest. He's not exactly Mr. Media-Man..

Just have 3 As:

Pleky
Markov
Subban

and then wait until we think Subban is fit to wear the C. Might take 1-2-3 years. But it's okay. Subban will get to grow in the role of leadership.

If the team wants to "wait until Subban is ready" then just give him the C now. No point in not having a captain and no point in knowing who you want it to be, but waiting until giving it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad