GDT: Caps vs rangers game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Question, shouldn't the league review the Callahan elbow to Hillen and at least fine him? I mean it wasn't even done in the flow of play, it was a calculated, sneaky shot. If not, my dream scenario would be an insurmountable Caps lead and an expendable 4th line Cap subtly knocks his tooth out away from play.

Terry & I both thought the same as you... but it would seem that the league wants NY to move on, so they can ultimately play Pittsburgh.

So I'd wager any complaint on NY's captain will fall on deaf ears.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Terry & I both thought the same as you... but it would seem that the league wants NY to move on, so they can ultimately play Pittsburgh.

So I'd wager any complaint on NY's captain will fall on deaf ears.

If anything Shanahan would suspend Green.

We all know there is something funny with Shanahan and NY connection. But also, Bill Daly grew up a huge Ranger fan as well. NHL offices based in NY. NY is a huge market.

Its easy to put 2 and 2 together. There is obvious incentive to pull strings to get the game results they would like.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Any idea on the health of Erat. Didn't Oates say something he wasn't ready to come back in Game 5, but might be available later in the series?

No new updates. Count him out for now, I do not think he has even been practicing.

Oates was probably trying to be all smoke and mirrors:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 11 May
Oates said it's "possible" Erat could play before series ends. (Doesn't look like he's playing tomorrow)

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 11 May
No Martin Erat (left arm/wrist) at Capitals' practice today. Lines are same as last night's game.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So much anxiety building up in me. Im ready for the loss. We're all use to it.

I am the opposite. I expect a loss so I am at peace. Comfortably numb.

Will probably change around 7pm though.

Just ****ing win!

Last edited:

Anthony Eclair

Anthony Eclair
Jan 14, 2012
From a Rangers fan,

I may think Holtby is a jerk but he is one hell of a goaltender. We both put up a good fight and in the end, whatever happens, happens. For a few good years we've seen you guys a lot in the playoffs, sometimes we lost terribly and last year, we managed to beat you. I'm not gonna lie, you fans are loyal. I may not like your team, but you have a decent fanbase. Overall, it's been a brutal back and forth series and whoever comes out tonight alive, is well deserved.

Good Luck.... and no hard feelings when we kick your ass! (Ahh, the beauty of a rivalry) :)

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Ill be watching Anthony Bourdain @ DAR Constitution Hall while this is all going on. Im sure the Metro ride back home will provide the details of the game. Ugh.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Ill be watching Anthony Bourdain @ DAR Constitution Hall while this is all going on. Im sure the Metro ride back home will provide the details of the game. Ugh.

Need to get your priorities straight there bro...

Vladiator16*

WTF? The guy has been given thirteen 4th line shifts in 2 games, yet still has 2 shots on goal, 5 or 6 hits, and has been solid in all zones of the ice. Oh, and he's 19. And it's his first NHL action. And he has 2 weeks of pro experience. What the heck are you expecting him to do?

Well, maybe I shouldn't have said useless, but still Patty IMO would be more usefull.

Have meeting @ 6:30 might have to dvr it... **** I hate this season, first the lock out now most one sided officiating I've ever seen, NHL starting to look like WWE.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockDaRed

May 13, 2013
Richmond,VA
Now how can anyone think Holtby is a jerk? Can't still be mad at him for flattening that Rangers player. I mean he did take out his own teammate too lol.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles

Okay, dude, this is the fan equivalent of Backstrom's performance so far. Time to sack up, refocus, and get this thing done. Eff the Rags. And Bourdain.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I know playoffs are small sample size and stats can be misleading even over a full season, esp. +/-. Still, it surprises me to see Beagle is team-worst -4 so far. I feel safe when he's on the ice. Not surprised by MoJo's -3, though. Or -2 for Ovie and Nicky.

As much as I wish for anticlimactic 4-1 win for Caps, the last 13 playoff games b/w these two teams suggest it'll be another Heart Attack Special. Chances of that are even higher tonight with both teams playing not to lose and a big premium being placed on not making mistakes. Tonight has all the makings of a deflected point shot GWG for 2-1 OT victory. I just don't know which team will be doing the celebrating.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Has this team ever won a game 7 handily and without causing the fans undue stress?

Based on a disturbing amount of bald and grey haired Caps fans, I am going to guess no.

Work the under

RockDaRed

May 13, 2013
Richmond,VA
Can we please cream them. I got enough heart attacks with DC sports. Please just beat them like 10-0 and score 4 in the first 3 mins.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Whats everyone's confidence level for tonight's game?

We're going to win. I am going to my buddy's to watch the game and we have an invincible record when we watch together like we did Friday night.

Work night but this is far too important.

It won't be easy but we will pull it out.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Is it true the Rags have never won a Game 7 on the road? Doesn't mean diddly, I know, but it does keep me 1mm closer to the building while I'm out here on the ledge.

Plus, I don't know what it is about Brian Boyle's facial expression and demeanor on the ice, but it never makes me think, 'Eventual Stanley Cup champion.' (Same feeling I get from Sarge, by the way. And the Canucks.) Just saying.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Ovi has been getting more chances later in the series. It seems he figured out to shoot more. People have been saying Fehr is due, Ovi seems due himself, but is largely going it alone.

So at this point, Lundy is looking for Ovi to shoot and playing him tough. Tough sledding for Ovi.

While I love Wilson's hits and crease clearing, our 4th line has not done much. Beagle, "needed" for his faceoffs by many, only gets 3 draws per game. The reason why I mention it is because I have no expectations to get a PP let alone have our scoring lines pot ES goals tonight.

No matter how much you want mega offense in the playoffs, it always seems to come back to the grinders.

I like little tweaks after loses - maybe Volpatti Hendricks Wilson.

No way he messes with our top line at this point.

I would hate to lose Beagle. I feel better when he's on the PK.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Can we please cream them. I got enough heart attacks with DC sports. Please just beat them like 10-0 and score 4 in the first 3 mins.

Ugh, I know what you mean. These 0-0/0-1 to OT games are not good for my heart. I'm nearly tempted to wait till game is over and then check the score. But then, I might miss something amazing live.

I'm so bummed there are no spoilers to check. AND I HATE SPOILERS.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 5m
Referees for #Caps - #NYR Game 7, for those wondering, are Dan O'Rourke & Chris Rooney. Linesmen are Brian Murphy & Jean Morin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad