GDT: Caps vs Canes 12MAR13

capsfan528

Dec 20, 2008
Alzner-Kundratek; Schultz-Carlson; Schilling-Oleksy.

im real worried about this one

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Can someone explain to me what happened to Big John? I missed this weekend and haven't heard anything. Injured?

I've never seen an NHL player look so uncomfortable skating as Jeff Schultz. He labors through every stride.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Can someone explain to me what happened to Big John? I missed this weekend and haven't heard anything. Injured?

I've never seen an NHL player look so uncomfortable skating as Jeff Schultz. He labors through every stride.

Skated like one or two shifts vs. NYI then was out. Someone said it looked like he was favoring his wrist or arm.

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
I heard he was diagnosed with paid contractitis, it seems to be affecting other defensemen on this team as well.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Alzner-Kundratek; Schultz-Carlson; Schilling-Oleksy.

im real worried about this one

Yeah, but it's not like the 'Canes D is that much better:

Harrison-Faulk
Gleason-Corvo
Sanguinetti-McBain

Once you get past Gleason, it gets pretty sketchy there.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water

I watched the replay last night and saw bits and pieces live. From what I could see........

- He took the opening shift.

- No physical contact.

- Took a slapshot at the end of shift.

- Went to bench with no attention.

- Took a second shift.

- No physical contact.

- There was a play close to center ice where he simply made a pass kinda cross ice. But that seemed to be where he came up lame, bent over and wanted to get off the ice.

- He couldn't get off the ice and appeared to be favoring "something" on the left side. Had trouble holding the stick.

- He was shown on the bench wincing in pain with what's his name (trainer) but oddly enough seemed to be favoring his right side but it's really kinda hard to tell.

- Hasn't been seen since.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
ever get a word or phrase stuck in your brain?

unfortunately i woke up this morning with 'Jiri Tlusty' on a loop in my thoughts.

i take this as a bad omen. especially since he and #28 seem to have a good thing going in Carolina. certainly have been enough NHL Network highlights of the two of them.

and it's with a heavy heart that i voice agreement, i think we need all 4 points out of these next two games, or else it's down the crapper. not that GMGM will ever admit it and flip the switch to Seller mode. still. caps need a serious hot streak or they'll be golfing early.

tonight i am rooting for sabres, ice kittens, and leafs in their respective games. and as long as i'm making wish list. ovie, for the love of god, please stake us to 2-0 lead tonite with pair of PP goals.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
I watched the replay last night and saw bits and pieces live. From what I could see........

- He took the opening shift.

- No physical contact.

- Took a slapshot at the end of shift.

- Went to bench with no attention.

- Took a second shift.

- No physical contact.

- There was a play close to center ice where he simply made a pass kinda cross ice. But that seemed to be where he came up lame, bent over and wanted to get off the ice.

- He couldn't get off the ice and appeared to be favoring "something" on the left side. Had trouble holding the stick.

- He was shown on the bench wincing in pain with what's his name (trainer) but oddly enough seemed to be favoring his right side but it's really kinda hard to tell.

- Hasn't been seen since.

Cheers for the legwork on that. The mystery continues...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
why don't any players ever decide to hit a former player? Are they off limits for the rest of their careers.

The knock on Semin used to be, play him physical and he will break. Ok literally.

Expect 0 hits on he and flash until the end of time.

Last edited:

dammit100

Nov 5, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, but it's not like the 'Canes D is that much better:

Harrison-Faulk
Gleason-Corvo
Sanguinetti-McBain

Once you get past Gleason, it gets pretty sketchy there.

Canes fan coming in peace... Faulk is our best defenseman, and McBain and Harrison have been arguably as good (at least) as Gleason this year.

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
Watch us win this one decisively to put a glimmer of hope into everyone's eyes only to be utterly destroyed in the second game to bring everyone back down to reality.

Tonight - 4-1 Caps
Thurs - 5-2 Canes with a yanking of Holtby

Liberati0n*

I'm sure if there's any possible way for them to tread water in these two games, they'll do it.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Last go, some said we were fortunate that the Canes were lacking Gleason, McBain, Pitkanen and Skinner.

This go we're lacking Green, Poti, Erskine and Laich. So I guess the Canes are the fortunate ones now.

If we win, I suppose it's because Ward was out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad