GDT: Caps Vs Isles 7pm 03/26/13

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Absolutely idiocy from Green. And this is what I've been talking about. His lack of urgency. Just going about in his lackadaisical ways with the puck right infront of the frigging net.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Wow I'm generally a Green fan but that play alone almost tips my opinion in favor of trading him. Tell you what, Orlov may be our best defender right now.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
**** you green you ****ing *********. Not a surprise that when he comes back the PP sucks again. He's so lackadaisical it's makes me sick.

I love it. "Green sucks on the PP, we need Carlson." "Carlson sucks on the PP, we need Green back." "Green came back and the PP sucks again, we need Carlson."

The PP is going to be streaky as hell no matter who's on it. They don't generate shots and rely on luck with high sh%'s. They have been all season.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Caps have now scored two or fewer goals in more than half of their games. Yet some believe we have an above average offense.

For those who will be around next year, that was the division's bottom feeder that just beat us. Fun.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
At that point it would have been the mass of humanity in between him and the net; getting blocked = high risk of ENG the other way. Earlier in the game? Your guess is as good as mine, but he was among the team leader in SOG early in the game so who knows.

When your teams best passer keeps passing it to you with 15 seconds left down a goal, you just have to let one rip. Slide and shoot like Oleksy.

Ovi too seems to have the passing disease. I hope everyone on the ice with Ovi knows to expect him to pass, and pass it really hard.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Not sure what 52 has done since his two big seasons to warrant his paycheck. Sporadically good defense and above average skating? Wideman outplayed him last year.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
When your teams best passer keeps passing it to you with 15 seconds left down a goal, you just have to let one rip. Slide and shoot like Oleksy.

Ovi too seems to have the passing disease. I hope everyone on the ice with Ovi knows to expect him to pass, and pass it really hard.

Yeah. Honestly, if I'm him, I try to just chip it over everyone and see what happens. :laugh:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
That was 95% Green's fault. Laich's pass was manageable. Green just had to get it out quick but decided to be an idiot. Don't put Laich down trying to stick up for Green.

95% Laich. Green just got stuck with the bad bouncing puck.

Laich lets it go by him at the blue line like it's no big deal and doesn't go hard back to retrieve it.

Maybe he's not healthy because he looked like an old man on that play.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I guess this season can't end like this. We will get on a roll and lose later at home stand with even more hilarious fail.

Icetime

Oct 28, 2006
LA
Maybe that's why they call Mike Green "Money" ..... at the strip club.

And not at the rink.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
This team is so pathetic.

First, anyone putting any more than about 1% of the blame on Laich for the game-losing goal is an apologist. Green has five plays there and he decided to be fancy. He had time all he had to do was throw it behind the net or send it down.

Second, how does a guy with a five game goal streak that is paid to shoot pass up about 5 golden opportunities within two periods. STOP PASSING, my God who neutered the Great 8? Poisoning his mind telling him to try to be Adam Oates when he has open shots in the slot.

Why is Joel Ward on the ice for a 6 on 5? Seriously, for traffic, at least get someone with moderate offensive talent. That 6 on 5 btw was a joke. Spend 30 seconds passing back and forth while Ovechkin is just twirling his thumbs for half a minute the entire sequence with an open shooting lane.

This defense is embarrassing, man I wish Jim Johnson was back behind the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad