GDT: Caps vs Canes 12MAR13

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
"I think if you watched them play tonight, it seems like they're missing maybe some confidence," Corvo said. "They're struggling a little bit."

Halpysback*

It doesn't even have to be the big picture team building things.

Take idiot Milbury's recent comments. Ovechkin came back a couple days later and ripped on Milbury's GMing skills. What a difference it would have made if that rebuttal came from McPhee rather than Ovechkin. Show the guy you give a **** about him.

Ultimately it does have to be the big picture. Competitive high end players put in a position where they can't succeed will eventually die alive more often than not. Even Backstrom is slowly but surely becoming average.

As for McPhee's style, he either alienates people or they are at best neutral towards him. I can't think of one person who left the team on good terms, its usually either neutral or Hammer/Nylander/Hannan/Knuble/Belanger/Arnott/Varlamov/Vokoun/Clark/Semin style. Usually towards the end just about everyone is alienated to some level. He's just not a good people person whatsoever, other than to Ted because that is a must have. Random chicago punchouts aside he also exposes his flank less than any GM in the league so he won't be getting into a war of words with anybody.

Actually scratch that, him and Schultz are probably gonna leave on bff terms.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Found the 3rd score: out hustled again, and still no emotion.

Kid yawns.... classic McPhee era reaction.

I can't watch this anymore.

Lol, I almost died laughing when they showed the kid yawning. Immediately, Joe B comments about yawning. I was just thinking prior to that shot, I was falling asleep.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
You know it's bad when even O'Gretzky was held pointless. He's our point per game guy. (Tied with Jay Beagle, by the way, in point production, though the latter has played 25 games and is a forward.)

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Not sure where I should ask this so I'll do it here... When do you guys expect Orlov to get recalled?

Everything about the Caps is slow, I wouldn't doubt he'd be forced to wait awhile in Hershey and get his leggings back under him.

However, with all the injuries I could see him rushed back.

capsfan528

Dec 20, 2008
i have a feeling if they lose tomorrow night, things are going to change in D.C.

hope they can turn it around but after last nights performance in a "must have" game, i dont see it happening.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
i have a feeling if they win tomorrow night, things are not going to change in D.C this season

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I watched up until that late 2nd period goal to make it 3-0.

This sure is a different team without Erskine in the lineup but in reality the injuries to the D are really starting to show. Whats our record without him?

MJ is rusty and him and Brouwer both had glorious chances to turn the momentum of that game around but couldn't finish. Tough breaks there.

Holtby, like the team in front of him, seems to suffer from a fragile confidence this year.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Who decided Schultz is an NHL caliber player? He plays at a level and pace below everyone else on the ice. That little flutter-bug he shot at the net from the blue-line yesterday reminded me of me, not an NHL caliber player.

IMO this game sort of sums up our season and effort level for the most part. Ovi disengaged, lack of understanding among the forwards no matter which combination was put out there. D is hurting right now w/ Erskine, Green out and it showed.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
0 fer 8 without Erskine

Here is the Oleksy Tilt

Is that including the Isles game? I would consider him missing that one since he played like 1 shift.

Ofcourse I miss our best moment of the game. Good scrap and stand up thing for Oleksy not to keep pounding away at the guy when he had him sorta down.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Good scrap and stand up thing for Oleksy not to keep pounding away at the guy when he had him sorta down.

Another example of being too nice...
Hope they will at least goon it up and injure every opposing teams players why they're eliminated from the race so at least nobody will like playing in Washington :sarcasm:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Another example of being too nice...
Hope they will at least goon it up and injure every opposing teams players why they're eliminated from the race so at least nobody will like playing in Washington :sarcasm:

If they're injured, they will tank better. Instead, we need more collisions at practice.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
And there are people that defend 55 whenever I bash him. The guy isn't good enough to play in Hershey. GM needed to go a long time ago. Ted is worthless. The players have all sorts of problems, starting with talent and confidence.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yeah if Schultz hadn't been on for that one goal against things would have turned out completely differently. Though I guess that 3rd goal was the back breaker. The Caps were going to win until then.

Ward's -4 evening was just fine though...

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
And there are people that defend 55 whenever I bash him. The guy isn't good enough to play in Hershey. GM needed to go a long time ago. Ted is worthless. The players have all sorts of problems, starting with talent and confidence.

I've been here for a while and I don't recall anyone defending Schultz ever.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
i have a feeling if they lose tomorrow night, things are going to change in D.C.

hope they can turn it around but after last nights performance in a "must have" game, i dont see it happening.

The only thing that will change is Ted's take. He'll spill about injuries or something and not take responsibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad