Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 2 - 2021-22

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Mac said during the trade deadline presser that he thought Leonard looked ready at camp last year.
“I don’t think — we don’t want to interrupt his season,” MacLellan said. “We have player development guys going in all the time, meeting with him. I don’t think it’s, ‘We want you to turn pro.’ We’ll assess with his agent. We’ll talk to him at the end of the year, talk about the year and where he’s at, and make a decision based on that.

“It’ll be a lot in his hands, in my opinion, on what he wants to do. Does he want to go back for another year or does he want to turn pro? We’ll accommodate his wishes.”

If you ask MacLellan, Leonard was already ready to throw on a Capitals jersey earlier this year. “At rookie camp, he looked like he could play, in my mind,” he said.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Just watched the OT. Might have to go back and watch a bunch of this one.

guess we need to wait another couple of weeks to get Lenny in Washington. But winning a national championship helps secure him going pro! All time rookie record is damn impressive!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
glad to see everyone is on board for leonard now after people were upset on draft day.
I don’t remember anyone really being upset. I mean there were some who were liking other players but I don’t remember upset. I remember as it got to past pick 5 people were like could Michkov be available. I was one who was glad Philly took him because i didn’t want him. Was pumped to get Leonard. But he has exceeded my expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad