Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Bruins 7pm ET Jan 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
He is very ineffective
Wilson is what he is. Nice complimentary piece if he has great linemates, good utility guy who can do a few things well, but a borderline 2nd line talent/good 3rd line player. If he can’t play hard, forecheck well, and be a menace without borderline suspension worthy plays, then he’s not a ton of value.

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
Watching on delay and buzzing thru. Looks like Conner Shery has two goals skating on the 4th line. I’ve been drinking, is that correct ?

Reactions: troyerlaw

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Yes we have much bigger issues. They have been festering for awhile and now they are being exposed.
Yes but the Hagelin love from Lavi is indicative of a larger concern around coaching decisions. The coaching has been exposed ever since the Boston playoff series. Poor powerplay, deployments, whatever it is. It’s crap

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Just looked at the stats. If you would believe them the caps are dominating.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
What do you know, after giving the Bruins 4 straight PP’s to get in the game, the Refs miss a clear call against them on a penalty that isn’t even an interpretation call, it’s black and white.
Yes but also… we wouldn’t have done squat with the PP

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
We rarely lost leads like this during the Trotz era. In fact I think we had a gaudy win record when heading into 3rd period with a lead. There is something wrong with how Lavi coaches these situations, I think. When the other team pushes back, we get pushed around. We have no answer. And eventually we spiral out of control. Trotz had a calm demeanor and that transferred over to the players I think.

Also, the more vets we get back the worse we seem to play. There was something about having all those young players on the team that seemed to energize everyone.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It’s been dumb penalties and questionable goaltending tonight, along with some precise finishing from Boston.

I still think goaltending is quite random but these guys seem like they are some of the worst goalies in the NHL. I’d fire the goaltending coach, it’s been years of subpar goaltending.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Hot Take Time

This team was better with more of the young guys from the Bears in the line-up. They look old and slow again tonight.

AffectionateSphericalAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Alright. Time to see what the boys are made of. And if they aren't made of anything, at least I got beer now so it wont hurt as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad