Post-Game Talk: Caps @ The Powerhouse - 12:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I hate getting these useless loser points but I love that we aren't an easy win even against the best teams in the league. The team has no quit, gotta give Quinn credit.
Its the infamous "catch 22". Damned if you do, damned if you don't. (Contemporary meaning) Anyway, yeah......was obviously thinking the same. It is just that "no man's land" on an individual game basis.
Why wouldn't we (as fans) just LOVE to throw a wrench in the Caps PO positioning? The hated Canadiens? Same for the Pens. Boston, yet another orig6 arch rival. We as FANS of the Rangers literally REfuSE to "wish" we lose, for the sake of a better pctg. in winning the Hughes lottery, specifically against these teams. Right?
Again, today's POINT...... is just another tiny thorn that surely will add up with the rest of those thorns.....hurting our chances.
Not a one of us......would have remembered a reg. loss today.
And Washington sure as hell....didn't mind one bit, allowing us to get it. I suppose, at least we didn't get 2.

I know I am TORN! Really am. I no sooner wish we played the West for the rest of the season......wouldn't care if we lost them all. Unfortunately, feelings (and the schedule) are getting in the way.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I know I'd wanna win the lottery and get Hughes or kappo but I dont see them being McDavid or Matthew's even, I see Hughes more like Patrick than anyone. Be nice to get but I don't think there is as much spread from 1-8 as other years.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know I'd wanna win the lottery and get Hughes or kappo but I dont see them being McDavid or Matthew's even, I see Hughes more like Patrick than anyone. Be nice to get but I don't think there is as much spread from 1-8 as other years.
how about 1-9 or 1-10 cause that's where we might be picking

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hughes should surely be better than Patrick (Hischier was #1 anyway) but I agree with the notion that Hughes is on the lower end of 1OA picks.

Reactions: Blue Blooded

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I disagree. No motive to hit ovechkin. The Ovi had him beat, and Georgiev wanted to put the stick between the puck and the goal line.
I think you're being literal to try to alter the meaning. I believe the rule is meant to cover any throwing of the stick in the direction of the player with the puck. If the goalie had throw the stick in the other direction, then it doesn't affect the play. This way it's not simply throwing the stick. It needs to be throwing the stick to interfere with the chance to shoot. Which he did, by accident or not. That's the spirit of the rule.

I don't think I can be any more clear that that.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

I honestly see this draft like the 2017 draft where guys like Peterson and Heiskanen etc(spelling) are equally as good picks. Ofcourse I'd prefer to get in the top two,but i think it's not the end of the world if we don't.
I'm also not a fan of the us developmental team thing...what do they play like 20 games a year? That's an awful big jump to the nhl from there.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
how about 1-9 or 1-10 cause that's where we might be picking

Right, and i knew we weren't going to be as bad as OTT or DET when the season started, so Kakko and Hughes were always pipe dreams, but i will be pissed if we miss out on Byram/Cozens/Dach, because are picking 10th again, and "wind up" with another 'he should be a good 2nd liner at least' player, which this team has had their share of over the years. Yes, its great to grab the JT Millers and the Chris Kreiders of the world, but we need a f***ing all-star.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So I guess this is the part where I admit the fact that ADA is a better player than I ever thought I would admit to him being. I have opinions, mostly strong, and sometimes wrong. He has come a long way. I didn't think he had it in him. I have gone from despising him, to tolerating him, to kinda actually liking him. He makes a notable positive impact on almost every shift. He is quick and decisive, two short commodities in these parts. There you go. One crow dinner with all the fixins, ordered and eaten.
Need ketchup? Crow can taste pretty nasty if not seasoned correctly.

Reactions: leetch99

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I honestly see this draft like the 2017 draft where guys like Peterson and Heiskanen etc(spelling) are equally as good picks. Ofcourse I'd prefer to get in the top two,but i think it's not the end of the world if we don't.
I'm also not a fan of the us developmental team thing...what do they play like 20 games a year? That's an awful big jump to the nhl from there.

huh?

They play a bunch of games a year.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Wahlstrom played 88 games last season, plus an additional 7 for the u18 NT

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think you're being literal to try to alter the meaning. I believe the rule is meant to cover any throwing of the stick in the direction of the player with the puck. If the goalie had throw the stick in the other direction, then it doesn't affect the play. This way it's not simply throwing the stick. It needs to be throwing the stick to interfere with the chance to shoot. Which he did, by accident or not. That's the spirit of the rule.

I don't think I can be any more clear that that.

Yeah I think people are interpreting the rule to fit their agenda. It seems clear to me the idea is that it's a penalty to throw your stick in the direction of the player with the puck in an attempt to make a save or disrupt their control of the puck. For the purposes of the rule, the puck and stick are part of the player.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
huh?

They play a bunch of games a year.

Think Hughes is actually at 48 games plus 4 wjc. It's still quite a stretch to the nhl. The CHL guys are at around 62-65 I believe without world junior. Chytil yesterdsy admitted that he found the season long I believe they only have a 40 game season in the Czech league.

Reactions: egelband

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Think Hughes is actually at 48 games plus 4 wjc. It's still quite a stretch to the nhl. The CHL guys are at around 62-65 I believe without world junior. Chytil yesterdsy admitted that he found the season long I believe they only have a 40 game season in the Czech league.

Still, barking up the wrong tree. Not really valid, it's already more than a prospect would be playing in college. Plus, games are not the be-all, end-all. Hughes needs to bulk up some to enhance his durability, more practice time on and off the ice is worthwhile in helping that. Not a reason to discredit him or what he can bring to a team, although I'm not sold he's going to be a tear-it-up first overall, but a really solid 2C.

Every single rookie feels the season is "long" and hits that snag. It's because 82 games in the NHL is a hell of a lot more of a grind than 80 or so in juniors.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes, its great to grab the JT Millers and the Chris Kreiders of the world, but we need a ****ing all-star.
Kreider is all-star caliber. So too is ZBad. Again, if you are looking for the so-called generational level talent, they do not come around all that often. Hence the term "generational".

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider is all-star caliber. So too is ZBad. Again, if you are looking for the so-called generational level talent, they do not come around all that often. Hence the term "generational".

There's a lot of real estate between an all-star player and a generational player.

I would argue Zibanejad himself has crossed into that territory is he can replicate this season.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad