GDT: Caps Vs Isles 7pm 03/26/13

Liberati0n*

Do you understand the concept of you don't score 100% of the time you don't shoot? Game is simple...get the puck on net and get rebounds.

The other team also does score almost 100% of the time they get to shoot at your empty net, but yeah they have to generate ****ing something there.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
95% Laich. Green just got stuck with the bad bouncing puck.

Laich lets it go by him at the blue line like it's no big deal and doesn't go hard back to retrieve it.

Maybe he's not healthy because he looked like an old man on that play.

It was a crappy play by Laitch, no doubt. But the dipsy doodle by Green was unnecessary, bouncing puck or not. We were very very sloppy behind the blue line tonight.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
This team should sell some guys-Ward, Laich(?), maybe Ribeiro, but if they resign him that's ok too. They need a few better pieces to be a contender. If the core can learn Oates's system, if they can draft a good player, and most of all, if 8 and 19 can find their game, this mini-season will be a success in my book.

I am not angry that they aren't good enough right now, but I will be if they **** up the chance to get better.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
That sequence will never not be utterly hilarious.

Even funnier for Green. He's laughing all the way to the bank with $6M+ for the next 2 years. He won't even play a full season! And when he does play, we see this crap.

I was actually an advocate of resigning him because I knew he had immense potential being one of the rare defenders to get 70+ pts in back-to-back seasons. It was basically him, Lidstrom, and Karlsson along with maybe Letang and Lubomir. But he's a joke. Same problems that he never got rid of, over and over.

How often can we afford to wait for him? It's the same cycle with him. He gets injured, comes back, plays like **** for a month, starts to pick it up, then gets injured again. He's an albatross contract like Ovechkin when he's not the Great 8. We can't afford to have this many detrimental contracts.

But, it's going to be tough to move him.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
95% Laich. Green just got stuck with the bad bouncing puck.

Laich lets it go by him at the blue line like it's no big deal and doesn't go hard back to retrieve it.

Maybe he's not healthy because he looked like an old man on that play.

OH please, Green had time to get it away from the net. That was his sole mission, he failed, miserably. Guy is the epitome of someone who will cost you in clutch situations. Absolutely ZERO sense of urgency. And earlier in the game he almost threw another goal in our net with a lazy pass. This was, okay, when he was putting up 70 points but now, he is not worth the paycheck. Too bad he and MCLoser are pals.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Currently 9th worst in standings, should be 8th by the end of the night (Edmonton creaming St Louis 3-0 end 2nd). All aboard the tank train!

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
It was a crappy play by Laitch, no doubt. But the dipsy doodle by Green was unnecessary, bouncing puck or not. We were very very sloppy behind the blue line tonight.

Defenders have to deal with those kind of passes all the time. It not like their defensive partners give them perfect passes every single time. However, when a bad pass is received, it usually triggers some urgency to move the puck quick because you already lost time getting the pass. It's just common sense not to screw around on broken plays. As a defender, your top priority is breaking out or getting it out. Most defenders realize that they need to move it ASAP and not dick around like you're up 4-0.

There's a time and place for that "fancy" footwork as a defender and it's usually not in your own zone.

Green's fault, no question.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
That's the sort of deal it'll probably take.

I'd do it.

Bouwmeester plays too passively, but he's reliable, can play effectively in all situations and is the most durable player in the league.

Intraconference is rough, but how down is Philly on Hartnell? I'd rather take a flyer on a project than sell him for garbage. Hell I'd rather sell him for straight picks than Jbo.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Someone please make a .gif of that Green play. I need a laugh right now.
That and Matt Martin faceplanting himself into the boards ala Wolski were the highlights of the night.

Bouwmeester is the better player at this point but the higher cap hit would be problematic. Less term remaining, though, so that could be lowered after next season.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Intraconference is rough, but how down is Philly on Hartnell? I'd rather take a flyer on a project than sell him for garbage. Hell I'd rather sell him for straight picks than Jbo.

I'd do it, but then you need to add two defensemen instead of one.

I do think Bouwmeester's poor reputation is a bit undeserved because of his lack of physical game in a Canadian market. He's better than he gets credit for. He's not ideal, but then neither is a broken Green.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad