GDT: Caps vs Canes 12MAR13

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
That's going to be a mighty empty building come next month.

If this keeps up, the arena will be empty for a very long time. This isn't a hockey town, and I hope Ted realizes this. If this team ain't consistently winning, there won't be people there.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Johansson and Kundratek looked to be about the only guys that cared. I guess that was a stinker by Holtby but I didn't realize it hit him in the mask first time around.

Nothing more to add about Schultz. I almost feel sorry for the guy and I'm not sure why. With him on the roster all of the kids look really good.

Sorry effort for a desperate team. Even the coaching was bad.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Fat%20guy%20flips%20a%20table.gif

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
If this keeps up, the arena will be empty for a very long time. This isn't a hockey town, and I hope Ted realizes this. If this team ain't consistently winning, there won't be people there.

This is one of the reasons why Ted will never permit Ovechkin being traded. Ted may be a fan, but he's a businessman first and he realizes that Ovechkin is critical to marketing the team.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
This is one of the reasons why Ted will never permit Ovechkin being traded. Ted may be a fan, but he's a businessman first and he realizes that Ovechkin is critical to marketing the team.

If Ovi fades away then the fans won't care about him.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Plus RG3 is the new hotness in town and the guy is only 23 years old. Ovi will be forgotten if he doesn't play like he used it.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
If Ovi fades away then the fans won't care about him.

Exactly. This is why I don't understand the position that Ted will never allow Ovechkin to be traded (....because he fills the stands). How long until the bandwagon fans realize that Ovi is an overpaid, lazy, unproductive player.

Better to trade him before he has no value (Oops, too late). I'd be happy to trade him for nothing if some team will take the contract.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Exactly. This is why I don't understand the position that Ted will never allow Ovechkin to be traded (....because he fills the stands). How long until the bandwagon fans realize that Ovi is an overpaid, lazy, unproductive player.

Better to trade him before he has no value (Oops, too late). I'd be happy to trade him for nothing if some team will take the contract.

Yup, trading him for nothing would be a wonderful move for this franchise.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Time to deal Ovy. Not sure what you'd get for him. But this fall is David Duval-esq. What a bum.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Giving him away is crazy talk. There are plenty of teams that would offer a good return. Let's not go mental....

We're looking at 3 straight years of regression as player right now, yet they haven't missed the playoffs in 5 years, so the building is still full. I'm guessing they'll have to miss the playoffs before the building numbers take a noticeable hit.

Season ticket renewal time is right around the corner....

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
I dont think dealing Ovi is a good idea. But I think him watching a game from the pressbox might be a good idea. He isn't playing well, and its like hes just lost out there. He coasts anytime the puck isn't on his stick, I think this is causing his problems on both ends of the ice

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Time to deal Ovy. Not sure what you'd get for him. But this fall is David Duval-esq. What a bum.

What an obscure (well... to me) reference. To Wikipedia!

As a fan of the opposing team tonight (who is also a long-term fan of Ovi and an appreciator of his passion), it is surprising to see. He had his feet moving at times but was easily handled by even Carolina's 3rd and 4th lines, skating into the zone and having it poked back out with ease. 0 shots on the night. I hope he finds what he needs, but I have no idea what that would entail.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Man, Ovechkin's under-performance is bringing out some idiocy here.

its more his cap hit thats bringing it out, if ovechkin was being paid 5 million i wouldn't want to trade him. unfortunately ted decided to overpay him for no reason and now we're stuck with him until 2021 or whatever year it was

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Watching the replay on NHL.com, and I've gotta wonder what Locker is smoking with his midterm grades. I realize who he works for, but man, get real guy.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Man, Ovechkin's under-performance is bringing out some idiocy here.

Maybe it's because I just read 100 pages of a management textbook, but Ovechkin can be fixed. But that process should have started after the Montreal series and it should be ongoing. The biggest opportunity this franchise has isn't trading Green or Johansson or signing Ribeiro. It's reclaiming Ovechkin and it's pretty obvious that no effort is being made on that front.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Man.... great quality video, and I'm using my 4g hotspot. Not like the old days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad