GDT: Caps vs rangers game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Ughhh. Gut-wrenching or elation. It's one or the other. Games 1-6 can be a bit of both but nothing like a game 7.

My head says this a home-team series. My heart isn't allowing me to get too excited just to ease that pain should we lose. Arghh!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This has all the makings of a loss. I think the Rangers have gained tremendous confidence from the officiating dynamics this series. They are not afraid to play too aggressively defensively or on the forecheck because they been given unilateral carte blanche to do as they please. The Caps, on the other hand, are on the league's short leash and I expect them to play tentatively, at least early on. I see this playing out with the Rangers 1-4 on the PP and the Caps 0-2. Final score 3-1 Rangers.

I want to be wrong so badly but I really believe momentum and the league are on their side.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
vegas has been right every game this series so far and has caps slight favorite -130

although thats the down from the -140 from game 5

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
We are going to win. We are going to have the PP advantage. We are going to win. Rangers fans will whine about the reffing after the game. We are going to win. Torts will be a huge dick in his press conference. We are going to win. Ovechkin and Backstrom will step it up. We are going to win.

5-1 Caps

Ovechkin x2
Carlson
Brouwer
Chimera

We are going to win.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
vegas has been right every game this series so far and has caps slight favorite -130

although thats the down from the -140 from game 5

Vegas is just a conglomeration of people who bet. You see in Las Vegas the house just wants the bets placed as evenly as possible so they don't lose money and they charge like 10% on every bet placed. They want bets and will adjust those numbers based on how many fans bet on which team.

NY teams are always skewed since so very many of their fans will be on their team no matter what. This is the case with most large markets.

Its fair to extrapolate that the unbiased fan (degenerate gambler) believes the Caps are even greater favorites than those numbers suggest. The line is brough closer to 50/50 due to the large number of irrational thinking NY fans.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Hope laich is actually healthy and ready not being thrown in to get hurt worse than before. Was there any word at all that he was at least feeling good recently?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Back-to-back should be an advantage for the Caps, I'd think.

If there's any situation where McDonagh and Girardi are affected by their massive ice time, this is it.

Apr 6, 2004
Oh, there's a game tonight? I've been busy listening to the new Daft Punk album that got leaked.

In all seriousness, we got this in the bag.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Gotta watch this in public. The smugness of the Leefz, Broonz, and Rongos fans sure to be in attendance at the bar will be just vaguely bearable. The ambient Canucks fans rooting for the Caps will probably not.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Just throwing this out there:

During the regular season, the Rangers averaged 3.25 minor penalties per game. The Caps averaged 3.8. So a 0.55 penalty differential.

During this series, the Rangers have taken 3 minors per game, and the Caps have taken 5 per game. So a 2 penalty differential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad