GDT: Caps vs rangers game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well this could benefit the Caps.

First off Ted will make more $$ from an extra home game (which shouldn't have come around really)

The Caps, should they prevail, will obtain a great deal of confidence battling through the adversity of the lobsided officiating and great goaltending of Lundqvuist.

I would think there will be a great deal of scrutiny on the officials for tonights game especially seeing how it will be in VC with an ornery VC crowd who has just, to a fan, witnessed the blasphemy of what went on in the last few games.

Caps bury them early.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ovi has been getting more chances later in the series. It seems he figured out to shoot more. People have been saying Fehr is due, Ovi seems due himself, but is largely going it alone.

So at this point, Lundy is looking for Ovi to shoot and playing him tough. Tough sledding for Ovi.

While I love Wilson's hits and crease clearing, our 4th line has not done much. Beagle, "needed" for his faceoffs by many, only gets 3 draws per game. The reason why I mention it is because I have no expectations to get a PP let alone have our scoring lines pot ES goals tonight.

No matter how much you want mega offense in the playoffs, it always seems to come back to the grinders.

I like little tweaks after loses - maybe Volpatti Hendricks Wilson.

No way he messes with our top line at this point.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Can we please win so we can shut these annoying fans from the trash city, with the garbage mayor?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Ovi has been getting more chances later in the series. It seems he figured out to shoot more. People have been saying Fehr is due, Ovi seems due himself, but is largely going it alone.

So at this point, Lundy is looking for Ovi to shoot and playing him tough. Tough sledding for Ovi.

While I love Wilson's hits and crease clearing, our 4th line has not done much. Beagle, "needed" for his faceoffs by many, only gets 3 draws per game. The reason why I mention it is because I have no expectations to get a PP let alone have our scoring lines pot ES goals tonight.

No matter how much you want mega offense in the playoffs, it always seems to come back to the grinders.

I like little tweaks after loses - maybe Volpatti Hendricks Wilson.

No way he messes with our top line at this point.

Isn't Beagle used on PKs though. But I agree with the need for a tweek to the 4th line, but I'm inclined to go with Joey Crabb over both AV and Wilson. Crabb is the more experienced of the three, he was potting them in Hershey, he can be good for garbage goals, he has more of an offensive upside to him then the other two right now. We can still get the physical play from Chimera, Erskine, Fehr and company.

Just got my tickets, will be there tonight. Will be bringing my daughter, the last time I took her to a Game 7 was at the Cap Centre in 1988 when Hunter scored the OT goal against the Flyers and we serenaded Hextall most of the game.

Last edited:

Vladiator16*

Beat the New York Refs (and Rangers)!

Wilson is useless so far, put Patty in.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
Wilson is useless so far, put Patty in.

WTF? The guy has been given thirteen 4th line shifts in 2 games, yet still has 2 shots on goal, 5 or 6 hits, and has been solid in all zones of the ice. Oh, and he's 19. And it's his first NHL action. And he has 2 weeks of pro experience. What the heck are you expecting him to do?

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Another year, same opponent.. I'm just sick of this
****. End these ****ers tonight! For the love of god give us our PPs, convert on them, and destroy them with hits and work ethic.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I may snag a last minute ticket to this one. Went to Game 5 and it was one of the greatest hockey games I've been to; first time being in the arena for playoff OT. My section blew up after Ribeiro's OT winner; I was in a three-way hug with some guy and his girlfriend next to me and I'm not even really a Caps fan haha.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Another year, same opponent.. I'm just sick of this
****. End these ****ers tonight! For the love of god give us our PPs, convert on them, and destroy them with hits and work ethic.

Give the Caps credit. Normally this kind of awful officiating would make a team gun shy about hitting.

Caps are continuing to play their game in that sense.

There is no quit in this Caps team and they seem to keep churning on and staying the course. It would be a damn shame to lose this series as they, to me at least, clearly seem like the better team and have played well overall.

Ovechkin has been getting chances. Hopefully he buries one or two. MJ really has been up and down as has Backstrom but both play much better at home.

The MSG ice really messes with skill players and our 1st line is just that. They have played better at home.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Question, shouldn't the league review the Callahan elbow to Hillen and at least fine him? I mean it wasn't even done in the flow of play, it was a calculated, sneaky shot. If not, my dream scenario would be an insurmountable Caps lead and an expendable 4th line Cap subtly knocks his tooth out away from play.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Question, shouldn't the league review the Callahan elbow to Hillen and at least fine him? I mean it wasn't even done in the flow of play, it was a calculated, sneaky shot. If not, my dream scenario would be an insurmountable Caps lead and an expendable 4th line Cap subtly knocks his tooth out away from play.

If Nash elbow on Kopecky didn't warrant a review by Shanahan earlier in the year I seriously doubt they will review the Callahan play. He barely grazed him but the attempt was definitely there. It was a dirty play that went undetected.

Hillen should have snapped his head back and faked injury in retrospect. I hope Oates makes this a point of emphasis. We need to sell a bit better.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I honestly feel that it's the hardest series to score this year in the East, maybe in the league overall.

Win. This series is already 2 games longer than the Divers deserve.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Dorsetts slew foot on Green, I don't see it as attempted slew foot he actually did it as you can see Green's legs buckle but he was able to maintain his balance.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Can you imagine all the line shuffling bruce would have done by now?

That said, I wish Oates would have tried something up in games 3-2 perhaps, or after game 4.

Fehr Ribs Ovi | MJ Nick Troy

It's too late to change IMO. But we were largely built to burn teams using the PP. So when the scoring lines are not producing chances on the rush at ES, I think the risk of changing lines is minimal to none.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Haha you weren't bleeding when you came off the ice.

Hockey players have been known to bite their lips or cheeks.

Funny story, I remember John Kordic on the caps had been high sticked. He had his mouth open giving the ref a good look. An opponent was also looking, so Kordic had his right loaded and was doing some little jabs to scare the player away. It was hilarious. Anyone else remember that, chirp in.

Last edited:

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Bickering over reffing, slewfoots and crosschecks to the face aside, this has been a fun series to watch. You guys have a great team.

Good Luck.

Maryland17

Jan 7, 2008
Annapolis, MD
Any idea on the health of Erat. Didn't Oates say something he wasn't ready to come back in Game 5, but might be available later in the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille