Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Bruins 7pm ET Jan 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I never agree with RMNB but this is hella accurate.

Their 5v5 and overall analytics during the past 8 games (3-2-3 record) have been better than their overall season averages. Their shooting percentage has just plummeted to a bottom 10 mark (when they’re usually top 10) and they’ve received bottom 10 goaltending as well (even worse than usual). They have the 4th best xG% during the NHL in this time frame. I would much rather their slump be a PDO regression like this than them actually play like shit like they did under TR during their slumps. They’ll be fine. Not going to worry unless they actually start getting out played for a stretch of games.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The ovie hit on frederic didn’t look super devastating, but obviously Frederic injured something, based on his attempted stick smashing at bench. Looked like he knew he’d separated a shoulder or something.

jesus, ovie, shoot the freaking puck

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Sloppy as fuuuuuuuu.....cale.

IdenticalWavyHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

cale

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
It’s been dumb penalties and questionable goaltending tonight, along with some precise finishing from Boston.

I still think goaltending is quite random but these guys seem like they are some of the worst goalies in the NHL. I’d fire the goaltending coach, it’s been years of subpar goaltending.
I have been saying to fire Scott Murray for 3 years now.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
The ovie hit on frederic didn’t look super devastating, but obviously Frederic injured something, based on his attempted stick smashing at bench. Looked like he knew he’d separated a shoulder or something.

jesus, ovie, shoot the freaking puck
That is what he gets for churping Ovi earlier in the game. Disrespect the bear and he smashes you. I don't like to see anyone get hurt and I actually kind of like frederic..he is ballsy for a young guy.

Reactions: troyerlaw

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
We rarely lost leads like this during the Trotz era. In fact I think we had a gaudy win record when heading into 3rd period with a lead. There is something wrong with how Lavi coaches these situations, I think. When the other team pushes back, we get pushed around. We have no answer. And eventually we spiral out of control. Trotz had a calm demeanor and that transferred over to the players I think.

Also, the more vets we get back the worse we seem to play. There was something about having all those young players on the team that seemed to energize everyone.
The Caps xGA/60 when leading under Laviolette is 7th best in the league. Their actual GA/60 is 24th and their SV% is 31st. It’s not a coaching problem, it’s a goaltending problem.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Will there be any changes? I’m fine with a mid season slump. The problem is these are issues that have been around all season.

The problem is that it's the vets that are the ones having the issues. Well the young goalies too. But it's mostly the guys who have been here a long time.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Will there be any changes? I’m fine with a mid season slump. The problem is these are issues that have been around all season.

They've been around since last season.

Honestly this is the same team we saw last year, they look about the same. I don't trust them to beat anyone in the playoffs the way they are.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad