Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
It's almost like the vast majority of prospects aside from a McDavid could stand to be faster at 18/19. Who would have thought? Very cartoonish the way he mentions it so often and yet gives Auston Matthews & Braden Schneider the same grade. f***ing hilarious.

Again, a thankless job and a lot of detail here but also a lot of gibberish.

Also it seems like improving one's skating is one of the few thing that can really be improved post draft time.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Bogdan really is shooting upwards and now with the big club. I like it.
Agreed, this is really encouraging news.

Many power forwards take longer to develop either because they need time to grow into their larger frames or their skating, decision-making, etc. needs to catch up with their already developed bodies (ex: Wilson). So I'm hoping this guy could end up being a steal

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Agreed, this is really encouraging news.

Many power forwards take longer to develop either because they need time to grow into their larger frames or their skating, decision-making, etc. needs to catch up with their already developed bodies (ex: Wilson). So I'm hoping this guy could end up being a steal

When he was first drafted a long long time ago, I thought Bogdan was closer to a Beck Malenstyn, a useful but offensively limited forward, than a Tom Wilson. I don't know if he is anywhere close to being as skilled as Tom or ever will be, I haven't even seen a single game that he's been in so I have no context, but it's been a pleasant surprise that he can put up points.

Reactions: Capagonia

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
When he was first drafted a long long time ago, I thought Bogdan was closer to a Beck Malenstyn, a useful but offensively limited forward, than a Tom Wilson. I don't know if he is anywhere close to being as skilled as Tom or ever will be, I haven't even seen a single game that he's been in so I have no context, but it's been a pleasant surprise that he can put up points.
Right, his ceiling isn't on Wilson's level I was just using him as an example of power forwards often being late bloomers.

I see his potential as being like a more physical Eric Fehr but that's just from what I've seen so far

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Right, his ceiling isn't on Wilson's level I was just using him as an example of power forwards often being late bloomers.

I see his potential as being like a more physical Eric Fehr but that's just from what I've seen so far

Ah, I didn't mean to infer you were. Just that I'm pleasantly surprised that he does have some offensive upside.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Dynamo Moscow (Trineyev) and Salavat Ufa (Alexeyev) got blown the f*** out. Both of our players looked solid, but the rest of their teams... yikes

Reactions: Liam Smith

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010

interesting to see what this could mean for mcmichael's playing this year, maybe a loan seems more reasonable now

Any word on the QMJHL restart? They said that earliest was Oct 28 (today) when they announced the shutdown, but I don't see anything.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
McMichael to Europe, please.
Probably only after the WJCs, though, and by then who knows how readily available loans will be. It's a tough spot but lots of training might be just as beneficial ultimately. That might get him up until whenever NHL camps start and then ultimately who knows if the OHL relents or not. Supposedly it's still not a finalized agreement and negotiations are ongoing. But between this and the likelihood of no fans you wonder if an OHL season will be viable.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Probably only after the WJCs, though, and by then who knows how readily available loans will be. It's a tough spot but lots of training might be just as beneficial ultimately. That might get him up until whenever NHL camps start and then ultimately who knows if the OHL relents or not. Supposedly it's still not a finalized agreement and negotiations are ongoing. But between this and the likelihood of no fans you wonder if an OHL season will be viable.

Oh, its final. Non-negotiable.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
While I do agree they should just cancel the season because of COVID, they should also experiment with non-checking leagues because checking is stupid and slows the game down and makes it unnecessarily dangerous.

In short, this decision is a land of contrasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad