GDT: Caps Vs Avs 9PM BASIC EDITION

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Found on the main board GDT:

yK89cAO.gif

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Yeah, it was a good win. Didn't see first half of third period, but otherwise the Caps played different shades of well.

Third line looks pretty solid with Beagle, 2nd line was kind of quiet, but all eyes on 1st line -- can it reach/maintain a high level with Wilson there?

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Just baffles me when we see old Ovi like this and then other nights his stick handling for example looks terrible. His new found defensive prowess is really taking shape, you can tell he's learning the nuances game by game

Burakovsky95*

Possession numbers were literally dead even 5v5. 1st line, 1st pairing, 2nd pairing and the two Swedes on the 2nd line all had very nice nights.

Schmidt and Green got killed which was shown by the eye test as well tonight.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
i'll give a shout out to beagle, 4 points in his last 6 games and he's given that third line some life again. the only player who i thought played poorly tonight was schmidt, that may have been his worst game this year.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Ovi being ovi and playing defense too? Good team game, impressed by the guys tonight. I know the Avs are down but 2 is 2. How we can keep rolling. If everyone plays as hard as they did tonight, every game... We're at least 4 wins better.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
I was thinkin "here we go again" at the start of the 3rd, but even after giving up the 2nd neutralizer, they kept playin and closed it out! Nice road game!!

Holts looking solid is a relief!! Ovie playing both ends looks great! Thought it was 2010 there for a minute!

Glad Stonehands got one to go! Wilson causing chaos as usual, led to the 4v4 with their best Dman in the box! Nice and nice!!

There's plenty to critic as well, but they got the W and that's all that mattered.. Hopefully they keep it up and pounce on Buffy next!!

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Possession numbers were literally dead even 5v5. 1st line, 1st pairing, 2nd pairing and the two Swedes on the 2nd line all had very nice nights.

Schmidt and Green got killed which was shown by the eye test as well tonight.

Both goals Green was standing close doing nothing. The cant come soon enough.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
What did Green do on the second goal? From what I saw Schmidt left his man and Green tried to cover for him.

I will make it easy for you. Its at the 3:40 mark. Green stuck in no mans land not covering anyone. And the pass goes right by him for a tap in.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20142015,2,286&lang=en

My hate for mike Green is well documented but I thought you guys would at least be able to follow the play. Schmidt was tripped up and Green watched the puck and never picking up the trailer.

Edir: It looks worse the more you watch it. Seeing that Ward was covering low and Green did nothing on the play. He never took the puck or a man. He just floated from right to left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3