Feb 9, 2010
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 43s
Mike Green not made available to reporters after #Caps loss

Seriously?

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
I'd do it, but then you need to add two defensemen instead of one.

I do think Bouwmeester's poor reputation is a bit undeserved because of his lack of physical game in a Canadian market. He's better than he gets credit for. He's not ideal, but then neither is a broken Green.

His O game just totally died after his first couple years, so he never lived up to the expectations. I'd take him.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
We are pulling for the Rangers tonight, right? (Currently clinging to a 3-2 lead over Philly in 3rd) That would put them at 35 points, putting the final playoff spot out of reach and making us sellers at the deadline.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Do you think Flyers would offer up their 1st + for Green? They're desperate for a no.1 PMD. Played with Coburn they could be their first pair.
And Flyers 1st might be a pretty high one, looking like a top-10 pick right now.

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
Do you think Flyers would offer up their 1st + for Green? They're desperate for a no.1 PMD. Played with Coburn they could be their first pair.
And Flyers 1st might be a pretty high one, looking like a top-10 pick right now.

If they gave us a 4th it would be a steal

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Laich being the leader of men and trying damage control. I wonder if either of them really believe that.

I imagine Green not speaking is more about keeping him from saying something stupid than anything else. Not that I wouldn't want to hear what he'd have to say (because stupid, profanity laden quotes would be fun).

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
I'd do it, but then you need to add two defensemen instead of one.

I do think Bouwmeester's poor reputation is a bit undeserved because of his lack of physical game in a Canadian market. He's better than he gets credit for. He's not ideal, but then neither is a broken Green.

Jaybo has played better this seasn, but overall he's a softie. You've all prolly heard Peca's comments on him.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Just breaking down the video, not coming to brag:

Watching the replay on MSG, Oleksy went for an epic hit on Nielsen when he should've been in front of the net. He missed his hit, slammed into the boards, and there was plenty of space for Nielsen's pass to Bailey. If I was a Caps fan, I wouldn't be happy with Oleksy tonight.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I imagine Green not speaking is more about keeping him from saying something stupid than anything else.

Or maybe they are trying to deal him and don't want to draw any more attention to the boneheaded play than it's already getting.

Wish we didn't have to wait till Saturday for another game. Eager to wipe the end of this one from my mind's eye.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Yep. Saw only highlights and that was an easy call on 61 messing up with mental error. Then laich covering for him, leaving the back door open.

Liberati0n*

Yeah I meant to point out the Oleksy thing here after it happened. I think it was totally overlooked at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad